Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Lakers91's Avatar

Default Re: Laker News: Kobe Signs 2 Year Extension

Quote Originally Posted by DKLaker
    Kobe wasn't going to go anywhere period unless we really were going to pay him $5 million less than the next team was offering and that wasn't going to happen. Refusing to deal now was not going to effect ticket sales in any way.

A smart owner would wait to see what he was paying for, let him play out the season....or at least if he started dropping 30 point games then you give in a bit.
    I said from the beginning that Kobe's agent rushed the deal because he knew that if Kobe got another big injury he may never get a deal over 8 million at his age. It was a brilliant move from an agent standpoint a horrible error for an owner.
    Do you think had the Lakers offered him around 10-12 million do you think he'd have accepted instead of 22 or would he have rejected it/do you think there was any chance he was leaving (I don't really)?

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers91
    Do you think had the Lakers offered him around 10-12 million do you think he'd have accepted instead of 22 or would he have rejected it/do you think there was any chance he was leaving (I don't really)?
    Kobe may have rejected it at the time but if we waited til the season ended and he saw the market for him wasn't there for any more than that kind of lower money, he would've had no choice but to accept.
    Jimmy got destroyed in the battle of wits

Kobe may have rejected it at the time but if we waited til the season ended and he saw the market for him wasn't there for any more than that kind of lower money, he would've had no choice but to accept.
    I agree, I just think it would have been smarter to wait, I don't see the benefit of offering it early, maybe if he was going to leave you get in first in best dressed but he wasn't going to leave he'd already said that, maybe if it was 08 Kobe after throwing a tantrum but this is a 34 year old veteran who loves the Lakers and the feeling is largely mutual, unless they had totally tried to rip him off and said were giving you 2 mil no more then he may have left but anything above 10 I think he'd have accepted anyway. Wouldn't you have to have wits to participate in a batlte of them ?

I don't think Jim Buss qualifies , I think organisations should implement when they are doing the nepotistic thing at least IQ test the person you'll pass the reigns to (one bad thing Jerry did), he should have done the Japanese style adoption (in Japan for CEO's who either don't want to pass of businesses to either a daughter or their son isn't intelligent enough etc they will adopt a senior employee as their son, it's not as common nowadays but still quite common, I think it's Toyota or something they have had 4 straight adult adopted CEO's in Japan just each CEO would adopt a qualified employee as their son and pass the reigns to them), Jerry could have adopted Mitch

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers91
    I don't think Jim Buss qualifies , I think organisations should implement when they are doing the nepotistic thing at least IQ test the person you'll pass the reigns to (one bad thing Jerry did), he should have done the Japanese style adoption (in Japan for CEO's who either don't want to pass of businesses to either a daughter or their son isn't intelligent enough etc they will adopt a senior employee as their son, it's not as common nowadays but still quite common, I think it's Toyota or something they have had 4 straight adult adopted CEO's in Japan just each CEO would adopt a qualified employee as their son and pass the reigns to them), Jerry could have adopted Mitch

Haha, something has to happen to get rid of Jimmy, putting him in charge was the worst mistake of Jerry's life....he must be turning over in his grave right now.