Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: After quitting on the Cavs organization, LeBron James' legacy is forever ruined

Jim Rome just finished ripping King James pretty good.

It's so true, Lebron just doesn't have the killer instinct players like MJ, Bird, Magic, and yes Kobe, had/have. There's no way MJ would have let his teams loose like that. Those guys teams didn't goof around.

Default Re: After quitting on the Cavs organization, LeBron James' legacy is forever ruined

So I presume next time you see him in the club you won't give him 'the head nod' like you did before?

Quote Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
    Here let me say it slower....

I-DON'T-WANT-THIS-F*CKING-QUITTER-ON-MY-HOMETOWN-TEAM-EVEN-IF-THE-CAVS-WIN-A-CHAMPIONSHIP

Capice?
    I don't feel as strongly as you, but I will admit something - Watching the last 2 games I realized that Bron isn't the player I thought he was. He isn't on some other level that no other player in the NBA is on, he isn't comparable to peak Jordan, and unlike last year, this team he is the main reason why his team is on the brink of elimination.

I'm not ready to go as far as to say he's a quitter, but he definitely dissapointed me. And to the people who claim his supporting cast isn't good enough all I can say is be real, his team is actually more talented than the Celtics. Anybody who says he doesn't have enough talent is ignorant - this years team has more than enough talent to win a championship, and last year's team while not great was a solid supporting cast as well.

LeBron is still my favorite player but he's let me down this series.

Derka
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by Kujo

It's so true, Lebron just doesn't have the killer instinct players like MJ, Bird, Magic, and yes Kobe, had/have. There's no way MJ would have let his teams loose like that. Those guys teams didn't goof around.
    The thing with guys like that...even if they did get beat up by 30 in a playoff game, they left it all out on the floor anyway. Bird, Michael, Magic...you knew for damn sure that even if the team didn't win, those guys were bring everything they had to bear in a losing effort. They'd shoulder the blame for not getting the job done and move on to the next one. Professionals, right there.

Thunder it DOWN, Dion! PleezeBelieve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    as many pro-lebron threads you have made over the years i question who is the real quitter?

with fans like you i'd probably give up too

Capice?
    Everything I state about LeBron is on the court. If he performs on the court, I don't give a sh*t what he does off of it. I may desire more of him as a staple of the community, but on the court, he was great for us.

But you don't quit. You don't throw your teammates under the bus knowing any of your failures will be passed on them. You don't not OWN the way your team played last night.

You just don't. Not after all the flirts he's made elsewhere. His teammates deserve better. The city deserves better. And most importantly, the ORGANIZATION deserves better. They have tried to a fault to appease this clown. His whole family must have front row seats. Allows this dude to bring anyone with him on team flights. Have to deal with the fallout of his flirtatious FA comments. On and on and on.

Don't challenge me. Challenge LeBron. I have pride in everything I do. Don't feel I'm entitled to anything. I'm no LeBron James.

And that's a good thing.

Not airballing my layups anymore TheSlimViper's Avatar

"Pics were for the lames outside the VIP area. Plus his guards wouldn't let people get a snap of him. I didn't care either was cause it was all about me and the women. They were definite thumbs up quality. LeBron knew what was up. I think he even gave me a head-nod when I left the club early."

~PleezeBelieve

I really don't know why people bother responding to anything he says, except perhaps for self-entertainment.
    Last edited by TheSlimViper; 05-12-2010 at 12:31 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
    I don't feel as strongly as you, but I will admit something - Watching the last 2 games I realized that Bron isn't the player I thought he was. He isn't on some other level that no other player in the NBA is on, he isn't comparable to peak Jordan, and unlike last year, this team he is the main reason why his team is on the brink of elimination.

I'm not ready to go as far as to say he's a quitter, but he definitely dissapointed me. And to the people who claim his supporting cast isn't good enough all I can say is be real, his team is actually more talented than the Celtics. Anybody who says he doesn't have enough talent is ignorant - this years team has more than enough talent to win a championship, and last year's team while not great was a solid supporting cast as well.

