Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Default Re: Derrick Rose 2013: I will die on that court, Derick Rose 2014: life after basketball

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    Every man, wait I take that back, every Driven Man, turned family man makes that decision. Its basically called becoming wiser as a man. Its not falling off as much as it is to rising up. If you were a driven man or even a family man you would know.

With that said, he's going as hard to the rim as anybody not matter what their philosophy might be.
    you are not disagreeing with what i said, I agree this is probably sign of maturity and foresight. But part of greatness and hunger is existing in the moment. If a player or an athlete step into his respective arena and he's concerned about how this will affect his health insurance premium decades down the line, it's over as far as him being a competitor is concerned. This does not indict him as a family man, it's probably great for him as a balanced human being to value family over basketball, but greatness requires that sociopathic dedication to winning we see in Kobe and MJ.

5-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Derrick Rose 2013: I will die on that court, Derick Rose 2014: life after basketball

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    If that was Kobe it would read:
    "That's my life, I would die rather than pass that ball, I live to go in on missing shots. You think that record is safe around me? You think the Lakers future is safe around me. Dwight lead the league in FG% who Da fug needs that I ran him out of town..."

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

"That's my life, I would die rather than pass that ball, I live to go in on missing shots. You think that record is safe around me? You think the Lakers future is safe around me. Dwight lead the league in FG% who Da fug needs that I ran him out of town..."

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

You are so mad right now...

College superstar

Every man, wait I take that back, every Driven Man, turned family man makes that decision. Its basically called becoming wiser as a man. Its not falling off as much as it is to rising up. If you were a driven man or even a family man you would know.

With that said, he's going as hard to the rim as anybody not matter what their philosophy might be.
    so pretty much every player in the nba?

what rose said was idiotic. period. dude just came back from sitting out a year and change, is being paid boat loads of cash.. and yet has the gull to talk about his health 20 years from now? he needs to toughen up - as do you.

now if you are a kobe stan, why would you want more people posting "1-14"

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    seriously, if rose is irrelevant, why do you come into every rose thread?
    you do understand that youre the one coming into rose threads and posting about rose, not rose fans going into dirk threads (as if there any) and posting about dirk. talk about irrelevancy.

5-time NBA All-Star

Optiions in Interpreting attitudes in retorts:

1. Jokes--- 4.SARACASM-----------------50.mad

But to an idiot one size fits all.

Banned

Pointguard getting his shit pushed. Don't make me get his ass.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    seriously, if rose is irrelevant, why do you come into every rose thread?
    you do understand that youre the one coming into rose threads and posting about rose, not rose fans going into dirk threads (as if there any) and posting about dirk. talk about irrelevancy.
    I just want to see what the Rose fans will say next...it never ceases to amaze

Very good NBA starter

I think hed rather die before going 1/14 tho

I just want to see what the Rose fans will say next...it never ceases to amaze
    Rose played better than dirk in 2011. Thats why he won it unanimously and dirk was an after thought.

Very good NBA starter

Rose played better than dirk in 2011. Thats why he won it unanimously and dirk was an after thought.
    Dirk was fmvp in 2011

Rose shot 6% vs Lebron

Nah...he won it because of the narrative, the Bulls defense, Lebron fatigue, and Dirk getting hurt.

I totally agree that Rose deserved MVP, but he wasn't close to the best player.

As for actually comparing Dirk and Rose in 11 as basketball players...not very close. Although Rose was young and had/has a lot to learn so it's a bit of an unfair comparison.

But removing all that and just comparing them? Please...Dirk was a far better player...especially when the games really count.

Was Nash a better player than Kobe, Wade or LeBron in 2006? Terrible argument.