Thread: #ICantBreathe

Default #ICantBreathe

Trending since FIVE days now..

Still protests happening..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1T70wnrlLFE

NBA Superstar

Default Re: #ICantBreathe

Like I said in some other thread, this shit is getting out of control.

The media is placing all of their attention now on the lives of two black guys whose situations could have easily been avoided.

One was way out of shape and being difficult to deal with and the other was being a total dumbass so I'm not sure why he's the face for this movement. Racism affects everyone in this country, and until the media wants to spend time formulating their arguments from actual statistics, they should be ignored.

We need to be focusing on important issues like protecting the environment, dealing with climate change, and exploring space, but instead no, we whine, bitch and moan, and fight over two guys whose situations could have easily been avoided.

And all it's doing is dividing us Americans instead of bringing us collectively together to fight racism as a whole. So retarded.

Good college starter

Why she just say "Trayvon", and use the others full names? She on first name terms with Mr Martin? Or the others aren't as important? Are they more strangers to here than Martin was? Just what is she getting at?

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    Like I said in some other thread, this shit is getting out of control.

The media is placing all of their attention now on the lives of two black guys whose situations could have easily been avoided.

One was way out of shape and being difficult to deal with and the other was being a total dumbass so I'm not sure why he's the face for this movement. Racism affects everyone in this country, and until the media wants to spend time formulating their arguments from actual statistics, they should be ignored.

We need to be focusing on important issues like protecting the environment, dealing with climate change, and exploring space, but instead no, we whine, bitch and moan, and fight over two guys whose situations could have easily been avoided.

And all it's doing is dividing us Americans instead of bringing us collectively together to fight racism as a whole. So retarded.
    Why you saying "us Americans" when you live in the UK?

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by sweggeh
    Why she just say "Trayvon", and use the others full names? She on first name terms with Mr Martin? Or the others aren't as important? Are they more strangers to here than Martin was? Just what is she getting at?
    Who knows.

F*cking lol @ ending the sign with "WAKE UP AMERICA" as if these are the issues that America isn't hearing about 24/7 on the media and through sheep talking about them in public, ala "the media tells me what to think about and how to think about it"

NBA Superstar

Why you saying "us Americans" when you live in the UK?
    Doesn't matter where I live, I'll always be an American.

Good college starter

Just checking

Anyway, this is how I see it.

Michael Brown - Justified. Very unfortunate but these things happen when you rob stores and tussle with cops.

Trayvon Martin - 50/50. A lot of grey area in this case/

Eric Garner - 100% wrong and unnacceptable. It is a travesty that policeman got away with it.

Just checking

Anyway, this is how I see it.

Michael Brown - Justified. Very unfortunate but these things happen when you rob stores and tussle with cops.

Trayvon Martin - 50/50. A lot of grey area in this case/

Eric Garner - 100% wrong and unnacceptable. It is a travesty that policeman got away with it.
    I think there were a couple of other semi famous incidents.. Maybe we can put them all together a bit?

Could also be done in the "cop abuse thread".

NBA Superstar

it'd be nice to find more people protesting and upset about serious issues that don't get constant airplay.

all I see in young americans is a bunch of sheep.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    it'd be nice to find more people protesting and upset about serious issues that don't get constant airplay.

all I see in young americans is a bunch of sheep.

THIS