Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Just 1 Rational Fan lbj23clutch's Avatar

Default Re: Jordan/Hakeem/Wilt/Kobe & others getting shut down!

Fatal always dissapears when he gets owned.

Quote Originally Posted by lbj23clutch
    And then selectively replies to the few posts he can while ignoring the ones he's been owned in. He NEVER replies to any of the ones that are too smart for him.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by lbj23clutch

FATAL HAS LOST ALL CRED... I just put him on my ignore list...

Local High School Star chitownsfinest's Avatar

Why does this ****i*g dou*he still make threads when it is clear he is a troll and does this crap to take shots at MJ?

I rule the local playground nnn123's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal9

'89 Pistons - Jordan rules were NOT in effect. Jordan averaged just 25/5/6 on 39.7% shooting outside of game 3 & 6. His lack of aggresiveness, in games 4 and 5 lost the series for the Bulls. It may have been a coaching decision to use him as a decoy though.

I never understand when people do this..."he shot 39% outside of games 3 & 6". You just excluded 33% of the series, how are you gonna do that?????? I mean if we just want to selectively stat-whore, the possibilities are endless.

'09 Lakers vs. Jazz - Kobe shoots a terrible 40.5% outside of game 4, he gets shut down

'09 Lakers vs Rockets - Kobe gets shut down again, shooting 41.2% outside of games 2 and 5

'92 Bulls vs Cavs - Jordan has an amazing series, averaging a deadly 35 PPG w/ 48% shooting outside of games 2 and 6.

Quote Originally Posted by NBASTATMAN
    It's come to the point where you open the thread and can already predict EXACTLY what's in there. Selective presentation of stats such as
    "outside of games 5 and 6, MJ shot 40%!!" (when overall in series he shot like 50)
    or rounding up stats of players he likes and leaving the stats of other players as low as possible.
    Or being plain biased, such as presenting a series in which a player he dislikes shot less than 43%, while counting only the series when the player he likes shot 40% or worse, ignoring all the series of 40, 41, 42, and 43% (which add up to a lot)

Then he always tops it off with

"I was just thinking/watching/pondering of ___ and this just miraculously came into my head! Isn't this so interesting?? And guys don't forget, I LOVE MJ!!"

Quote Originally Posted by NBASTATMAN
    It's funny how many times this Fatal tool gets exposed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave3
    It's come to the point where you open the thread and can already predict EXACTLY what's in there. Selective presentation of stats such as
    "outside of games 5 and 6, MJ shot 40%!!" (when overall in series he shot like 50)
    or rounding up stats of players he likes and leaving the stats of other players as low as possible.
    Or being plain biased, such as presenting a series in which a player he dislikes shot less than 43%, while counting only the series when the player he likes shot 40% or worse, ignoring all the series of 40, 41, 42, and 43% (which add up to a lot)

Then he always tops it off with

"I was just thinking/watching/pondering of ___ and this just miraculously came into my head! Isn't this so interesting?? And guys don't forget, I LOVE MJ!!"
    Wow, you just pretty much summed up his life in just a paragraph.

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    Fatal 9 still trying to inadvertantly pull down Michael Jordan through a thread which clearly is trolling Have a look at the number of Jordan examples compared to the others, just coincidence perhaps?
    lol i noticed that.

NBA rookie of the year

I love how there's like 20 series for Jordan and only 1 or two for everyone else. You need to look harder. Kobe, for example, has had waaaay more sub-43% shooting series than the two you listed - I mean, sh*t, he shot 43% or worse for 6 entire postseasons (never mind individual series). Yet all we have are two examples. Sad.

I mean, surely there's no agenda... I also love how he lists the 42% vs. Boston in '87, but neglects to mention that MJ averaged like 37/7/6 that series. Shooting 42% averaging like 20-24 ppg is getting "shut down" -- averaging 37 ppg on 42% isn't quite the same.
    Last edited by OldSchoolBBall; 07-02-2009 at 12:41 AM.

You could tell Jordan's list would be the longest and Kobe's would be the shortest before you even clicked the thread....

Where art thou Fatal 9?
    I think we really owe him an apology

owwwww

By shutting down, I don't mean series where the players just had poor shooting nights because their shot was off, but where the defense directly led to the player having poor shooting nights, or significantly lowered production. For example, Jordan shot 42.7% in the '98 finals, but he wasn't shut down in that series by any means. I limited this to the top 10 or so players. Also only really including years each of these guys were the focal point on offense for their teams, so posting a bad series from Kareem's twilight years, or one that Magic had in the early 1980s, or Shaq's production dropping off in the '06 finals when it was Wade's team, isn't what we are looking for.
    Please read the OP. Thanks.

owwwww

at the Jordan trolls rolling in yet again. Please post other series where Kareem, Wilt, Hakeem and the rest of these guys were shut down. I'm open to suggestions. As for the number of mentions Jordan got, might be because I followed his career pretty closely (considering he's one of my favorites). Only reason I'd say he has so many series is because he faced tougher defenses than most of these other players and was the #1 guy on his team for what like 12 years? Kobe's mentions would be high but he has really only been the #1 option since about 2004 (only mentioned Pistons series because he played like the main guy in that series).

Local High School Star zabuza666's Avatar

Please read the OP. Thanks.
    Your list for kobe is still really short all things considered....Wonder why that is?