Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Default Re: Reggie Miller VS Ray Allen

Reggie Miller owned Ray Allen when it matters.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Reggie had 21 on 5/18 shooting, 10 points on 4/12, 34 on 13/27, 15 on 5/9, and 41 on 15/25 in that series. It was great for him. 4 games not really of note for a scorer and one really good one. But really...its a series Michael Redd can have and have nobody care. Melo just had games along those lines and had people conclude that hes barely even a star.

The standards for Reggie are so low for a guy with his level of notoriety. He has games Ben Gordon can have and its legendary shit heard about for 20 years.

Hes had some legit outstanding moments but really...a lot of them are because hes Reggie Miller not because the level of play was just insane.

His series vs Ray Allens Bucks could be had by Penny and never be mentioned again. Im not sure if ive ever seen Reggie better than Arenas vs the cavs in 06 or 07 or whatever. He ended up losing(partly due to missed FTs if I remember correctly) but Reggie lost 19 years in a row so its not like Reggie was closing people out to win the big series.

Reggies series vs the Bucks isnt really worth a mention in the careers of most top flight swingmen. Its hardly what id call an owning.

Not from a HOF player known for nothing but scoring.

Ray Allen. Not close. Dumb question. Kill yourself....... Snitch.

Dunking on everybody in the park KrizMiz's Avatar

Reggie and not even close....

Good High School Starter nycelt84's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by atljonesbro
    Ray Allen EASY. The only people picking Reggie are those trying to hold onto their childhood and be 100% bias.
    What's funny is that I was a kid watching Miller during the 90's and I completely agree. It sucks to see people of my generation turning out like some of those older people and holding players from our childhood on some lofty perch that they don't deserve to be on. Ray Allen wins this one.

Ray Allen is the better all around player. and a Winner.

Reggie Miller was a better leader.

College superstar AintNoSunshine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rodman91
    Ray Allen better all around player but I'd pick Reggie if i was GM... without a doubt. Back in day Reggie,Gary Payton and Allen Iverson were only guys who had mentality to go toe to toe with Jordan.He so good at using screens even though everybody knows what's gonna happen noone could defend it.

Reggie carried Paces so many times against greater teams.He has many legendary games at playoffs.He proved himself over and over again against great players at toughest stages.His intangibles crushes Ray Allen's.

Allen was able to do things Reggie can't but Reggie was one of the deadliest player ever on court.I'm a bulls fan and those games against Reggie's Pacers in late 90's were all epic.
    very good point, makes me second thought before saying definitely Ray Allen

I'd pick Ray every single time. But I would know i'd hate having to face Reggie everytime knowing how Reggie can play with a vendetta against me.

Quote Originally Posted by DuMa
    I'd pick Ray every single time. But I would know i'd hate having to face Reggie everytime knowing how Reggie can play with a vendetta against me.
    If I played against him, I would of been ejected and suspended for beating him up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Reggie had 21 on 5/18 shooting, 10 points on 4/12, 34 on 13/27, 15 on 5/9, and 41 on 15/25 in that series. It was great for him. 4 games not really of note for a scorer and one really good one. But really...its a series Michael Redd can have and have nobody care. Melo just had games along those lines and had people conclude that hes barely even a star.

The standards for Reggie are so low for a guy with his level of notoriety. He has games Ben Gordon can have and its legendary shit heard about for 20 years.

Hes had some legit outstanding moments but really...a lot of them are because hes Reggie Miller not because the level of play was just insane.

His series vs Ray Allens Bucks could be had by Penny and never be mentioned again. Im not sure if ive ever seen Reggie better than Arenas vs the cavs in 06 or 07 or whatever. He ended up losing(partly due to missed FTs if I remember correctly) but Reggie lost 19 years in a row so its not like Reggie was closing people out to win the big series.

Reggies series vs the Bucks isnt really worth a mention in the careers of most top flight swingmen. Its hardly what id call an owning.

Not from a HOF player known for nothing but scoring.
    This. How in the hell Reggie is so lauded is a mystery to me.

Quote Originally Posted by LeBird
    This. How in the hell Reggie is so lauded is a mystery to me.
    Its because his a one of a kind character, he menaced and competed against the best with seemingly no physical advantages. Ray Allen is better.

Local High School Star nashwade's Avatar

wow i went to search for Ray Allen Sonics mix and he was dunking and sh!t

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nycelt84
    What's funny is that I was a kid watching Miller during the 90's and I completely agree. It sucks to see people of my generation turning out like some of those older people and holding players from our childhood on some lofty perch that they don't deserve to be on. Ray Allen wins this one.
    I'm the same as this. I was right in my prime watching and caring ages when Reggie was playing, and I'd take Ray and it wouldn't be close.

Better athlete, better ball handler, better finisher around the hoop in his prime, better passer, better at creating, better defender. And the shooting is a wash to me.

Ray didn't really start playing like Reggie until his last stretch in Seattle and then really in Boston when they started running him around screen constantly.

SMH, Reggie Miller is definitely the player you would build around over Ray Allen. You can't build a team around Ray.

And Reggie is on another level of clutch.
    Last edited by Solefade; 07-19-2013 at 12:54 PM.