LeBron is still my favorite player but he's let me down this series.
    plz, the guy had the weight of a whole ****ing city full of hopeless losers living vicaoursly thru him on his shoulders , isnt that a bit too much to ask to a guy who isnt even 25... he did his best for a long time but had to face the truth; he s not superman or god and these people have to live without him and he has to care about himself now. He's not going to win any finals with this coach and this team. He's convinced of that.

LBJ needs to head down south to the ATL.

It will be tarnished as a Cav if he leaves. But he will forever be known as the savior of the Knicks if he goes to NY. Really...if he wins just one championship in NY...just because it was as a Knick in NY people will give him more respect then someone like Duncan who won four of them in a small market.

It's not fair but that's just the way things is. Bron knows that...shoot he wins 4 of them for the Knicks people will be saying he is better then Jordan.

Saw a basketball once

Oh my god enough already. This thread is wrong on so many levels.
    First of all I don't think he quit, he had a bad game, and so did the team, losing big always looks like the effort was not there. It is usually not the case. He played bad, he still the best player on the planet.

His legacy will be fine. Everyone forgot about kobe in Game 6 of the 2008 finals. The Lakers get blown out, he has a lackluster game, looks like he quit midway through the game, and he got the same criticism.
    next year he wins a championship, and now he is a deadly competitor, according to everyone, a year before he was a quitter, who didn't have what it takes to lead a team to a championship.

Now the series is not over by a long shot, but if the Cavs lose the series, and he comes back be in Cleveland or in another city and wins big, all is forgiven,and people will forget all about game 5, just like they forgot about Kobe in game 6 of the 2008 finals.

One thing I would like to have happen, is people stop looking at what wrong with the superstars when they lose to the C's, and start looking at what is right about the C's.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
    Yea, the Cavs organization and supporting cast will take the hit when/if this ship sinks, but real basketball fans know this dude LeBron quit on an entire organization. On an entire city. And on himself.

You don't erase moments like these. Yes, in the short-term, people will attack everyone but LeBron. Look at the front page now. Jokes on the city of Cleveland. Jokes on us Cavs fans. We're the idiots. We did LeBron wrong...yada..yada...yada.

It's too easy not to at this point, right?

But to reward such arrogance with rage/envy/bitterness against the fanbase and organization is flatout WRONG. You can disagree with how the Cavs built around LeBron, but that doesn't give LeBron justification for quitting on them.

Every player can't win but quitters are the only player's who are losers forever.
    is that why you quit ISH last year (as promised when the Cavs lost), but then came back (much to everyone's dismay).

Was it to keep your 'legacy' from forever being ruined?

was that why you pulled the chicken shit move of going against your words and promises and ended up looking like a completely spineless douchebag?

to protect your 'legacy'?

OP is an idiot who should be banned after making threads like these.

Thunder it DOWN, Dion! PleezeBelieve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    is that why you quit ISH last year (as promised when the Cavs lost), but then came back (much to everyone's dismay).

Was it to keep your 'legacy' from forever being ruined?

was that why you pulled the chicken shit move of going against your words and promises and ended up looking like a completely spineless douchebag?

to protect your 'legacy'?
    No, it was because I was TOO BIG TO FAIL. My fans essentially provided me a BUYOUT cause they rather read my post over yours.

Deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujo

Lebron seems to be more Kareem-like in terms of his metality.

He says the right things (Kareem didn't) but his actions (injured or not) have not backed them up in the majority of this series and to some extent last years conference finals.

The killer instinct is lacking I suppose, but more so what stands out is his inability to lift the play of those around him in big games. That's what made Magic, Jordan, Russell and Bird so great.

Quote Originally Posted by thejumpa
    OP is an idiot who should be banned after making threads like these.
    And yes

Do Cav fans get this? You are a five married to a ten. When the ten divorces you, she marries another ten. You marry a five. Lebron could wear I HATE CLEVELAND on his jersey and you'd be stupid to want him gone. You are never, ever getting any better.

You better hope this is a hiccup and he doesn't leave, because if he does, your franchise is shit.