Default Best fits for the 2015 Draft Prospects

Production isn't just equal to ability. It takes ability + opportunity to = production. Sometimes a players development is drastically improved or slowed based on the situation they are in.

Of course it's easy to say that for almost any player that it would vs better for their development to play for the Spurs over playing for the 76'rs. So please only take top 10-15 prospects and the 10-15 top picks (worst teams)

With the players best fit in mind, what franchises fit these top guys the most?

WCS- Knicks, nugs, kings- teams with their best players being sf's and C's. Those 3 teams need his defensive versatility without needing more offense than he will provide.

Okafor- Minnesota is perfect because they aren't reloading they are rebuilding. Not a vet team expecting that okafor takes them to the next level. Okafor and wiggins could develop together without pressure

Towns- Boston is the fit because they give him a little time and a good coach. And w Olynyk being a 4/5 combo you allow towns and team to find out if towns is going to be a pf or a C

Mudiay- Philadelphia can use mudiay learning the pg position to justify another few years of tanking. One of the bigs going to Philly is not the best for the players development (though I hope it happens.)

Looney- Philadelphia fits here too. Needing time and to be forced to play his highest nba ceiling position SF

Russell- NY or Sac both give Russell the ability to learn his way in without being asked to be a #1 option. Russell plays w a team like Philly he will struggle being asked to be a #1 option and develop a young front court at the same time will make developing his game harder. Like w mcw, did his pg skills continue to improve? Not really because he was supposed to be the best player

Winslow- Utah, Minni, Orlando - Winslow fits anywhere but I think his best fit is a young core not necessarily looking for a #1 scoring option

Any good or bad fits you see w some top prospects? Or even post lottery prospects that fit specific good teams?

Tolerant Liberals

Default Re: Best fits for the 2015 Draft Prospects

Minnesota will be a nice young team to watch if they draft okafor. He would pair along nicely with Gorgui, who is a shotblocker and complements Okafor well

Quote Originally Posted by ISHGoat
    Minnesota will be a nice young team to watch if they draft okafor. He would pair along nicely with Gorgui, who is a shotblocker and complements Okafor well
    I agree. If you were Minnesota would you trade from pick 3,4 or 5 to 1 or 2 to get him if you had to give up Lavine or pekovic or both?

KAT on Knicks, Wolves or Lakers. Great fit for the triangle in NY as he can play both big men roles in the offense.

Wolves would be good for the future along with Rubio, Lavine, Wiggins and Dieng.

I'm not 100% sold on Frank Kaminsky as an NBA player but his skillset would really fit in Atlanta.

WCS - Kings

We HAVE to get him

Banned

WCS with Boston

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin
    WCS - Kings

We HAVE to get him
    Rank towns, okafor, and wcs just for the kings

Towns, WCS, Okafor

I mean Towns would be something else playing with DMC... Got a twin towers thing going on there. Towns has shown he can hit the outside shot, he often plays the 4 when him and WCS are in the game... Depending on the matchups, it will alleviate some of the heat off of Boogie so that he doesn't get fouled out so often... Two big skilled guys like that together is a once a decade sort of thing

WCS is the most realistic scenario, I see him thriving under George Karl, like a 7 foot faried, except great defense. He still has questions about his offensive game but playing with a guy like Demarcus, who operates a lot out of the high post, you have a lot of options... And WCS has shown that range from time to time, so it's safe to say he might be able to be effective with it

Not a fan of the Okafor for the Kings... You need a weakside shot blocker/rim protector for him to work successfully... Demarcus is an underrated defender but he's not that type of defender... Who knows but Kings need defense, we lack shot blocking, JT has been a great post defender but he has bad hands and isn't above the rim type of defender.

I'm hoping we strike gold and get a pick from like 1-4...

Quote Originally Posted by RightTwoCensor
    WCS with Boston
    All the guys if they hit their ceilings could obviously fit any team. Esp wcs or Winslow types.

I'm curious as to why Boston would be a great fit for his development. Or do you just think he is undervalued?

Yes I think Boston could use him and he would be a good fir for them. The reason I don't think boston would be the best place for his development is that they may need too much from him. They don't have real primary options up front. Will he or his teammates feel the need to attempt to play outside his game?

Maybe pushing him to expand his game immediately would be better for him, I just think he could improve faster being able to play a role he fits better right away as he would w ny, sac, or Denver.

I like wcs playing on a team w vets and okafor towns on younger teams

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by el gringos
    All the guys if they hit their ceilings could obviously fit any team. Esp wcs or Winslow types.

I'm curious as to why Boston would be a great fit for his development. Or do you just think he is undervalued?

Yes I think Boston could use him and he would be a good fir for them. The reason I don't think boston would be the best place for his development is that they may need too much from him. They don't have real primary options up front. Will he or his teammates feel the need to attempt to play outside his game?

Maybe pushing him to expand his game immediately would be better for him, I just think he could improve faster being able to play a role he fits better right away as he would w ny, sac, or Denver.

I like wcs playing on a team w vets and okafor towns on younger teams
    Boston has a better coach for player development as well as a need for a center.

They can probably trade up with their pick plus one of Brooklyn's picks to get in better position to take WCS.