Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    National High School Star

Default Most real thing I've read about Kobe

Let's have a talk about Kobe Bryant. Because everybody seems to have turned on the Mamba. People are saying he should retire, that it pains them to see him like this, some people even had the audacity to suggest sending him to the D-League.

But that's the problem with today's fans. They never watched Michael Jordan have 6 and 8 point games in his last season with the Wizards. They never watched Larry Bird literally struggle to stand as he ended his career with the Celtics. They don't remember Bob Cousy bringing the entire Garden to tears as he was on his last legs, infamously known as the Boston Tear Party.

It's a part of the struggle. Modern fans who started watching in 2010 have no concept of what a player with that many miles looks like. ****ing enjoy Kobe, even if he isn't playing great right now. This is the end of the road.

"[Kobe's] cursed as much as I am. He can

Decent playground baller

Default Re: Most real thing I've read about Kobe

Quote Originally Posted by sundizz
    But that's the problem with today's fans. They never watched Michael Jordan have 6 and 8 point games in his last season with the Wizards.
    They also never watched Jordan go 1 for 14.

NBA Legend

Meltdown.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Town's Town
    They also never watched Jordan go 1 for 14.

jordan never played in a 20th season after achilles surgery

kobes body as of this very moment probably has less verticality than 55 year old jordan

Kobe has mind-raped these haters for 20 years. I remember the first haters: "Kobe will NEVER WIN WITHOUT SHAQ!"

Let them have this small "victory", they have been abused after all

Kobe is literally the worst rotation player in the league. No other great in the history of sports has EVER had that distinction. When you are as arrogant as he is (along with being the nba's highest paid player) and you play as horribly as he has you are going to be criticized. His fan boys need to get over it and stop begging everyone else to love him. It's pathetic to be honest

Well said OP..

Quote Originally Posted by JT123
    Kobe is literally the worst rotation player in the league. No other great in the history of sports has EVER had that distinction. When you are as arrogant as he is (along with being the nba's highest paid player) and you play as horribly as he has you are going to be criticized. His fan boys need to get over it and stop begging everyone else to love him. It's pathetic to be honest
    It's literally astonishing watching how bad he is. The word bad doesn't even begin to describe the train wreck that is hurting our eyes out there. He's abysmal. 30%fg that makes even die hard laker fans want to puke. It's downright repulsive.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Feeny
    It's literally astonishing watching how bad he is. The word bad doesn't even begin to describe the train wreck that is hurting our eyes out there. He's abysmal. 30%fg that makes even die hard laker fans want to puke. It's downright repulsive.
    We've seen great players struggle at the end of their careers, but Kobe is in a class all by himself. And those saying that what he's doing this season doesn't taint his legacy are dead wrong. EVERYTHING a player does in their career counts towards their legacy, not just the good things. I don't think there will ever be an all time great athlete that goes out with as little grace as Kobe is going out with. I like to joke about him on here, but the truth is he's a downright embarrassment to the league at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by JT123
    We've seen great players struggle at the end of their careers, but Kobe is in a class all by himself. And those saying that what he's doing this season doesn't taint his legacy are dead wrong. EVERYTHING a player does in their career counts towards their legacy, not just the good things. I don't think there will ever be an all time great athlete that goes out with as little grace as Kobe is going out with. I like to joke about him on here, but the truth is he's a downright embarrassment to the league at this point.
    His career numbers are plummeting too. He'll be at less than 45%fg before the end of next week. By the end of the season, his 3p fg% will be less than 33% as well.
    Not sure why he wants to ruin his legacy.

Kobe hurts his team so much when he's on the floor, it's hilarious. You shouldn't even compare him to Wizards Jordan, who had multiple 40+ games in his last season. Is Kobe even better than Orlando Ewing or Toronto Olajuwon?

If he is the competitor they claim, why can't he accept a smaller role to let others shine? Why did he drive D12 out of town, nevermind Shaq, why can't the L-akers attract any good free agents?

He's setting the whole organisation years back, all while being paid most in the League...

National High School Star

It seems like the retirement age is 34/35 for shooting guards. Kobe should of retired when that achilles tore.

Since then he's played 6 games, 35 games, and is now 12 games in. There is no reason he should be out there, but as fans it is very silly to judge him on this.

Let's compare:

Kobe Bryant (last full season): Age 34, 78 games
    27.3 ppg, 5.6 rpg, 6.0 apg, 1.4 spg on 46%, 32%, 84%

Dwyane Wade (current season): Age 34, 14 games so far
    17.1 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 4.4 apg, 1.1 spg on 41%, 29%, 81%

Clyde Drexler (2nd to last season): Age 34, 62 games
    18.4 ppg, 4.9 rpg, 5.5 apg, 1.8 spg on 43%, 32%, 80%

Vince Carter (still playing): Age 34, 51 games with Phoenix
    13.5 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 1.6 apg, .9 spg on 42%, 37%, 74%

Allen Iverson (last season): Age 34, 24 games
    13.9 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 4.1 apg, .7 spg on 43%, 33%, 82%

I rule the local playground

Yes, basketball-wise, he should've retired at 34.

But while Kobe's may be out of his basketball-prime, he's still in his money-making prime until his current contract ends.

So, fans need to realize that for a basketball player, playing basketball is just a means to an end, and as long as that goal is achieved, they'll continue hobbling around.

Hell, who wouldn't show up at work to collect a 24 million dollar paycheck?

Quote Originally Posted by brain drain
    Yes, basketball-wise, he should've retired at 34.

But while Kobe's may be out of his basketball-prime, he's still in his money-making prime until his current contract ends.

So, fans need to realize that for a basketball player, playing basketball is just a means to an end, and as long as that goal is achieved, they'll continue hobbling around.

Hell, who wouldn't show up at work to collect a 24 million dollar paycheck?
    That's fine. If he's after the money then that's his business. But he's humiliating himself our there and wrecking his legacy at every turn. He's considered a joke.