Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
    Thunder it DOWN, Dion! PleezeBelieve's Avatar

Default After quitting on the Cavs organization, LeBron James' legacy is forever ruined

Yea, the Cavs organization and supporting cast will take the hit when/if this ship sinks, but real basketball fans know this dude LeBron quit on an entire organization. On an entire city. And on himself.

You don't erase moments like these. Yes, in the short-term, people will attack everyone but LeBron. Look at the front page now. Jokes on the city of Cleveland. Jokes on us Cavs fans. We're the idiots. We did LeBron wrong...yada..yada...yada.

It's too easy not to at this point, right?

But to reward such arrogance with rage/envy/bitterness against the fanbase and organization is flatout WRONG. You can disagree with how the Cavs built around LeBron, but that doesn't give LeBron justification for quitting on them.

Every player can't win but quitters are the only player's who are losers forever.
    Last edited by PleezeBelieve; 05-12-2010 at 08:05 AM.

Local High School Star Johnni Gade's Avatar

Default Re: After quitting on the Cavs organization, LeBron James' legacy is forever ruined

Dont blame him. He can't help Celtics are better.

a LAKER & a DODGER fan Lakerlove420's Avatar

Default Re: After quitting on the Cavs organization, LeBron James' legacy is forever ruined

PROFESSIONAL CHOKE ARTIST = LEBRON JAMES

all the hype, all the drama. when are you gonna come on down to the finals Bronboy. We've been waiting on you for a couple of years now ... .

I wouldn't say forever ruined, but it certainly will be badly tarnished if he comes out flat in game 6 and the Cavs lose.

He's the best player we ever had, and if Game 5 ends up being his last homegame ever in Cleveland, then his legacy will be going out as a quitter. He's given us so much over these 7 years, but that one game will be the last memory we have of him, and it'll be a terrible one.

74-8

Amil23
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnni Gade
    Dont blame him. He can't help Celtics are better.
    Yeah rite.Lebron handed the Celtics 3 games lets get serious

Amil23
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
    Yea, the Cavs organization and supporting cast will take the hit when/if this ship sinks, but real basketball fans know this dude LeBron quit on an entire organization. On an entire city. And on himself.

You don't erase moments like these. Yes, in the short-term, people will attack everyone but LeBron. Look at the front page now. Jokes on the city of Cleveland. Jokes on us Cavs fans. We're the idiots. We did LeBron wrong...yada..yada...yada.

It's too easy not to at this point, right?

But to reward such arrogance with rage/envy/bitterness against the fanbase and organization is flatout WRONG. You can disagree with how the Cavs built around LeBron, but that doesn't give LeBron justification for quitting on them.

Every player can't win but quitters are the only player's who are losers forever.
    Agree.It was as if he wanted to laugh you could see it on his face.Even when he shot the ball it looked like he was trying to miss

I rule the local playground

LeChokenOne

edit:you know i gotta give u this 1 star right?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

I think this thread is a bit harsh... people forget Lebron is just a kid who is maturing at an incredible rate and with incredible God given talent.

It also underscores how difficult it truly is to raise to the level of NBA champion... it takes more than one person... it takes an entire team ecosystem from owner to towel boy. I think people here grossly underestimate that element unfortunately and take it for granted.

As a Laker fan all my life, I truly appreciate the Lakers organization and I am constantly amazed at their ability to deliver teams that not only get to the NBA finals often, but win championships. As a Laker fan, I am indeed spoiled!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BigTicket
    I wouldn't say forever ruined, but it certainly will be badly tarnished if he comes out flat in game 6 and the Cavs lose.

He's the best player we ever had, and if Game 5 ends up being his last homegame ever in Cleveland, then his legacy will be going out as a quitter. He's given us so much over these 7 years, but that one game will be the last memory we have of him, and it'll be a terrible one.
    I think he doesnt give a ****. He's sick of being the king of...losers. He wants fresh air, his whole character in cleveland has become toxic to himself and them.

I cant see him stay, seriously. Novelty is badly needed. They tried , too hard -with the wrong coach obviously-, for too long, now cleveland's dream is toast. But lebron...isnt, and he knows it.

Didn't you post this yesterday? Then change your mind and said Lebron is staying forever? Then you are back here? Will Lebron be staying forever later?

If he goes to another city, wins 5 titles, his legacy will be just fine. Sorry, but it's true. And can we all stop burying him? ESPN has made teh story "what will Lebron do now in his career?" The answer to that is play game 6. It's a bit premature to bury him. The same way the Cav fans here wanted props for their team play "WHAT DO YOU THINK OF JJ NOW? WHAT DO YOU THINK OF COACH BROWN NOW?" - all of that was real premature. Lebron has ruined his legacy forever, WAY premature.

If he sucks in game 6, goes out next year with a new team and wins a tile, you will all see memories are VERY short.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

PB on suicide watch

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Cleveland is a bunch of frontrunners. When things go wrong, it's time to throw the superstar under the bus! Nevermind that the coach is a Nimrod. A simpleton, who manages the rotations poorly and fails to make proper adjustments or run a proper offense. Team was just constructed horribly, around LeBron. Cleveland fans are soo uppity, that they think they're better than LeBron. Who are you guys to call him a quitter, after all he's done for the city of CLE? The most uppity fanbase alive. This where you rally together, but of course Cleveland wants to trash their superstar. Might as well kick him on his way out. No way I would come back... if I was him, and got treated like this.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HylianNightmare
    PB on suicide watch
    thats actually a good thing... maybe he will stop posting!

Local High School Star Skyscraper's Avatar

Lebron can regain his image by winning titles with the New York [COLOR="White"]Nets[/COLOR]

Of course, he will be forever hated in Cleveland...