NBA Legend

Default Re: The smarter you are, the slower time moves

Quote Originally Posted by fiddy
    FTFY

fiddy causes time around him to surpass the speed of light

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    That's exactly right. I am slowing down time around me by moving much faster relative to it.

You bungling insults by inadvertently making them compliments only speeds me up

It took you 2 days to come up with a retort

Lightspeed my *****!

Let me put it to you this way:

Let's say you're up to bat. And as soon as the pitch is thrown, you've diagnosed it's trajectory and know how to hit it out of the park.

Let's say someone else is up to bat. It takes them the entire time of the pitch to size it up and know how to hit it.

Well you both still have to wait for the pitch to get to the plate to hit it, right? So what's the difference?

But let's say both players have the ability to move at light speed. The first player, who sizes up the pitch immediately, can then leave the park and get coffee, visit his parents, write a dissertation, pickup litter at the local park, and come back to the plate and hit the baseball.

But the other player, who can MOVE at light speed as well, still needs all that time to mentally size up the pitch first before hitting it. So he doesnt get to grab coffee, visit his parents, write a dissertation, pick up litter, etc.

The mental faculties of the first player ENABLED him to create more time.

Do you get it?
    If you leave the inertial at speed of light time will pass faster in the stadium.
    The pitch will be long done when you're back. Also acceleration and decceleration are a thing.
    If you travel at the speed of light you can travel to the future without aging much.

The outside observer feels like you don't age. In your inertial a year still feels like a year.

Same for reading books.

The older you get the faster time goes by. I can say that from experience!

NBA rookie of the year AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar

The quicker you can process stimuli during a given task, the slower time goes for you relative to people who can't process it as quickly

Barry sees the ball and makes a decision in a fraction of a second, to what him feels like a bigger amount of time than it actually was

But what if you went with the

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    It took you 2 days to come up with a retort

Lightspeed my *****!

Oh yeah?

Well the jerk store called, and they're running out of YOU!

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive
    If you leave the inertial at speed of light time will pass faster in the stadium.
    The pitch will be long done when you're back. Also acceleration and decceleration are a thing.

If you travel at the speed of light you can travel to the future without aging much.

The outside observer feels like you don't age. In your inertial a year still feels like a year.

Same for reading books.

That's not the point. The physics involved in actually running around a city at the speed of light aren't germane to the point itself. Obviously it's not something anyone could actually physically do. But it illustrates the concept that information accumulation and processing can be done at varying speeds. "Speed" itself is an expression of time which we typically associate with observable physical movement, but that isn't its only application. Mental speed is also an expression of time, and thus relative. Faster mental speed is a reduction of time when compared to slower mental speed.

Oh yeah?

Well the jerk store called, and they're running out of YOU!