Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Seattle SuperSonics Forum

Seattle SuperSonics Forum Seattle Supersonics message board - sonics fan forum

Old 04-23-2012, 11:14 AM   #1
hon hon hon eat snails

9512 has decent reputation9512 has decent reputation
Default Sonics new logo (post Shultzand post Bubba)

When Seattle gets a new team, I think the Sonics' logo should change to symbolically wipe away the horrendous ownership stints of Shultz and Bubba Bennett that Sonics' want to not remember.

I was thinking of going back to the very first logo and tweak it to make it more modern.

Here are the logos I was referring the one on the upper left corner:

http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl...87&tx=37&ty=58
9512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 03:27 PM   #2
Killbot
KillImpaleLiquefyLynch

Killbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Sonics new logo (post Shultzand post Bubba)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9512
When Seattle gets a new team, I think the Sonics' logo should change to symbolically wipe away the horrendous ownership stints of Shultz and Bubba Bennett that Sonics' want to not remember.

I was thinking of going back to the very first logo and tweak it to make it more modern.

Here are the logos I was referring the one on the upper left corner:

http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl...87&tx=37&ty=58

I personally think they should use the 1975 one like your avatar to start with the Sonics. First ever logo to have actual success (1978 finals appearance, 1979 only championship win). Plus it's sexy.
Killbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:50 PM   #3
JellyBean
College superstar

JellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation here

I think that we should go with the 1975, like Killbot stated. That is the one I grew up with, created my first basketball court out of poster board with (we used basketball cards as the actual players and tupperware cups for baskets), and my first recreation basketball team name. So I like the 1975 logo as the first option. The 2nd option would be the 02-08 logo.
JellyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 04:40 AM   #4
Killbot
KillImpaleLiquefyLynch

Killbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Watched some kind of mini interview like 2 days before where Chris Hansen believed that it's going to take maybe 5 years for Seattle to get a team. City council have to agree with the plan (heard it was popular from the regular folks), still have to do the traffic project study around the Port of Seattle, and there will continue to be a grumpy neighbor (owner of the Mariners).

I knew it's going to take at least 10 years before it can get a team.
Old 06-01-2012, 04:05 AM   #5
hon hon hon eat snails

9512 has decent reputation9512 has decent reputation

Thanks for the info...I guess 10 years is better than never at all.
9512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 08:43 PM   #6
JellyBean
College superstar

JellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killbot
Watched some kind of mini interview like 2 days before where Chris Hansen believed that it's going to take maybe 5 years for Seattle to get a team. City council have to agree with the plan (heard it was popular from the regular folks), still have to do the traffic project study around the Port of Seattle, and there will continue to be a grumpy neighbor (owner of the Mariners).

I knew it's going to take at least 10 years before it can get a team.

10 years. No sweat!! Hopefully all goes well and we get the team back!
JellyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 04:36 AM   #7
Killbot
KillImpaleLiquefyLynch

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9512
Thanks for the info...I guess 10 years is better than never at all.

For sure. Such a shame on what could have been....Sonics in the WCF tied with the Spurs 2-2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyBean
10 years. No sweat!! Hopefully all goes well and we get the team back!

And hopefully by then, the enemy becomes weaker.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: