Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    High School Varsity 6th Man Connor B's Avatar

Default I don't understand how Lebron is a "ring chaser"

I mean I get what the terms means, but I don't understand what about him joining Miami in basketball terms should take away from his legacy. Ignore all the ridiculous Decision and welcoming party and "not one, not two", all the media crap, and you are left with this: superstar Lebron, superstar Wade, and all-star Bosh and role players in 2010-2011. How is this any different from superstar Jordan, superstar Pippen, and all-star Dennis Rodman in 96? Or superstar Shaq, superstar Kobe, and all-star (kinda, not really) Glen Rice in 2000? Miami isn't really stacked when you compare them to other great teams.

Let me put it this way: if Lebron stays in Cleveland, they don't get Kyrie, and chances are, they are still a good but not championship team. He may have never won a ring. No one would have alone like that. Jordan didn't, Kobe hasn't, no one. So let's say he finishes his career in Cleveland and wins 0 rings...is his legacy better than it is now with 2? Of course not. But people act like they would have him higher in terms of an all-time list if he hadn't come to Miami. Damned if he came, damned if he didn't.

Where should he have gone? Chicago? As if Derrick Rose, Luol Deng, Boozer, and Noah aren't already a good team? Is that team stacked? How is 2010 -11 Miami better than 2010-11 Chicago if Lebron goes Chicago?

I just feel anyone who takes away from Lebron's legacy because it was "given, not earned" is just a bit ignorant of the situation. If you look at those 2 championships, he was bar none the MVP. It isn't like he rode any cottails, especially not this year. Ray Allen made a historic three, but Lebron also had 16 in the fourth and basically won game 7 on a jumper and 38 points. 25/11/7 for the 2013 finals. That's not someone who deserves to be called top 15 of all time when you consider all the other accolades?

I just want to understand the logic of negging Lebron for having come to Miami. If Wade had come to Cleveland would anyone be saying anything? I agree, Jordan would have never left to play against his biggest rivals. But he also got Pippen and later Rodman. Lebron never had any great second options. Why stay?

Don't troll. I want a serious answers. Convince me why I shouldn't have Lebron in my top 10-15
    Last edited by Connor B; 08-13-2013 at 03:50 PM.

Local High School Star

Default Re: I don't understand how Lebron is a "ring chaser"

NB4 10+ page thread of Lebron Stans defending their king.

High School Varsity 6th Man MastaKilla's Avatar

Lol because Jordan didn't leave his team to go join former FMVP pippens team

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Do ring chasers usually carry a team for a whole postseason. You know, like just a few months ago? Or go a whole postseason without having one bad game? You know, like in 2012.

Wade averaged 15ppg in the postseason.

Bosh averaged 12ppg and got manhandled the last two rounds.

I mean there was literally a point they were calling the Heat the Miami Cavaliers. Reggie Miller even said during a live broadcast. And LeBron James, who actually played for those terrible Cavalier teams, even compared his teammates to the likes of Mo Williams, Eric Snow, etc.

Serious playground baller I.Malcolm's Avatar

How is LeBron ring chasing? He creates ring worthy teams.

You can't ring chase if you lead your team in that many categories. It's not possible. He basically upgraded his supporting cast on his own since they couldn't do it in Cleveland.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    Do ring chasers usually carry a team for a whole postseason. You know, like just a few months ago? Or go a whole postseason without having one bad game? You know, like in 2012.

Wade averaged 15ppg in the postseason.

Bosh averaged 12ppg and got manhandled the last two rounds.

I mean there was literally a point they were calling the Heat the Miami Cavaliers. Reggie Miller even said during a live broadcast. And LeBron James, who actually played for those terrible Cavalier teams, even compared his teamma

tes to the likes of Mo Williams, Eric Snow, etc.
    Allen iverson led a team to the finals with Eric Snow as his 3rd best player and won a game in the finals against the 3 peat Lakers.

That's one more game than Lebron ever won in the finals before he got a FMVP and an 8x allstar to play alongside him.

So by your logic Iverson> Lebron for doing more with less.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    Allen iverson led a team to the finals with Eric Snow as his 3rd best player and won a game in the finals against the 3 peat Lakers.

That's one more game than Lebron ever won in the finals before he got a FMVP and an 8x allstar to play alongside him.

......except Iverson didn't win a ring...

Quote Originally Posted by Connor B
    ......except Iverson didn't win a ring...

And Lebron didn't win a single game in the finals until he was playing with a FMVP and 8x all star

Actually the 3rd best player was Aaron McKie who was the 6th man of the year in 01. And are you comparing 76ers Snow to Cavaliers' Snow? Next time you try to make a point, try to actually have a point.

And Lebron didn't win a single game in the finals until he was playing with a FMVP and 8x all star
    You really think the 07 Cavs were comparable to the 01 76ers?

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    Actually the 3rd best player was Aaron McKie who was the 6th man of the year in 01. And are you comparing 76ers Snow to Cavaliers' Snow? Next time you try to make a point, try to actually have a point.
    That's all you have? Your big comeback is that it was the almighty Arron McKie who Iverson had as his running mate?

Banned

Here's the biggest reason why Lebron is a ring chaser......

Lebron is easily a $30 million dollar man like Kobe. He left a team that went to the Finals to join 2 other superstars on a loaded team. He took less money to join a team. He basically left 15 million dollars on the table to get him a ring.

Nobody leaves 15 million dollars to get them an easy ring.

That's all you have? Your big comeback is that it was the almighty Arron McKie who Iverson had as his running mate?
    You also compared 2007 Eric Snow to 2001 Eric Snow...

Quote Originally Posted by Connor B
    You really think the 07 Cavs were comparable to the 01 76ers?
    This. The Cavs had no one as good of a 2nd option as DPOY Mutombo and 6th man McKie. Hell even George Lynch would have been better than guys like Pavlovic