Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Default Re: Trump addresses the nation in 45 minutes... 9 pm EST 1-18-19... livestream inside

Quote Originally Posted by r15mohd
    look at you getting all giddy over that it's no secret that many of those who served there time are many petty scenarios - for instance marijuana charges, which on it's way to be overturned itself. not to mention those who've committed serious crimes are not allowed to vote per the measure passed.

context was never your strong suit...it's blatant in many of your responses in the OT threads.

And I don't see how them being allowed to vote now helps Democrats. I'm a Republican and I voted in favor of this.

Default Re: Trump addresses the nation in 45 minutes... 9 pm EST 1-18-19... livestream inside

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    Trump should've just said that the Trump wall is almost finished and the 5 bil is to finish it, his mouthbreathing base would believe him.
    Quote Originally Posted by RufusPaul
    I said the same thing in another thread. He should just say the wall is built, it's the best wall ever, and Mexico paid for it.
    Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump

The Fake News Media keeps saying we haven’t built any NEW WALL. Below is a section just completed on the Border. Anti-climbing feature included. Very high, strong and beautiful! Also, many miles already renovated and in service!

$20 million raised in GoFundMe for Trump border wall to be refunded

don't ever take this time we're living in for granted, boys. every single day lived in this era is a gift. appreciate it.

^^^ LMAO

Dude IS going that route...unbelievable

Quote Originally Posted by SomeBlackDude
    $20 million raised in GoFundMe for Trump border wall to be refunded

don't ever take this time we're living in for granted, boys. every single day lived in this era is a gift. appreciate it.
    So, President lil Donny, if that section is already built, does this mean you no longer need the funding? Let's open the government then, lil Donny.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    ^^^ LMAO

Dude IS going that route...unbelievable
    fresh out of options. tried the 'art of the deal' and chuck and nancy laughed him out of the room. tried to declare a national emergency and his counsel/advisors were like 'stop it'. then today there was talk of using emergency funds earmarked for disaster relief for fl, tx, ca, pr and gop senators were like 'nah'.

there is no way out.

he is backed into a corner with absolutely no way out.

just has to say 'we built the wall already, believe me folks. mexico already cut the check.' and move on to a new distraction.

there are litrally no other options.

fresh out of options. tried the 'art of the deal' and chuck and nancy laughed him out of the room. tried to declare a national emergency and his counsel/advisors were like 'stop it'. then today there was talk of using emergency funds earmarked for disaster relief for fl, tx, ca, pr and gop senators were like 'nah'.

there is no way out.

just has to say 'we built the wall already, believe me folks. mexico already cut the check.' and move on to a new distraction.

Lil Donny is essentially like one of those moron reddit trolls, who sits around all day yelling conspiracy nonsense into the wind, except for the fact the moron actually has power. The moron also has foolish followers like Patty Chewing sucking up everything he spouts, no matter how ridiculous it might be.

there is no way out.

what he'll do if worst comes to worse is just go ahead and declare the emergency and let the courts deny him. that way he can tell his base he did everything he could to get it done and 'i'll keep trying if u reelect me'.

then, HE will reopen the gov and brag about how he 'saved the day' and the dems f***ed you out of your pay. he'll end up winning this one way or another.

then the media will talk about something else come tomorrow, and life goes on for americans. u know how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    Which means CA, Puerto Rico, Miami and Texas disaster victims may end up paying for it.
    If this is implemened, I suspect Cali and Puerto Rican disaster victims would get the brunt. I think Floridia and Texas residents will be just fine.

[QUOTE][B][U]Shutdown

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

I saw some republicans make a good point about why you dont fabricate emergencies to use the presidential emergency powers. They dont wanna set a precedent and have the next democrat decide climate change is an emergency and start bypassing congress.

I see the issue there. You have to think big picture.

The court cases relating to this are interesting.

Truman was blocked by the supreme court when he tried to seize steel mills to break a strike by using federal workers to keep supplying the army with steel during the Korean war. His argument was...its an emergency if the army cant operate....but the supreme court said nothing in the Constitution authorized the president to seize property in wartime without approval from congress. If the supreme court says you cant just declare an emergency and take peoples property what do you think all those land owners on the border will do when Trump comes for their land with imminent domain in a time of peace with a manufactured emergency?

