Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Off Season Moves.

Quote Originally Posted by jailer
    I said q-rich because of the fact that he has a bad contract. NY would be more inclined to trade lee if they can drop a bad contract. I dont think they would trade wilson because he was their first round pick last year. They might but I highly doubt it.
    I know but still the deal was fair, IMO. All are basically unproven players.
    Anyway, it seems NY will get Duhon in the free agency, so it is less likely they will ask us about Lowry.

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

hello guys.. here i am again your friendly neighbor :) just want to let you know about this news

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...s/07/01/gasol/

Marc Gasol, the younger brother of Lakers center Pau Gasol, has agreed to a three-year deal worth $10 million, according to a league source. The contract has yet to be signed, but was said to be near completion.

Gasol, 23, is considered one of the top players in Europe. Last year the 7-foot-1 center was named MVP of the Spanish League after averaging 16.2 points and 8.3 rebounds per game for Akasvayu Girona. He could join with 7-foot Darko Milicic to give the Grizzlies one of the taller frontcourts in the NBA.
    congrats

Quote Originally Posted by veilside23
    hello guys.. here i am again your friendly neighbor :) just want to let you know about this news

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...s/07/01/gasol/

congrats
    Yeah that was reported in mem a week ago. I think the deal is only 9 million but it might be ten. Its not official until he signs. Which I THINK can happen on the 11th.

Oh yeah also walker and jaric and probably buckner all came in today for their physicals. Maybe they will hold a press confrence. If not then that will be an indication if these players will be traded or not,

I am Chris Wilcox

Oh yeah also walker and jaric and probably buckner all came in today for their physicals. Maybe they will hold a press confrence. If not then that will be an indication if these players will be traded or not,
    Do they usually hold press conferences for the 'average joe' player when he gets traded?

they do sometimes. Like marcus banks got one. when he went phx and millic did last year here in mem.

I am Chris Wilcox

If they do get one, hopefully 'Toine busts out a shimmy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
    If they do get one, hopefully 'Toine busts out a shimmy.

I mean if all of these guys come here. I really like our odds. Im not saying playoffs. Im just saying that all of the guys coming in are better then the ones leaving. With exception of miller. But we got deeper through this trade. We got worst contracts in return. But we have the money so it dosent hurt that bad. Plus we now have more oom for trades. The grizz could easily win 30 games this year. Maybe 35 if they gel right. Then next season we get another good pick and a good free agent. And I think were right there in the playoff hunt.

I mean if all of these guys come here. I really like our odds. Im not saying playoffs. Im just saying that all of the guys coming in are better then the ones leaving. With exception of miller. But we got deeper through this trade. We got worst contracts in return. But we have the money so it dosent hurt that bad. Plus we now have more oom for trades. The grizz could easily win 30 games this year. Maybe 35 if they gel right. Then next season we get another good pick and a good free agent. And I think were right there in the playoff hunt.
    That could be the path having a good coach. Let's see what iavaroni can do. I don't expect even 30 wins, because i don't want to be disappointed again. Last year we had a team that could have win 35 with a good coach and look to what happened.

I am Chris Wilcox

I don't think 30 wins is out of the question. Especially with the current roster, maybe if some trades are made then the chances of getting 30 wins will be even better.

Though I do think that the first few weeks of the season will be a bit rough as the team finds their strenghts and weaknesses as playing as team against the better teams of the league.

True im just trying to think positive. We will get our first look at the new guys next week. The summer league starts on monday I think.

I am Chris Wilcox

True im just trying to think positive. We will get our first look at the new guys next week. The summer league starts on monday I think.
    I'm definitly looking forward to the summer league.

Quote Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
    I'm definitly looking forward to the summer league.
    yeap

Its kinda not fair we might have three of our five starters out there. Conley, Mayo, maybe Gay, Arthur, and maybe Gasol. That would be cool to see. I want them to get on the court together as soon as possible.