Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Not airballing my layups anymore

Default Spurs would be Western favorites with LMA

This team would be unstoppable

Learning to shoot layups

Default Re: Spurs would be Western favorites with LMA

No doubt. The only thing I worry about is how will Kawhi fit in offensively in a half court setting? He likes to post up and is very good at it. Duncan and LMA do the same. Will he be made a slasher and jumpshooter? It will hurt his development. Don't sign LMA to anything but either a 1 year deal or a 4 year deal.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ruler
    No doubt. The only thing I worry about is how will Kawhi fit in offensively in a half court setting? He likes to post up and is very good at it. Duncan and LMA do the same. Will he be made a slasher and jumpshooter? It will hurt his development. Don't sign LMA to anything but either a 1 year deal or a 4 year deal.
    They'd put LMA at the 3 point line in that lineup more than people think.

Unstoppable? No, not by a long shot.

Spurs got a year older.

I'd take the Rox right now over them with a healthy roster.

And GS. Maybe OKC too.

Local High School Star

Even if the Spurs do sign LMA they still have a fair bit of work to do with their roster

Firstly they need a backup centre.
    Next they need a backup PG.. One that is capable of slotting into the starter spot of Parker is injured/declines
    They also need a backup SG..one that has three point range

I'm hoping Kyle Anderson has improved enough to be a reliable backup SF as well which may not be the case

They can be very very good but no guarantee

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by toxicxr6
    Even if the Spurs do sign LMA they still have a fair bit of work to do with their roster

Firstly they need a backup centre.
    Next they need a backup PG.. One that is capable of slotting into the starter spot of Parker is injured/declines
    They also need a backup SG..one that has three point range

I'm hoping Kyle Anderson has improved enough to be a reliable backup SF as well which may not be the case

They can be very very good but no guarantee
    We just need athletes and defenders that can shoot 3's alaa Jaren Jackson. Cheap help

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by westsideozzie
    We just need athletes and defenders that can shoot 3's alaa Jaren Jackson. Cheap help
    No not true

They are absolutely in need of a backup PG and C right now more than anything

Quote Originally Posted by Ruler
    They will most likely use LA to spread the floor from mid-range. Kawhi could post up in ISO sutiations and will kick the ball out to LA or anybody if doubled.

Yes, we need a backup C. They should take a look at Biyombo, or they could always call up someone from the Toros. As for backup pg's, there are plenty to choose from. I'd take a look at Jimmer, Aaron Brooks or even Andre Miller.

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by toxicxr6
    No not true

They are absolutely in need of a backup PG and C right now more than anything
    You think Corey Joseph is a backup point guard? How about giving Patty 23 minutes a game... You paying him might as well use him.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Spurs will sign a cheap backup C like Kyle O'Quinn or Koufas.

Cory Joseph and Mills should be back so there's your backup PG solution.

Ginobili is expected to return for a final year so he can lead the bench in play making.

Team would be very very scary with LMA.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by westsideozzie
    You think Corey Joseph is a backup point guard? How about giving Patty 23 minutes a game... You paying him might as well use him.

You might want to have a look at the Spurs roster because right now cory Joseph is not on it.. Patty mills I think will have a better season than last year but he is still an undersized PG.. Tony Parker is undersized too.. The PG is so stacked ATM in the league that we really need a larger defensive pg option.
    And right now what SG is backing up Danny green??? What sf is backing up Leonard?? We don't have a reliable backup sg or sf on the roster right now

And as centre. We only have tim Duncan.. And that's if LMA signs.. So we need someone there too..
    Spurs have a lot of roster work to do.. That's why I want LMA to make his decision ASAP so the rest of the roster can be addressed

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Depends on parker for me. If he plays the same or gets worse idk how they'll deal with the pg's of the west.. i'd prolly still take gsw

Very good NBA starter

there's still plenty of time.. plus it's not like the Spurs have to go into the season looking like "automatic champions" or else it was a worthless offseason... outside of maybe Lebron-lead teams, no teams are a lock for the finals imo... if there's anything to be trusted it's Spurs management... as for the OP, we need to sign LMA first before even entertaining the thought of how good we'd be, but yeah LMA + Kawhi + Duncan + Parker + Ginobili would be solid assuming the latter 3 don't look burnt out or get injured