Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Kobe Stan

Default Harden is the GOAT foul drawer

Harden's free throw rate is as much of an outlier as Curry's 3 point shooting. Seriously, his FTR over these last 6 years or so is pretty much double any other player in NBA history...which is also crazy since he shoots like 10 threes a game.

I know Harden's made more free throws than field goals and also I remember hearing one season he shot as many free throws off threes as the REST OF THE NBA (someone fact check this last part).

I hate his flopping ass even though he is a highly skilled player.

More than anything I'm just...in awe of seeing this shit on paper.

During this 17 game crazy streak he is on, he is shooting like 15 threes AND 15 free throws a game...it just shouldn't be possible.

Banned

Default Re: Harden is the GOAT foul drawer

it only works today though

he'd be laughed out of the gym if he tried this shit back in the 80's/90's/early 00's

after the first 2-3 no call flop/flails launching the ball over the backboard he'd be benched

Someone posted that he's been averaging 15 three attempts along with 14 FTA during his 30 point stretch. His free throw attempts have gone up as he's taken more threes.

Tonight he was 17/18 from the line. Never thought a three point shooter would consistently lead the league in free throws (until Harden went to Houston).
    Last edited by Marchesk; 01-14-2019 at 11:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffen

he'd be laughed out of the gym if he tried this shit back in the 80's/90's/early 00's

after the first 2-3 flop/flails launching the ball over the backboard he'd be benched
    You act like he wouldn't be capable to adapt. If he played in an era that doesn't call those fouls, I have a hard time believing he would be pulling that shit all game, every game. Might try it once in the 1st quarter every game and it never gets called so he would find other ways to score. He has skill

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    You act like he wouldn't be capable to adapt. If he played in an era that doesn't call those fouls, I have a hard time believing he would be pulling that shit every game. Might try it once in the 1st quarter every game and it never gets called so he would find other ways to score. He has skill
    meltdown.

Quote Originally Posted by StrongLurk
    Harden's free throw rate is as much of an outlier as Curry's 3 point shooting. Seriously, his FTR over these last 6 years or so is pretty much double any other player in NBA history...which is also crazy since he shoots like 10 threes a game.

I know Harden's made more free throws than field goals and also I remember hearing one season he shot as many free throws off threes as the REST OF THE NBA (someone fact check this last part).

I hate his flopping ass even though he is a highly skilled player.

More than anything I'm just...in awe of seeing this shit on paper.

During this 17 game crazy streak he is on, he is shooting like 15 threes AND 15 free throws a game...it just shouldn't be possible.

That only looks like that because most of the time he attacks the rim he gets fouled and doesn't actually take a shot. If I had to guess what percentage of his shots at the rim end in FT's to FG I'd guess 70% ft's to 30% actual fg.

Kobe Stan

after the first 2-3 no call flop/flails launching the ball over the backboard he'd be benched
    I honestly have no idea how he would play in previous eras...I mean the dude IS crazy skilled...but has made flopping/foul drawing a BIG part of his game. Even without it he could be a very good player but his game is so different than anyone else in previous generations.

He shoots more threes than teams did in the 90s...and they are almost all heavy iso shots drilled in the face of defenders. But then he falls on half the threes for NO reason and refs still get baited into calling fouls.

He's easily the least enjoyable "superstar" I've ever watched. He makes me want to find him and knock him the f out (of course I couldn't but he physically makes me angry watching him).

You act like he wouldn't be capable to adapt. If he played in an era that doesn't call those fouls, I have a hard time believing he would be pulling that shit all game, every game. Might try it once in the 1st quarter every game and it never gets called so he would find other ways to score. He has skill
    Facts

Banned

he's capable and would adapt but he wouldn't be nearly as good. he'd be another mitch richmond at best

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    meltdown.
    You on kenny's payroll now? Bring it son.

You on kenny's payroll now? Bring it son.
    Settle down, tiger.

guys were going to the foul line more in the 90s(anyone can look it up). I'm fairly confident harden would go to the foul line a lot still.

Reggie Miller is the 90's outlier with his high 3pt rate and pretty high ftr(40%) and harden has gone a level beyond the tricks Reggie used to draw fouls and ofc also drives way more.

I just cant ignore the report that Harden was even doing this shit in practice with OKC getting to the line often and pissing off KD/WB.

he's capable and would adapt but he wouldn't be nearly as good. he'd be another mitch richmond at best

The ignorance.

Not really an outlier. Barkley & Robinson had more while attempting less shots. Wade, MJ, Westbrook pretty much equaled Harden. It's not something unique but it's true Harden is one of the best at it.

ok i have seen enough.

james harden is mvp this year. I am now officially rockets fans. Fk lakers.