This is Justice Jacksons take:

[QUOTE]In it, he suggested three tiers of presidential power: with authority from Congress, when Congress is silent, and in defiance of Congress. He concluded that President Truman

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    I saw some republicans make a good point about why you dont fabricate emergencies to use the presidential emergency powers. They dont wanna set a precedent and have the next democrat decide climate change is an emergency and start bypassing congress.

I see the issue there. You have to think big picture.

The court cases relating to this are interesting.

Truman was blocked by the supreme court when he tried to seize steel mills to break a strike by using federal workers to keep supplying the army with steel during the Korean war. His argument was...its an emergency if the army cant operate....but the supreme court said nothing in the Constitution authorized the president to seize property in wartime without approval from congress. If the supreme court says you cant just declare an emergency and take peoples property what do you think all those land owners on the border will do when Trump comes for their land with imminent domain in a time of peace with a manufactured emergency?

This is Justice Jacksons take:

Think thats gonna be mentioned in the coming months?

The court fight is gonna last for some time.

Its a hard fight to win. Lincoln was overruled on his use of emergency powers but he just refused to do what they said. I imagine these days there would be more consequences. He had his party with a massive advantage in congress so he couldnt be impeached. There were only 40 total democrat members of congress with the south having left....so he could really do whatever he wanted.

Trump would be out on his ass in a second....though he would never attempt to fight the supreme courts order these days.

On the other hand....the supreme court let FDR imprison all those Japanese americans with his emergency powers.....but Pearl Harbor and WW2 was a better case for an emergency.

I dont see them letting him do anything. Id like to see him try just to better define what is and isnt allowed.

This is how its supposed to work though. Checks and balances. You arent supposed to lose congress then still set the budget....and if you try to bypass congress the judicial branch is there to stop you.

Much as Trump supporters claim to love America they dont seem to love the checks and balances that make America what it is.

Out here mad at democrats. They need to be mad at James Madison. These people around here love the constitution till they get mad a judge overruled the president and have it explained that it was designed to work that way. On the other hand....the president and congress appoint the higher courts....and impeach judges if needed.

None of the 3 can function without the others. Being president doesnt mean shit if the other two branches disagree. Which is exactly how its supposed to be. I saw Trump talking about elections have consequences. Hes right.

The midterms gave people a chance to vote on if he gets his way with congress. Apparently the people decided he doesnt.

This is how America was designed.
    trump is a crook, hes going to operate crookedly. using a shutdown to get his way already sets a precedent that any president whom wishes to get his or her way can use a shutdown as a vise. and then to use the power to declare national emergency to get his way is another level of crookedness. This is obvious and im not sure why trumptards support this type of behavior by a president and admin.

I will just post this here..

As the Trump administration demands funding for a border wall to stop illegal immigration, a new study finds that for the seventh consecutive year, visa overstays far exceeded unauthorized border crossings.

The report released Wednesday by the Center for Migration Studies of New York finds that from 2016-2017, people who overstayed their visas accounted for 62 percent of the newly undocumented, while 38 percent had crossed a border illegally.

The study also finds that the undocumented population from Mexico fell by almost 400,000 people in 2017 and that since 2010, the number of undocumented from that country fell by 1.3 million.

"We have made tremendous progress since the year 2000 in reducing undocumented immigration into this country," the study's author, CMS senior fellow Robert Warren, told NPR.

Warren was the director of statistics at the Immigration and Naturalization Service from 1986 to 1995. He said that both the Bush and Obama administrations had roughly doubled the size of the Border Patrol and that the country has seen results.
    https://www.npr.org/2019/01/16/68605...rder-crossings

Ross told CNBC he is puzzled by reports of federal workers turning to food banks and other forms of relief, suggesting they should be able to obtain bridge loans to tide them over until the government reopens.

"True, the people might have to pay a little bit of interest," said Ross. "But the idea that it's 'paycheck or zero' is not a really valid idea."
    https://www.npr.org/2019/01/24/68818...ips-dems-raged

Trump and his cabinet members are out of reach with the average American. Something like 40% of America lives paycheck to paycheck, and more than half the country has no money in bank for an emergency. Telling them to take a loan to feed themselves and pay their bills is irresponsible..