Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: 2004 Pistons Revealed as Classic Team for NBA 2K16

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
    wtf, why do they have the 08 Rockets?
    I think because of the 22 game win streak they had.

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime2001
    I think because of the 22 game win streak they had.
    Now that I think about it, I believe it has more to do with Yao still being apart of the team. Trying to attract the Chinese market I guess, because why else would they pick this team over one of the run n gun Suns of the mid 00's?

Local High School Star

Now that I think about it, I believe it has more to do with Yao still being apart of the team. Trying to attract the Chinese market I guess, because why else would they pick this team over one of the run n gun Suns of the mid 00's?
    They haven't picked the Rockets over them, they still have a few teams to announce, I'm expecting one of those Suns teams and 06 Heat

NBA Superstar

Yeah, I think the Yao and Tracy McGrady combo is what they were going for there. They have a little bit of history in 2K as being an unstoppable force (they never quite figured out how to limit the power of a guy who stood 7'6'' in the game). One would think they'd have gone at least one year earlier, when Yao actually finished out the season, but maybe it was easiest to build the '08 team with the players available.

And as Kemba said, there's still five more teams that have not yet been revealed, so the Rockets haven't been picked over the Suns yet, per se. With all the new clubs seemingly coming from the 2000's, and knowing Nash is in the game with the '03 Mavericks, it appears as though a mid-00's Suns team could have a good chance of making the cut, assuming all the necessary rights could be secured.

04 Pistons were beast such fun team to watch.

**** the Pistons forever. That team ruined basketball for me for many years. So glad they were wrecked for the next 12 years after that.

Why yes, I'm a Laker fan, why do you ask?

/have no hate for the current Pistons
    //actually like Brandon Jennings.
    ///hope they make the playoffs! Time heals all wounds.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    **** the Pistons forever. That team ruined basketball for me for many years. So glad they were wrecked for the next 12 years after that.

Why yes, I'm a Laker fan, why do you ask?

/have no hate for the current Pistons
    //actually like Brandon Jennings.
    ///hope they make the playoffs! Time heals all wounds.

It is kinda interesting how their prominence basically started with an epic Kobe chokejob, and ended with a steamrolling at the hands of Lebron

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    It is kinda interesting how their prominence basically started with an epic Kobe chokejob, and ended with a steamrolling at the hands of Lebron
    Their prominence ended after Wade steamrolled them in 2006 and Ben Wallace was gone that Summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade's Rings
    Their prominence ended after Wade steamrolled them in 2006 and Ben Wallace was gone that Summer.
    Pistons made the Eastern Conference Finals in 2007 and 2008 while Wade kept being prominent.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe_6/8
    Pistons made the Eastern Conference Finals in 2007 and 2008 while Wade kept being prominent.
    Yeah, I kind of thought the Pistons should have made the Finals in 2007; they blew a 2-0 conference finals lead to that Cavaliers team. But then again, LeBron James did some LeBron James things and stuff happened, so shoulda, coulda, woulda.

I thought the official end of their reign came a year later against Boston, back in the conference finals. Detroit stretched the series to six but I never quite had the feeling they could emerge victorious. Those super Celtics were just better, and I think the aging Pistons had grown content, particularly with a ring already to their names.

3-time NBA All-Star

Seems like all the new teams are from the 2000s. I'm guessing that they don't have the rights to guys like Barkley, Miller, or Webber or else those guys teams would be in it. My guess on the remaining 5:

05 Suns
    05 Spurs
    06 Heat
    09 Lakers
    12 Heat

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    Their prominence started with a salary dump trade for Rasheed Wallace (who was already salary dump traded to the Hawks earlier that year) and ended with, as has been stated upthread, Wade and/or the Celtics.

Nice try at trolling though starface.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe_6/8
    I thought they should've made the Finals in 2007 but in 2008 they didn't stand a chance IMO to the Celtics. However losing Big Ben was huge.

04 Pistons vs 08 Celtics.

NBA Superstar

On a related classic Pistons note, the Jordan Rules will be in 2K16, amongst other old school adjustments (some highlights):

Jordan RULES – Yes, the infamous “Jordan Rules” are in the game. The entire progression on how they disrupted Jordan’s rhythm in the late 80’s is here. From where they forced him when he had the ball, to the change from Dumars to Rodman depending on success.

Scottie Pippen matching up with Magic Johnson- As you know this was the adjustment that changed the entire 91’ series.

Gary Payton on MJ in 96’ Finals.

Celtics adjustments to the Showtime Lakers.
    http://www.operationsports.com/featu...tt-ogallagher/