Page 3 of 83 FirstFirst 1234561353 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: official high school basketball thread

j$ is the greatest

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by canadianballer
    j$ is the greatest
    Encontraire, my Canadian comrade, Selena Gomez in five yearz will be.

anybody else having grade problems on their team?
    i have good grades but there are a lot of kids that might be academically eneligible when the season starts. theres only one kid on varsity that im worried about but we have some younger kids with a lot of potential with sh it grades.

Quote Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
    Encontraire, my Canadian comrade, Selena Gomez in 5 yearswill be.

EDIT: Wow... I got over that quick

Lets GO PENS!

Start tommorow... I'm pumped, but not about all the running lol

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Cannonball
    Start tommorow... I'm pumped, but not about all the running lol
    Yo Cannonball, wussup mah fellow elite white man?

You gon' be sprinting all pumped up on some Skrewdriver and Slayer jointz? I find that wacking it off to the chant of Obama = Osama, Biden = Bin Laden, workz wonderz for the Neo-Nazi soul!

Lets GO PENS!

Yo Cannonball, wussup mah fellow elite white man?

You gon' be sprinting all pumped up on some Skrewdriver and Slayer jointz? I find that wacking it off to the chant of Obama = Osama, Biden = Bin Laden, workz wonderz for the Neo-Nazi soul!
    ahahahaha. I listen to Young Jezzy that other **** I don't hear.

I want to know what kind of running you all do for tryouts before you even start skills and drills. The very first thing we do at my school is we have everybody meet on the track and get a 2 mile timed. Perimeter players have to get it in under 12:00 and post players under 13:00. After that, we have one tryouts session lasting about 3 hours. If you dont make it, you make it up once you are put into your team.

The next day, we start by running the court lengthwise... baseline to baseline is one, and then a short jog back and then baseline/baseline/baseline is the second, then baseline/baseline/baseline/baseline/baseline ect. all the way up to 11 baselines and then back down in the same order. Make ups for whichever ones you didnt get under the specified time follow right after. Then another 2 hours of tryouts.

Last day is all skills and finding out who is going to get slid into the undecided varsity spots... another 3 hours.

Its tough, but it makes sense to give everybody a wakeup call right before the season actually starts.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Fallguy20
    I want to know what kind of running you all do for tryouts before you even start skills and drills. The very first thing we do at my school is we have everybody meet on the track and get a 2 mile timed. Perimeter players have to get it in under 12:00 and post players under 13:00. After that, we have one tryouts session lasting about 3 hours. If you dont make it, you make it up once you are put into your team.

The next day, we start by running the court lengthwise... baseline to baseline is one, and then a short jog back and then baseline/baseline/baseline is the second, then baseline/baseline/baseline/baseline/baseline ect. all the way up to 11 baselines and then back down in the same order. Make ups for whichever ones you didnt get under the specified time follow right after. Then another 2 hours of tryouts.

Last day is all skills and finding out who is going to get slid into the undecided varsity spots... another 3 hours.

Its tough, but it makes sense to give everybody a wakeup call right before the season actually starts.
    Second step iz exactly the type of ladderz that we do? Fallguy, what do y'awl do for your tryoutz? We do a combination of zone defensez, weavez, lay-up drillz, one on ones, two on ones, jumpshots, rebounding etc. They are a breeze compared to the running before.

We don't run two miles, but we'll incorporate a sh!tload of suicides and start straight out. Really bringz the street hunger out in us

Lets GO PENS!

two back to back miles under 6.

holy ****.

wow thats crazy. but i remember you saying that your coach also makes you do cross country right? or was that someone else?

Second step iz exactly the type of ladderz that we do? Fallguy, what do y'awl do for your tryoutz? We do a combination of zone defensez, weavez, lay-up drillz, one on ones, two on ones, jumpshots, rebounding etc. They are a breeze compared to the running before.
    Weaves and one on ones are not unheard of, but the bulk of it is usually shooting and transition drills, post and guard moves, cutthroats, dribbling and EDDs, game situations and a big emphasis on defense. The last day is mostly scrimmage to see how players work with eachother and handle their game. They are not all that tough next to the running/sprinting, but it does add up and your usually pretty drained by the third day.

Quote Originally Posted by dwight20-20
    wow thats crazy. but i remember you saying that your coach also makes you do cross country right? or was that someone else?
    I do run cross country, but alot of the guys on the team dont even do a fall sport before basketball.
    Last edited by Fallguy20; 11-02-2008 at 09:48 PM.

College star

AHH last year i came to a new school and obliterated everyone in gym class and intermerals and tried out and nailed all the drills but once the scrimmage came i was asking to play sf (im 6 2 to 6 3) but since i was like 3rd tallest he wanted me to play 4 or 5 i was like dude im scrawny as hell i dribble better than our pg and shoot better than 90% of these guys and i have hardly any post experience
    he said i should try it for a few minutews then hed put me at 3 and i was like alright and i did great at d and ok at off then when i wantewd to play 3 he said tryouts were ending in under a minute and i was like u ****
    well not really saying that to him but yah so i couldnt show him my stuff and i didnt make it

also i was in grade 10 and the rest of the guyys were 12 and a couple of 11s

College star

Talking Re: official high school basketball thread

Im suspended from school during tryouts...f*ckin 10 day suspensions blow.

Quote Originally Posted by NastaMaverick
    Im suspended from school during tryouts...f*ckin 10 day suspensions blow.
    whatd you do? so now you cant play or what?