WayOfWade
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Game Thread, Jazz vs. Pelicans 11/28/15

I doubt many people are watching this, but I think it'll be an entertaining matchup. Favors is out for the Jazz so that's huge for the Pelicans, and the Jazz are finally wearing their green jerseys, something I've been waiting for

WayOfWade

Default Re: Game Thread, Jazz vs. Pelicans 11/28/15

Rodney Hood is playing really good, hope the Jazz won't have to choose between him and Burks in the future

Local High School Star CakeorDeath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WayOfWade
    Rodney Hood is playing really good, hope the Jazz won't have to choose between him and Burks in the future
    I don't think they will, but if they do, the choice wouldn't be hard. Alec is a great slasher and finisher at the rim, but his jumper is crazy inconsistent. Hood is arguably already a better player in his second year in the league. His all around game is just so complete and smooth, and experience will make him even more consistent.

WayOfWade

Quote Originally Posted by CakeorDeath
    I don't think they will, but if they do, the choice wouldn't be hard. Alec is a great slasher and finisher at the rim, but his jumper is crazy inconsistent. Hood is arguably already a better player in his second year in the league. His all around game is just so complete and smooth, and experience will make him even more consistent.
    Yeah, but if they can just do what they're doing now starting Hood and having Burks come in as 6th man, this team will be uber deadly for a long time, that's assuming they keep everyone (i.e. Gobert, Favors, Hayward, Exum) and don't let either go which I sadly doubt, the Jazz aren't really a big spending organization. With the new Cap though, it's possible

Anthony Davis: 6/9
    Rest of team: 3/23

WayOfWade

I'm
    Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck

Watching this game, all the Pelicans are doing is trying to feed Davis, and when that doesn't work they just out up whatever shot they can get out of desperation. That isn't really a set offense and the score shows. There's still time though for them to turn it around

Local High School Star CakeorDeath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WayOfWade
    Yeah, but if they can just do what they're doing now starting Hood and having Burks come in as 6th man, this team will be uber deadly for a long time, that's assuming they keep everyone (i.e. Gobert, Favors, Hayward, Exum) and don't let either go which I sadly doubt, the Jazz aren't really a big spending organization. With the new Cap though, it's possible
    I think the plan is to keep everyone, which is why they didn't really sign anyone this summer even with the cap expansion looming. I think they see the core as Gobert, Favors, Hayward, Burks, Hood, and Exum.

However, if that core underachieves this year, they may choose to shake things up a bit this summer. But I doubt it will come from free agency. Any significant changes to the roster will come via trade, and I think Burks might be the most vulnerable of the core. Valuable enough to bring good value in return, but not too valuable to be untradeable, in large part because Hood has been so good.

WayOfWade

I think the plan is to keep everyone, which is why they didn't really sign anyone this summer even with the cap expansion looming. I think they see the core as Gobert, Favors, Hayward, Burks, Hood, and Exum.

However, if that core underachieves this year, they may choose to shake things up a bit this summer. But I doubt it will come from free agency. Any significant changes to the roster will come via trade, and I think Burks might be the most vulnerable of the core. Valuable enough to bring good value in return, but not too valuable to be untradeable, in large part because Hood has been so good.
    True, it's almost like the Chalmers - Johnsom situation in Miami; one player made expendable by the other

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck

WayOfWade

Did I just see Stockton and Malone?!

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

They're both arguably better than Hayward. Hood is only a year younger than Burks. They will certainly have some decisions to make with their roster in a couple of years. Can't pay everyone.

I think they see the core as Gobert, Favors, Hayward, Burks, Hood, and Exum.
    Exum has a lot to prove especially coming off his injury. Lyles is in that group. The fact that they are playing him though Withey is obviously the better player right now tells us that. Neto and Burke are right now too. No reason they can't play all 3 point guards since Burke isn't really a pg and Exum can(or could anyway) guard wings. Believe they have two firsts again this year. Things can change in a hurry. Who thought that the one untouchable player would be Gobert a year ago?

If Hayward doesn't pick it up he might be most vulnerable.