Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Default The ABSOLUTE TRUTH about D'Angelo Russell...

I'm a Kobe fan, not a Lakers fan.

However, and I can assure you that my basketball IQ is very high, I see a great career for Russell.

1. Russell is a great shooter. Even if his percentages aren't great right now, you can just see that he can shoot. Squares his body, elbow straight, etc.

2. He knows how to get wide open in the pick and roll game, usually from about 15-17 feet. He understands the mid-range game incredibly well for a 19 year old.

3. He has a great change of pace. He's not super fast or athletic, but like Nash, he understands how continually changing his pace can make up for that.

4. We all know he has court vision and he can pass.

5. Great rebounding from the PG spot.

He's only 19. 10, 4.4, and 3 assists on 40%, 33%, and 73% from a 19 year old rookie on a storied franchise is ahead of schedule.

He'll be a multiple time all-star.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Default Re: The ABSOLUTE TRUTH about D'Angelo Russell...

he's right you know

Yeah true but its more fun to make fun of the pretty boy

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
    He's only 19. 10, 4.4, and 3 assists on 40%, 33%, and 73% from a 19 year old rookie on a storied franchise is ahead of schedule.

He'll be a multiple time all-star.
    Okafor is the same age and putting up better numbers but laker fans bash him because everyone thinks Lakers made a mistake passing on him.
    Russell has a ton of potential but until he shows me something ima view him as evan turner2.0

Decent playground baller

Speaking of... did anybody see Russell's pass to nobody today? I'd love to see a youtube clip of it.

People who don't watch Laker games fail to see 3 things that are getting in the way of him have good numbers:
    - The offensive playbook is terrible. Normally the offense goes that way: DLO brings up and gives the ball to the center at the top of the key then someone gets out of a pin down to get it and then the clock is at 5 and someone hoists a shot.
    -His teammates don't complement his game. Between chukers, guys who hold the ball too much and guys who aren't shooters or rollers, you can see that this team doesn't complement his skills.
    - The spacing sucks. Having 2 not shooting bigs all the time clogs the lanes and makes Russell unable to penetrate. Unfortunately there's nothing Lakers can do now about it, it's just a matter of personnel issues.

Today, he had a little more freedom offensively and used Bass on the pick and pop. He made a great pass to a wide open 3 for Nick who missed the shot. Lakers should use more of a pick and roll game (with both Clarkson and Russell) and give them freedom to operate.

Quote Originally Posted by AI09
    Okafor is the same age and putting up better numbers but laker fans bash him because everyone thinks Lakers made a mistake passing on him.
    Russell has a ton of potential but until he shows me something ima view him as evan turner2.0
    Maybe watch a game? He's show plenty the past couple weeks. Not everyone can play for the scrub ass Sixers and get forcefed the ball to put up numbers like Okafor. Russell plays for a garbage coach that hates him, on a team filled with dumb chuckers. People just rip on him because he plays for the Lakers but he's shown clear offensive talent the past couple weeks.

seems like every recent all star guard put up good stats as a rookie.

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    Maybe watch a game? He's show plenty the past couple weeks. Not everyone can play for the scrub ass Sixers and get forcefed the ball to put up numbers like Okafor. Russell plays for a garbage coach that hates him, on a team filled with dumb chuckers. People just rip on him because he plays for the Lakers but he's shown clear offensive talent the past couple weeks.

He's actually shown more than offensive talent. It appears he's finally starting to adjust to the pace of NBA games a bit more. Now I'm not saying he's figured it all out but the kid plays overall in a way where hes usually within the flow of the game. He's going to be a great PG.

Okafor is what he was scouted as. Two vastly different players. I think maybe the Lakers did make the right choice. And believe me I didn't feel that way a month ago.

Basketball Genius

he's better than me at least

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    I've been watching and like I said the kids got potential doesnt mean he is going to live up to it but he has improved since game 1 but he still reminds me of evan turner. As for okafor no matter what team he plays for that double team is coming, I bet if Russell was on the sixers he wouldn't match what MCW did in philly. Also yeah the sixers suck but the FO is planning on tanking what's the Bucks excuse? Last season was a fluke you went out and spent money on Middleton and Monroe still struggling in the east... I'll see your bitchass in the lottery only we will have a higher pick more money and no long term commitment.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AI09
    I've been watching and like I said the kids got potential doesnt mean he is going to live up to it but he has improved since game 1 but he still reminds me of evan turner. As for okafor no matter what team he plays for that double team is coming, I bet if Russell was on the sixers he wouldn't match what MCW did in philly. Also yeah the sixers suck but the FO is planning on tanking what's the Bucks excuse? Last season was a fluke you went out and spent money on Middleton and Monroe still struggling in the east... I'll see your bitchass in the lottery only we will have a higher pick more money and no long term commitment.
    Okafor is a dumb weak rebounding no defense playing iso scorer, basically Eddy Curry 2. In the modern NBA or at least where the league is trending basically he's a non starter as far as the center position of a contender is concerned. Russell is gonna be a 6ft5 chris paul, this is not even a discussion

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    Okafor is a dumb weak rebounding no defense playing iso scorer, basically Eddy Curry 2. In the modern NBA or at least where the league is trending basically he's a non starter as far as the center position of a contender is concerned. Russell is gonna be a 6ft5 chris paul, this is not even a discussion
    You see Russell as the next cp3 I see him as another evan turner
    Okafors team defense has been weak but he still manages to block 2 shots a game and his rebounding is a lot better now than it was game 1 he's avg over 8 a game. It's funny man Russell hasn't been playing that great and it shows in the box score and in the win loss column.He has picked it up lately but If he scores 16 points one night all these laker fans call him the future cp3 lmao imagine he was avg okafor type numbers these laker homos would be calling him the next MJ. Lemme know when he sees a double team.

Once he removes the plumb from his soles he'll be great

yeah, he will probably be good.