Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-04-2013, 05:26 AM   #1
Magic bird
The Banner

Magic bird has decent reputation
Default Andrew Bynum: Will he play this season?

After going through those Knee surgeries, Would'nt it be risky for Bynum to back on the court this season? Would Philly fans prefer him to rest for the season or him come in and contribute risking injury?

Also, if he does rest the rest of the season, any idea whether he will be re-signed without proving himself(0 production)?

Andrew Bynum has a short history of injuries, notably tearing his MCL against the Grizzlies in 2009 and tearing his meniscus in 2010

If he returns, will he be able to put up 18 and 11 like last season?

http://nesn.com/2013/02/andrew-bynum...ee-injections/

^This source says he recieved lubrication injections into both knees and will be back around the all star break
Magic bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:34 AM   #2
midatlantic09
Local High School Star

midatlantic09 is a pretty well-respected postermidatlantic09 is a pretty well-respected postermidatlantic09 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Andrew Bynum: Will he play this season?

Honestly, I don't think anyone will resign him unless they can do so for something like $20 million/2 years. Despite the fact that he hasn't played at all, he's probably going to want a fairly large deal and I don't think teams are willing to give a guy who may have injury problems forever a huge, long term deal.

However, it would be honorable of him to take a short term deal (like $20m/2 years with the second year being a team option) and actually prove that he can stay healthy and that he's worthy of a long term, big money deal first.

Last edited by midatlantic09 : 02-04-2013 at 07:22 AM.
midatlantic09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:59 AM   #3
SacJB Shady
College superstar

SacJB Shady has a very bad reputationSacJB Shady has a very bad reputationSacJB Shady has a very bad reputationSacJB Shady has a very bad reputationSacJB Shady has a very bad reputation

He's already blocked 3 shots each game!
SacJB Shady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:21 AM   #4
kNicKz
College superstar

kNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected poster

Hope the giant returns, miss watching his post action, and his antics are always entertaining
kNicKz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:00 AM   #5
immatell
Can barely lace up my sneakers

immatell has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic bird
Also, if he does rest the rest of the season, any idea whether he will be re-signed without proving himself(0 production)?

He'll have a lot of interest around the league, but i doubt philly will re-sign him. Unless they also bring Billy King back.
immatell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:08 AM   #6
Blue&Orange
NBA lottery pick

Blue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected posterBlue&Orange is a pretty well-respected poster

During the knicks sixers games they showed some footage of him practicing, i gotta say, i never seen him so fit, his upper body looked defined, with a muscle or two sneaking in there.

i'm really curious to see this new fit Bynum play, even more with the offense going through him.

I got to say people are underrating the east a lot this year, huge amount of injuries.
Blue&Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:32 PM   #7
returnofthemack
Serious playground baller

returnofthemack has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by midatlantic09
Honestly, I don't think anyone will resign him unless they can do so for something like $20 million/2 years. Despite the fact that he hasn't played at all, he's probably going to want a fairly large deal and I don't think teams are willing to give a guy who may have injury problems forever a huge, long term deal.

However, it would be honorable of him to take a short term deal (like $20m/2 years with the second year being a team option) and actually prove that he can stay healthy and that he's worthy of a long term, big money deal first.

some stupid team will sign this guy to a max deal. i would bet money on it. all i know is it better not be the cavs
returnofthemack is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: