Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Rubio, Lavine, Wiggins, Towns, Dieng

Rubio can't shoot and is Rondo like for the worse.

That core is ridiculous though. Towns floor is at least a guy that will score 12-14PPG and 10-11 RPG with good defense. He's going to be much better than that.

Lavine needs to be consistent with that Jumpshot and spend less time dunking footballs.

Dieng is a solid big off the bench.

I love Towns, and I love Dieng, and I think together they will be a formidable low post tandem for years and years.

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Although talented team not sure I want my best shooter being my center.

This team can't shoot 3s spacing would be horrible.

Loserville USA FireMcFailPlease's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    Some people were tweeting journalists and people who following the T'Wolves asking about Rubio. They said Rubio isn't doing anything basketball related right now. They said he wouldn't start until later in July. That in itself just tells me how Rubio is as a player. He just doesn't put in the work to fix his main weakness.
    He can't. His ankle is messed up

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by SwishSquared
    They won't be able to move him imo until he proves he can last through a season (which likely won't happen). Last offseason was time to move him.

T-Wolves are a league pass team for sure this season though. They'll be a bad team but they should be fun to watch. I want to see Bjelica come over though. Supposed to be a nice stretch 4 over in Europe.
    Pek and a protected first to the Lakers for Jordan Hill?

Same trade to the Knicks for Calderon?

In both trades, the team receiving Pek could use a bruiser down low to help them compete this upcoming year. Neither Knicks nor Lakers should be looking beyond this season as long as Kobe and Melo are on the respective teams.

Minn receives a useful, veteran backup to help guide their young players. Protected first is a steep price, but it can be a heavy protection.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Rubio can't shoot, but is a good passer and defender. Much bigger problem is his injury history, for that I would definitely look for another PG in the next couple of years.

Pek is another injury prone player, but Wolves can afford to keep him around for 2 more years and then trade him as an expirer, it's not like they are going to become contenders any time soon and need that cap space.

LaVine and Muhammed are huge unknowns right now. Both of them could break out or bust.

Two-Time Oscar MVP robert de niro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by morbius
    Rubio can't shoot, but is a good passer and defender. Much bigger problem is his injury history, for that I would definitely look for another PG in the next couple of years.

Pek is another injury prone player, but Wolves can afford to keep him around for 2 more years and then trade him as an expirer, it's not like they are going to become contenders any time soon and need that cap space.

LaVine and Muhammed are huge unknowns right now. Both of them could break out or bust.
    You mean his freak injury and ankle sprain in his one decade of pro basketball?

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Quote Originally Posted by robert de niro
    You mean his freak injury and ankle sprain in his one decade of pro basketball?
    Exactly that ankle injury, very nasty stuff. The kind of thing you don't want to see on the player you just extended 4 more years. There are stories they might shop him this summer, but who would be crazy to bite?

Quote Originally Posted by kshutts1

In both trades, the team receiving Pek could use a bruiser down low to help them compete this upcoming year. Neither Knicks nor Lakers should be looking beyond this season as long as Kobe and Melo are on the respective teams.

Minn receives a useful, veteran backup to help guide their young players. Protected first is a steep price, but it can be a heavy protection.
    Minny isn't giving up any picks unless it's like a 2022 first or something. They won't be contending for jack shit until at least 2018 anyway, so just let Pek come off the bench. $10 mil/yr isn't awful for a good bench big man as the cap rises anyway.

Plus if he can stay healthy and play well next year, (or any during the rest of his deal) they can probably dump him off on a contender who really needs a big.

Local High School Star Bimbo Coles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kshutts1

I'd bite on behalf of Lakers/Knicks.

Quote Originally Posted by SwishSquared
    They won't be able to move him imo until he proves he can last through a season (which likely won't happen). Last offseason was time to move him.

T-Wolves are a league pass team for sure this season though. They'll be a bad team but they should be fun to watch. I want to see Bjelica come over though. Supposed to be a nice stretch 4 over in Europe.
    That term stretch four is starting to get ridiculously thrown around. He's a face up four that can handle the ball. Yeah, he has an outside shot, but he's in no way in hell a stretch four.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    Some people were tweeting journalists and people who following the T'Wolves asking about Rubio. They said Rubio isn't doing anything basketball related right now. They said he wouldn't start until later in July. That in itself just tells me how Rubio is as a player. He just doesn't put in the work to fix his main weakness.
    Like I kept telling this whole forum for years, he was the same exact player he was at age 20, that he was at age 16. And the same is true now also.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 06-25-2015 at 12:23 AM.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    That term stretch four is starting to get ridiculously thrown around. He's a face up four that can handle the ball. Yeah, he has an outside shot, but he's in no way in hell a stretch four.
    Lol if you can hits 3s and play PF you're a stretch 4 nowadays. I was going by what reporters were writing, so my bad if he's not a classic stretch 4.

Anyway, if you are going to bring him over, when is the time? He's 27. T-Wolves obviously aren't competing, but either get him here before he's too old to contribute or trade his rights for something.

Default Re: Rubio, Lavine, Wiggins, Towns, Deng

Quote Originally Posted by Harison
    True, plus they have Garnett, who will bring passion and push others to the limit.

I dont think they'll make the Playoffs next season though, West is slaughterhouse at the moment, and youngsters need some time to grow up.

Its hard to overstate the importance of having such a fiery, savvy veteran like Garnett mixing it up with all those young players.