Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Was Jason Kidd ever really a DOMINANT player?

not really
    but he was damn good..... triple double machine

Quote Originally Posted by 8BeastlyXOIAD
    no way prime Kidd is quicker than current Rose
    he was, got the rebound and got to halfcourt before some defenders even turned around to run back on defense

Rose is fast, but Kidd was faster with the ball pushing to tempo

Decent playground baller I'm Seriously's Avatar

Kidd>>>>>>>>>>nash
    LOLNO.

When was the last time Nash led a team to two finals in a row?

Is it about the last time Nash played d?
    That's an idiotic reason to put Kidd over Nash.

Do you honestly believe that if Kidd faced the competition that Nash did he would have made it the finals? hell he probably doesn't even make the playoffs out West.

Nash not playing defense doesn't really have any relevance in this comparison, considering the gap in there offense is just as big as the gap in there defense, if not bigger.

Nash>Kidd rather easily.

ThaSwagg3r
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

I never really liked or was impressed by Jason Kidd. But that is just me though. His stats show you that he was a triple-double machine, but I never thought it was that impressive since his team would lose anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Crown&Coke
    yes he was a dominant player. He carried teams, that is dominating basketball.

please don't confuse today Kidd against Prime Kidd with the Suns or Nets, kid just killed it.

He was the fastest dude I had ever seen with the ball, that includes anyone today. He was faster with the ball than without it. He did it with getting to the bucket, setting up his guys, playing lockdown defense. Only think was his shot was nonexhistent, yet in a league where you can handcheck, he still got to the rim with ease.
    He absolutely was a dominant player because if you didn't game plan against him you lost.

He was a guy who raised the whole level of his team. Those Net teams look real weak without him. He also dominant all around

How many guys in the league have ever averaged at least 16ppg 6 rpg 8 apg and 2 spg ?

Three. Their names are Jason Kidd, Michael Jordan and Magic Johnson.

Jordan did it once, Kidd and Magic did it 4 times. I suspect Oscar Robertson probably did it multiple times, but they didn't keep the stats for steals back then.

you can't stop me get these NETS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KB2clutch
    we know he put up good stats and crap on the nets teams that made the finals but can we really say that he was dominant player? were other teams game planning to stop him? would he ever recieve constant double teams? I would like to say no, this is why i would put steve nash over him all time because he wasnt a dominant force like nash was on offensive, if were being completely honest here, i think point guards were happy to guard kidd cuz they didnt have to work that hard on the defensive end

do you have an older brother, uncle or pops that can educate about basketball before you make foolish posts?

Kidd is/was the BEST passer in league history...yes..the same way Carter is (truth be told) a better dunker than MJ, Kidd had even better court vision than his idol Magic Johnson, not a better player....but a better passer.

Kidd was rookie of the year

made multiple all nba 1,2 or 3...and all defense.....

lost MVP race to Duncan one year(more politics than anything)

best argument for Kidd being a dominant player is this...

Name another player who went to perennial loser and almost overnight and by himself(with no other name, star or all star players) took that team to the NBA finals 2 out of 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm Seriously
    LOLNO.

That's an idiotic reason to put Kidd over Nash.

Do you honestly believe that if Kidd faced the competition that Nash did he would have made it the finals? hell he probably doesn't even make the playoffs out West.

Nash not playing defense doesn't really have any relevance in this comparison, considering the gap in there offense is just as big as the gap in there defense, if not bigger.

Nash>Kidd rather easily.
    But defense wins championships

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    He absolutely was a dominant player because if you didn't game plan against him you lost.

He was a guy who raised the whole level of his team. Those Net teams look real weak without him. He also dominant all around

How many guys in the league have ever averaged at least 16ppg 6 rpg 8 apg and 2 spg ?

Three. Their names are Jason Kidd, Michael Jordan and Magic Johnson.

Jordan did it once, Kidd and Magic did it 4 times. I suspect Oscar Robertson probably did it multiple times, but they didn't keep the stats for steals back then.
    forgot lebron? :P

Decent college freshman

Nash may have a better overall career due to staying good longer(though it took him longer to get good too), but in their primes you take Kidd probably. Great passer, amazingly fast with the ball, pushing the tempo, great rebounder, great defender, great post up guard. The fact that he has added a 3 point ball to his game as he got older is a good credit to him as well. Nothing against Nash, but Kidd was more likely to make your team a winner IMO due to his defense.

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    2 steals.....

Quote Originally Posted by Dripac
    But defense wins championships
    If a PG's defense is so important to winning a title how the hell did the Spurs win multiple championships with Tony Parker as there PG?

And how the hell did the Lakers win multiple titles with Fisher as there PG?

What team has ever won a title where there PG was there best defender?

But teams have won titles were there PG was there best offensive player.

PG offense> PG defense.

Form a ****ing wall DetroitPiston's Avatar

Yes. People see the current Jason Kidd and don't see the hype, but if you watched him at his best, he was something else. He improved teams, as evidenced with the Nets. Dallas got better when they drafted him, Phoenix made the playoffs when Kidd played there and they were lottery bound when he left.

You take a team that has Kenyon Martin as one of your best players to the NBA finals, you're a pretty damn good player.

Nash is a good player, but he's not going to improve your team. He might make it more entertaining, but like I said, he's not going to make your team better.

Magic Johnson

Wow; I love how people see the current version and assume that's sort of what he was like in his prime. Kidd was a nightmare to defend.

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus
    Nash may have a better overall career due to staying good longer(though it took him longer to get good too), but in their primes you take Kidd probably. Great passer, amazingly fast with the ball, pushing the tempo, great rebounder, great defender, great post up guard. The fact that he has added a 3 point ball to his game as he got older is a good credit to him as well. Nothing against Nash, but Kidd was more likely to make your team a winner IMO due to his defense.
    Nash was a better passer(though this is arguable) a massively better shooter, a much better scorer, a better handle, much better at running an offense, and a much better finisher.

Nash was a far, far, far, better offensive player than Kidd, an i'd much rather have an all time great offensive player at the PG position than a great defender and rebounder at the PG position.

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Nope. That link is from the basketball reference site. I didn't forget anyone I ran a search on their database.

Lebron didn't have >= 2.0 steals.

If you lower steals to 1.5, he turns up.