Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Default My Experience At a Hawks Game in Atlanta (vs Bucks)

It was kind of sad. Way too many empty seats, and the crowd was very quiet. To be fair, it was against the Bucks the day after Christmas so the draw was poor, but when a team is playing well for the season, it shouldn't matter who the opponent is to fill the arena. Also to be fair, they got stomped by the Bucks (lost by 30), which probably sucked the wind out of the crowd. Hawks do have a small fan base in 1 section that really did give it their all (about 20 feet from me). About 4 or 5 rows of hardcore fans who started chants, stood the entire game, and went nuts in general. Really the place to get season tickets if you are a hardcore Hawks fan that can afford them. Unfortunately, nobody outside of that section joined in, which was sad. I understand if there are people that don't want to get it started, but once it is started, it should be easy to join in, and nobody else in the arena seemed to have any passion, even before the game was out of hand. They clearly land as last of the 5 home team fans I have watched in person (1. Blazers 2. Lakers 3. Clippers 4. Suns 5. Hawks).

Default Re: My Experience At a Hawks Game in Atlanta (vs Bucks)

It's disgusting, tbh.

This isn't the Sixers or last year's Bucks where there was no incentive to watch. At worst the Hawks are a top 10 team in the league, and they play an exciting brand of basketball (much like the Spurs).

The year they miss the Playoffs the NBA should consider folding them. Their fans are that pathetic.

Move them to Seattle.

The NBA crowd in regular season games in general sucks.

Empty seats for a really good team are sad doe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcvAOpnnMK0#t=4m16s

Quote Originally Posted by StephHamann
    The NBA crowd in regular season games in general sucks.

Empty seats for a really good team are sad doe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcvAOpnnMK0#t=4m16s
    Ever been to a Raps game? Whether it's a Wednesday or Saturday evening, the place is usually jumping.

Banned

The hawks players should buy out a section and give the tickets away like Bogut used to do on the bucks, he used to do auditions to find the best fans and give them tickets to his section to get the crowd going. Are tickets priced too high in Atlanta or is it just the city doesn't care?

National High School Star beastee's Avatar

I was at this same game. I disagree about a lot of empty seats. The entire upper deck and most of the upper lowers were full. The game was actually a sell out. The empty seats were the expensive season ticket section that clearly were not full because it was the day after christmas, and I doubt many of those wealthy people were in the ATL for the holidays - but those are paid for seats. I do agree that the wind was out of their sails, but what do you expect when you are getting stomped by the bucks?
    That loud cheering section used to be georgia tech students who got those seats for almost nothing. Not sure if they charge more now since they are getting slightly more popular. But I agree that the fanbase as a whole is not very loud at games. It is a see and be seen place for dudes to bring their slutty dime pieces before they go out to the clubs. Most games clear out half way through the 4th for that very reason. But, I must say it will get better if they stay this good as a team.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    The hawks players should buy out a section and give the tickets away like Bogut used to do on the bucks, he used to do auditions to find the best fans and give them tickets to his section to get the crowd going. Are tickets priced too high in Atlanta or is it just the city doesn't care?

Nah man I used to live there, you can get good seats at a Hawks game for like 7 bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    It was kind of sad. Way too many empty seats, and the crowd was very quiet. To be fair, it was against the Bucks the day after Christmas so the draw was poor, but when a team is playing well for the season, it shouldn't matter who the opponent is to fill the arena. Also to be fair, they got stomped by the Bucks (lost by 30), which probably sucked the wind out of the crowd. Hawks do have a small fan base in 1 section that really did give it their all (about 20 feet from me). About 4 or 5 rows of hardcore fans who started chants, stood the entire game, and went nuts in general. Really the place to get season tickets if you are a hardcore Hawks fan that can afford them. Unfortunately, nobody outside of that section joined in, which was sad. I understand if there are people that don't want to get it started, but once it is started, it should be easy to join in, and nobody else in the arena seemed to have any passion, even before the game was out of hand. They clearly land as last of the 5 home team fans I have watched in person (1. Blazers 2. Lakers 3. Clippers 4. Suns 5. Hawks).
    Try to use paragraphs bro, nobody wants to read the illegible block of text you just typed out.

Also that section of hardcore Hawks fans is pretty funny. They're not GT students, they're Hawks-funded 'superfans' who have to fill out a pretty rigorous application to get those (free) tickets. They have to remain standing all game and have a lyric sheet of chants that they cheer at different parts of the game.

It's really not a bad idea for a team that doesn't have much of a fan base.

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
    Try to use paragraphs bro, nobody wants to read the illegible block of text you just typed out.

Also that section of hardcore Hawks fans is pretty funny. They're not GT students, they're Hawks-funded 'superfans' who have to fill out a pretty rigorous application to get those (free) tickets. They have to remain standing all game and have a lyric sheet of chants that they cheer at different parts of the game.

It's really not a bad idea for a team that doesn't have much of a fan base.
    Thanks for the info about the "superfans." Btw, my "block of text" is probably the smallest I've seen on ISH to be called out.

This dude just called the Hawks a top ten team in the league

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

They were solid in the late 80s/early 90s. But when ive gone in the last 15 years or so? Boring arena to be in.

Granted...im comparing it to me going to Bulls/Hawks games when Jordan played...so it was kinda hype then. We had as many fans there as the Hawks it felt like.

Im in Atlanta often. And the seats are pretty cheap. And dude who said they start to clear out and go to the club early is right. Ive done exactly that....

Perhaps thats an issue. Out of towners going to the game for the hell of it and trying to bet the crowd leaving if it isnt a great game?

Ive left a few Hawks games early. I suppose if you didnt know im not a Hawks fan it would make them look bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    Thanks for the info about the "superfans." Btw, my "block of text" is probably the smallest I've seen on ISH to be called out.
    Heh yeah, sorry, I was back from the Falcons game and pretty drunk and salty.

All good

National High School Star beastee's Avatar

Yeah. That was a rough game. I had season tickets this year (won them) and I have never seen worse tackling in my life.