Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Default Re: Is this video legit (very disturbing)

The jacket looked white and gold to me.

Seriously though, I'm looking for a translated version of the video, because that's too much. I'm not saying it's impossible to be true, and also it's really not any better if this is for an affair or something. But if it's really for the color of her jacket, it's just really disturbing that anyone could believe that there actually exists a set of beliefs that would consider that an applicable punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    The jacket looked white and gold to me.

Seriously though, I'm looking for a translated version of the video, because that's too much. I'm not saying it's impossible to be true, and also it's really not any better if this is for an affair or something. But if it's really for the color of her jacket, it's just really disturbing that anyone could believe that there actually exists a set of beliefs that would consider that an applicable punishment.
    There is; it's called Islam.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    Yes. Civilisation can slip into barbarism at the drop of a hat, and history is littered with examples of it, unfortunately. And this is exactly why people consider the Constitutional restraints placed on the Government's authority over the individual so important, because they are our only defences against a huge monopolistic power with near unlimited resources at its disposal.

They are much, much more important than Democracy.

Also, these periods of barbarism and anarchy are usually preceded by periods of complacency (no, that could never happen, peace and prosperity are things that last forever ), the kind of complacency that grows in a country which has only really been at war on its own soil a single time, and that was against itself. This is also why the spirit of liberty is strongest in a nation in the years directly following the revolution, when people's energies are greatest (i would say the spirit of 76 was the only thing that held North and South together in the many years before the North subsumed it).
    If you write a book I will worship it, my friend.