Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Default Re: People need to calm down on the Raptors.

Quote Originally Posted by kamil
    Yeah, that wins to losses ratio they've got right now is just a mirage.. it aint real, right?

Dumbest fvcking comment ive ever heard... 'pretenders' LOL, wtf?
    They're not good enough to win a title and everyone knows it.

Regular season success is nothing to scoff at, though. A lot of teams can't even experience that. Good for the Raps and their fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Connor B
    First of all, the whole "Raptors are disrespected" thing is completely false.
    Please know that you're wrong;

- Best franchise record to date in the teams HISTORY
    - only canadian team
    - 1st place in the Eastern conference
    - significantly better record than LeBrons* colluding efforts
    - way more impressive than the Toronto Maple Leafs (Toronto relevant only)

And yet... nobody talks about them but rather have idiots saying theyre 'pretenders' ?? The fvck does that mean? Try hearing about the Raptors IN Toronto... they still get little to no coverage because the fvcking shitty Toronto Maple Leafs are still deemed more relevant, despite being garbage.

The disrespect IS real... but since you bring up the playoffs, this is irrelevant as were still in the regular season.

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
    They're not good enough to win a title and everyone knows it.

Regular season success is nothing to scoff at, though. A lot of teams can't even experience that. Good for the Raps and their fans.
    I really want that crystal ball you've got. Until the finals are over, nobody is in any position to make any call of who will or will not win it all.

Remember 2011?

Quote Originally Posted by Undisputed
    This logic is crap. Regular season series mean nothing at all in the play offs.
    That's a sound opinion to have, no doubt. Regular season success against teams doesn't necessarily translate into playoff victories/series against the same teams.

So I ask you, as I asked bizil, what are the reasons to have the Hawks and Wizards over the Raptors in a playoff series ? That's is off course if you have them over the Raptors.

Quote Originally Posted by kamil
    Please know that you're wrong;

- Best franchise record to date in the teams HISTORY
    - only canadian team
    - 1st place in the Eastern conference
    - significantly better record than LeBrons* colluding efforts
    - way more impressive than the Toronto Maple Leafs (Toronto relevant only)

And yet... nobody talks about them but rather have idiots saying theyre 'pretenders' ?? The fvck does that mean? Try hearing about the Raptors IN Toronto... they still get little to no coverage because the fvcking shitty Toronto Maple Leafs are still deemed more relevant, despite being garbage.

The disrespect IS real... but since you bring up the playoffs, this is irrelevant as were still in the regular season.
    Damn, Kamil with the real talk.

I actually haven't brought up the Leafs because nobody outside of Toronto would understand that there is pretty noticeable division between the fanbases and media.

Ryan Wolstat, who covers the Sun, during off season tweeted this:

"I've gotten pretty nasty e-mails sent to me. One goes as far as to say "Real Canadians vs Raptors fans.""

It definitely goes beyond sports here. It's pretty sad when I heard about that tweet too.

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    That's a sound opinion to have, no doubt. Regular season success against teams doesn't necessarily translate into playoff victories/series against the same teams.

So I ask you, as I asked bizil, what are the reasons to have the Hawks and Wizards over the Raptors in a playoff series ? That's is off course if you have them over the Raptors.
    I think the Raptors can take out the Hawks, but I can not see them beating the Wizards. Strong vet presense, well coached, and most importantly, they would have the best player in the series in John Wall. Not saying it is a lock that the Raps lose in a series with the Wizards, because anything could happen. The Raptors are surprising this season.
    Last edited by Undisputed; 12-30-2014 at 02:00 AM.

I think the Raptors can take out the Hawks, but I can not see them beating the Wizards. Strong vet presense, well coached, and most importantly, they would have the best player in the series in John Wall. Not saying it is a lock that the Raps lose in a series with the Wizards, because anything could happen. The Raptors are surprising this season.
    That's fine, I have it differently from you but it's not a wrong opinion to have either.

I do think your Bulls look like the favourite to come out of the East if healthy. Then it's the Raptors > Hawks > Wizards (all same tier, though). Cavaliers, I guess I'm underrating them at the moment because they still have LeBron James who can go off in the playoffs... but I don't think they are going anywhere deep without any rim protection.

That's fine, I have it differently from you but it's not a wrong opinion to have either.

I do think your Bulls look like the favourite to come out of the East if healthy. Then it's the Raptors > Hawks > Wizards (all same tier, though). Cavaliers, I guess I'm underrating them at the moment because they still have LeBron James who can go off in the playoffs... but I don't think they are going anywhere deep without any rim protection.
    The way the Cavs are playing, underrating them is warranted. Unfortunately, I put no stock in the Bulls staying healthy. Hoping for the best, but expecting otherwise has let me down too many times with certain players on the roster. When it comes to the Raps, Hawks, and Wizards, its tough trying to decide who is better. The John Wall factor is the only reason I comfortably put the Wizards over both. But if one of those teams figures out how to contain him and Beal in the playoffs, its over for the Wizards. They can't beat you in many different ways.
    Last edited by Undisputed; 12-30-2014 at 02:24 AM.

The way the Cavs are playing, underrating them is warranted. Unfortunately, I put no stock in the Bulls staying healthy. Hoping for the best, but expecting otherwise has let me down too many times with certain players on the roster. When it comes to the Raps, Hawks, and Wizards, its tough trying to decide who is better. The John Wall factor is the only reason I comfortably put the Wizards over both. But if one of those teams figures out how to contain him in the playoffs, its over for the Wizards. They can't beat you in many different ways.
    Thing is... I don't think there's anything that really separates Wall and Lowry. They are on the same level. Only homers would say otherwise or people just don't watch enough of Lowry. You can more than make the case that Lowry has outproduced Wall this year and he's doing it without DeMar DeRozan. They have the best record in the conference for quiet some time now and nobody else in the East has taken over.

And during the Raptors meeting with the Wizards, they have contained either Wall or Beal pretty well. It's usually Beal they contain well. The Wizards haven't really effectively contained either Lowry or DeRozan. It comes down to what each front court does.

Damn, Kamil with the real talk.

I actually haven't brought up the Leafs because nobody outside of Toronto would understand that there is pretty noticeable division between the fanbases and media.

Ryan Wolstat, who covers the Sun, during off season tweeted this:

"I've gotten pretty nasty e-mails sent to me. One goes as far as to say "Real Canadians vs Raptors fans.""

It definitely goes beyond sports here. It's pretty sad when I heard about that tweet too.
    That's extremely disheartening and quite frankly pathetic on all accounts. It's always sad when you see a social divide spill into the sports realm.

And in regards to Kamil's comments, I can't disagree with much of what you said because all of our media outlets drool buckets over the Leafs let alone the city in general. The Raptors are a formidable team in the East yet they still aren't fully respected in their own hometown. If I recall correctly, not one of our pre-season games were aired on television (maybe with the exception of one). Meanwhile Sportsnet has no problem airing the Leafs fricken rookie tournament in Kingston on multiple channels.

With that said, we have to acknowledge the sizable strides that we've made over the past few years. We have a legit fan base that grows in droves by the hour. I had friends watching the playoffs last year in excitement who hadn't followed the team since the Vince era. Beyond the fickle causal fans, we're attracting dedicated ones who will still be there if we plunge (heaven forbid)