Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star MightyWhitey's Avatar

Default George W. Bush LOVES Black People!!!

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/02/politi...a-bush-legacy/

George W. Bush's new mission: Helping those with the least in Africa

Livingstone, Zambia (CNN) -- Former President George W. Bush has a new mission: helping those with the least in Africa.

He has stayed largely out of the limelight since his second term as U.S. president ended in 2008.

But on another continent, thousands of miles from the politics and infighting of Washington, Bush is quietly burnishing a humanitarian legacy that may in some people's eyes outweigh the controversies sparked by his time in office.

He and his wife, Laura, are in Africa this week, where they helped renovate a cancer screening clinic in Zambia.

The clinic, which is designed help women fight cervical cancer, builds on the former president's work fighting HIV/AIDS on the continent.

While he was in office, Bush set up a plan -- the President's Emergency Program for AIDS Relief -- that made a massive investment in antiretroviral drugs and dramatically reduced the number of AIDS deaths in Africa.

"I'm really proud of the American people for their generosity," he told CNN in an exclusive interview. "I wish Americans knew how many lives were saved. Someday, they will."

Default Re: George W. Bush LOVES Black People!!!

Dunking on everybody in the park

He made the world a safer place. Thank you Americans for voting for him twice.

USA USA USA

Quote Originally Posted by pinhead
    He made the world a safer place. Thank you Americans for voting for him twice.

USA USA USA
    Thank you pinhead. Both our countries are forever allies and friends.

National High School Star

Bush is underrated. He inherited dot.com, house bubble, and 9/11.

Nobody else to troll so he makes troll threads for himself

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by longhornfan1234
    Bush is underrated. He inherited dot.com, house bubble, and 9/11.
    Bush is underrated.
    Wrong he is one of our worst presidents ever.
    He inherited dot.com
    This is true, but no one holds the .com bubble burst against him
    house bubble
    Partially true, the deregulation started under clinton who never gets blamed enough for this. Still he did nothing to increase the protective regulations.
    9/11.
    He ignored many reports about al qaeda. he even once told cia officials "ok, you guys have covered your asses now". He totally dismissed the threat. Not saying it was preventable, but he totally dismissed the threat.

Quote Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan

This is true, but no one holds the .com bubble burst against him

Partially true, the deregulation started under clinton who never gets blamed enough for this. Still he did nothing to increase the protective regulations.

He ignored many reports about al qaeda. he even once told cia officials "ok, you guys have covered your asses now". He totally dismissed the threat. Not saying it was preventable, but he totally dismissed the threat.
    Bill Clinton could have had Bin Laden captured or killed before GW took office. But Clinton did no such thing http://www.nbcnews.com/id/4540958/ns.../#.UweyZMuPJLM And as far as GW being one of the worst presidents ever I have to disagree considering what he had to go up against during his presidency. IMO Jimmy Carter and Richard Nixon hold the titles of worst presidents.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    Nobody else to troll so he makes troll threads for himself
    Who are you again???

"Hey look at me! I'm MightyWhitey and I make racial bait threads and insult people to get my rocks off. I'm so smart and insightful."

Every post you make is like a cry for help/attention.

"Hey look at me! I'm MightyWhitey and I make racial bait threads and insult people to get my rocks off. I'm so smart and insightful."

Nonsense. I post on every topic you mutant.

Banned

how is this thread insulting to people.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by MightyWhitey
    Bill Clinton could have had Bin Laden captured or killed before GW took office. But Clinton did no such thing http://www.nbcnews.com/id/4540958/ns.../#.UweyZMuPJLM And as far as GW being one of the worst presidents ever I have to disagree considering what he had to go up against during his presidency. IMO Jimmy Carter and Richard Nixon hold the titles of worst presidents.

Who are you again???
    Clinton is overrated imo. He got rid of glass-steagall

The term Glass–Steagall Act usually refers to four provisions of the U.S. Banking Act of 1933 that limited commercial bank securities activities and affiliations between commercial banks and securities firms.
    This basically allowed the big banks to gamble with depositor money, know that if the failed and lost it all the federal government would have to bail them out or let the country fall. Obviously they were too big to fail.

Clinton failed to kill Bin Laden but he tried on several occasions. And he authorized a cia task force for the purposes of capturing or killing him. One time he chose not to fire cruise missiles because he felt the civilian casualties would be too high.

and as far as GW being one of the worst presidents ever I have to disagree considering what he had to go up against during his presidency.
    I am not even sure what you are talking about. From 2000-2006 the GOP controlled the presidency, the house, and the senate and conservatives outnumbered liberals on the SCOTUS.

That is utter dominance. he had almost a free choice about what to do. he chose to invade iraq for no reason. He chose to de-emphasize afghanistan, which is what allowed bin laden to live for so long. We could have killed him at taro bora if he sent more troops. But he was preoccupied with invading iraq, a much richer target.

He choose to do nothing about stuff like nija (no income, jobs, assets) loans and choose to do nothing about banks selling junk bonds as triple A rated.
    He did not reinstate glass-steagall.

He choose to implement the largest tax cut in US history and did not cut spending. In fact he fought 2 wars while implementing the largest tax cut in US history. He fought 2 wars by basically borrowing money.

He turned a budget surplus of about $280 billion, into a yearly deficit of over a trillion.

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

I don't like to stick up for Bush, but being viewed as "one of the worst ever" can ONLY lend itself to being underrated...just sayin

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
    I don't like to stick up for Bush, but being viewed as "one of the worst ever" can ONLY lend itself to being underrated...just sayin
    Thats like saying that the bobcats are one of the worst nba franchises ever is underrating them. Its called being accurate

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

Thats like saying that the bobcats are one of the worst nba franchises ever is underrating them. Its called being accurate
    there is no official rating system for presidents like Ws and Ls (there have been several awful Presidents though) I'm just saying that the view that he is one of the worst ever only makes the view of him being underrated that much easier...it's absolutely impossible for Bush to be "overrated"...he can only be "'underrated" if anything