Page 129 of 166 FirstFirst ... 2979119126127128129130131132139 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 2487
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: ☆NBA General FA/Trade Ideas | Rumors | Offseason | Discussion | Roster

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    Lakers signed Mozgov to a 64mil deal over 4 years.. ARE YOU FU<KING KIDDING ME? WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON AROUND HERE?

I am just losing my mind hee, guys. I have officially given up on the Lakers. I will still be a Lakers fan and cheer for them, but I am not expecting them to go anywhere as long as Jim Buss is running the show..

ONE HOUR AFTER FREE AGENCY BEGAN? They rushed the signing 1 HOUR IN?

I am sorry. I give up. We are getting nonwhere anytime soon unless if we can pull off a mega trade.
    Sounds like they tried to go cheap because they figured they weren't getting a big time name. You have to remember with the way the cap went up that's actually not a bad deal. It's kind of the same thing they've been doing. Saving the big time contracts until they can get a superstar to sign here.

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: ☆NBA General FA/Trade Ideas | Rumors | Offseason | Discussion | Roster

But with that said, the Al Jefferson deal was much better (3 years, 30 million). Also the Jordan Clarkson contract was a good deal. It's really just a sign that nobody was going to sign with the Lakers this off season (at least no difference makers). We've gotta hope they draft a good C at some point. Every other position has really good young people.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    But with that said, the Al Jefferson deal was much better (3 years, 30 million). Also the Jordan Clarkson contract was a good deal. It's really just a sign that nobody was going to sign with the Lakers this off season (at least no difference makers). We've gotta hope they draft a good C at some point. Every other position has really good young people.
    I was thinking about the same thing, Less years and less money
    The biggest question we should be asking is if Mitch consulted Luke about this?
    Mozgov actually is not a bad center esp offensively but he has been exposed with his inability to defend the pick and roll esp if had to switch to a small.
    btw, I found out USC's Jovanovic was indeed signed by the Lakers to play in the SPL. Im not saying this guy will make it big for sure but he is worth the shot IMO. Here's the link of his workout.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmctTWbirwk
    His footwork is pretty good IMO, I just wish they asked him to cover a small in the perimeter, if he can at least keep in step.
    Zach Auguste looks good too.
    Here's the rest of the roster
    http://www.nba.com/lakers/releases/1...league_roster/

NBA lottery pick

One would have to guess Jefferson is rethinking that contract. There's a lot of money getting thrown around today. His is awfully cheap (now that the cap has went up). Look at that contract Evan Turner got. Insane!!!!

I'm looking forward to summer league. I know that playing well there doesn't necessarily translate into the regular season (and vice versa) but it's always interesting to see how some of the young guys are progressing.

Good read IMO, Lakersnation on the reasons why they went after Mozgov of all FA's.
    http://www.lakersnation.com/making-s...cy/2016/07/01/

[QUOTE]
    On paper, Mozgov absolutely looks like a difficult fit given the up-tempo style that Walton is likely to run, but the Lakers know what they are getting. In fact, Walton has spent the last two NBA Finals game planning against Mozgov and the Cavaliers, including the 2015 Finals when Mozgov averaged 16.8 points, 9 boards, and 1.8 blocks (omitting game 5, when then-coach David Blatt went small and Mozgov only played 9 minutes).
    In fact, if this deal was signed during the summer of 2015, with figures adjusted for that year

NBA lottery pick

With some of the monster contracts that happened throughout the day the Mozgov signing doesn't seem as bad to me. He's going to be a starter. It seems like that is the going rate for a starter.

NBA lottery pick

Wow, we just got Luol Deng.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources...130642295.html

Considering the cost of some of these other players it's a pretty good contract. Seems weird since he and Ingram play the same spots pretty much. I could see them going small ball and having them both out there though. It'll be good to have a vet like him on the team though. I'm guessing they must think Ingram isn't ready to start quite yet. Plus it gives them a good asset too. I've always liked Dengs game. He's won quite a bit in this league and is one of those guys that quietly puts up good numbers.

College superstar

Deng strikes me as a veteran mentor for the young guys on the team.

As for Mozgov, I think that's a good match and a good enough (though not good) contract. He's big, plays with energy, and is still relatively young, and has zero expectations of being a star. He won't take touches away from the guys that need them or want them, but he will play hard. What more can you ask for from a non all-star big? Nearly a perfect player to put on this roster, IMO.

Absolutely perfect player would be Biyombo, IMO, but he'll likely be even more costly, then there's the added downfall of being a RFA, which ties up money for longer. But if Biyombo signs for less than Mozgov just did, I'll be surprised.

NBA lottery pick

Bismack will certainly cost more. He's undersized. I like his hustle and overall game but I do think people tend to over rate him a bit too.

Deng is a good signing as a veteran who can provide quality minutes at sf/pf and mentor Ingram. Glad we re-signed Clarkson. Both were good moves.

I still have way too many questions about Mozgov signing. Good locker room veteran presence and well respected as a person. The questions I have are with his game, especially defense. He is not much better than what we had last season.. I am sorry but Lakers rushed it.. one hour after free agency starts? Could have waited 3 days after speaking with other better free agents and Mozgov would still be there if nothing else panned out... nobody else was going to rush to sign Mozgov

Quote Originally Posted by kshutts1
    Absolutely perfect player would be Biyombo, IMO, but he'll likely be even more costly, then there's the added downfall of being a RFA, which ties up money for longer. But if Biyombo signs for less than Mozgov just did, I'll be surprised.
    He signed with Orlando 4yrs, 70 mill.. literally same deal as Mozgov.. good job Lakers rushing it on an injury prone center in Mozgov rather than Biyombo

NBA lottery pick

Orlando has a starting C. Seems like they must either want to trade him or they gave Bismack that money as a back up.

He signed with Orlando 4yrs, 70 mill.. literally same deal as Mozgov.. good job Lakers rushing it on an injury prone center in Mozgov rather than Biyombo
    Are we second guessing Mitch too much, and not knowing enough what happened behind closed doors?

Yes, It would be incredibly stupid of Kupchak to not see what we are seeing.
    I personally prefer Mahinmi over Mozgov but who is to say, Mitch actually approached their agents and that they were told, their clients were not interested.
    Or Luke actually is really impressed with Mozgov over the other realistic centers?
    Biyombo is athletic..like Ezeli but is limited offensively and is as bad FT shooter unlike Mozgov, Maybe Luke saw some subtle things like their inability to play certain systems, like maybe they can't catch those handoffs, or not properly setting screens etc.
    Maybe there is a buy out clause in those contracts or that they agree to be paid more this year so in their last year, it would be considerably less, enough to waive them to acquire other FAs.

Mahinmi is who I was thinking about first, and the Wizards got him for roughly the same money, but it's a done deal now so we are just going to have to see how and if it all works out

College superstar

Deng is a good signing as a veteran who can provide quality minutes at sf/pf and mentor Ingram. Glad we re-signed Clarkson. Both were good moves.
    The thing I don't like about the Deng signing was the four years. I'd sign him for two. Signing him for four tells me that he's expected to be a part of the team, rather than just a mentor. Which is ludicrous, as he plays the same position as the new face of the franchise.

Deng needs to play about 20 mpg playing behind Randle and Ingram, but not cutting in to their minutes. They both need 30-36 mpg.

But whatever... we'll see what happens. And someone said that Biyombo signed the same contract as Mozgov when he didn't. I mean we're talking a difference of "only" 6 or 8 million over the length of the deal, but he did get more... and as someone else pointed out maybe Mozgov accepted some options in his deal that others would not.