Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Decent college freshman Ben Simmons 25's Avatar

Default Why does the IRS even really exist?

So we can perpetuate and sustain the military industrial complex which itself is a big reason we

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Default Re: Why does the IRS even really exist?

Just because you have colorectal cancer doesn't mean you don't need to eat.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Simmons 25
    I gotta believe the founding fathers would be rolling over in their graves over this very issue above all else.
    nah, they'd probably be preoccupied with all the negroes and wenches/possible witches in congress.

imagine if they teleported from the great meeting hall in the sky to like 2014 'murrica when barack hussein obama was running the show. george washington would've died again from a heart attack.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeBlackDude
    nah, they'd probably be preoccupied with all the negroes and wenches/possible witches in congress.

imagine if they teleported from the great meeting hall in the sky to like 2014 'murrica when barack hussein obama was running the show. george washington would've died again from a heart attack.
    You are the most gigantic trolling asshole worthless poster.

RMWG... you’re right, but to fix the cancer you get surgery to cut that shit out to the largest extent you can get away with without dying.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Simmons 25
    You are the most gigantic trolling asshole worthless poster.
    run, nigguh! george washington!

A better question that I've been wondering: should we have to pay taxes when the government is shut down?

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    A better question that I've been wondering: should we have to pay taxes when the government is shut down?
    i mean, essential services are still operational. TSA is working with deffered payment. air traffic control is operational.

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    i mean, essential services are still operational. TSA is working with deffered payment. air traffic control is operational.
    But they aren't actually being paid. Congress and President are being paid but we have not just workers not being allowed to work but workers currently working for nothing. We currently repay them for their services through the local food bank, not taxes.

But they aren't actually being paid. Congress and President are being paid but we have not just workers not being allowed to work but workers currently working for nothing. We currently repay them for their services through the local food bank, not taxes.
    i thought some of them were being deffered payment? i,e they won't get paid until shutdown stops, but they are earning money...just won't get the checks during the shutdown.

i thought some of them were being deffered payment? i,e they won't get paid until shutdown stops, but they are earning money...just won't get the checks during the shutdown.
    But when does the shutdown end? There is no set date for that, it's indefinite. Ever have a friend who promised to pay you back when he had the money? Well, you may be that friend, but regardless the point is there is no end in sight. No one has any idea when government will resume it's normal function. McConnell may have to lead the Republicans against Trump for that to happen. I don't think he's going to do that in the immediate future.

I don

But when does the shutdown end? There is no set date for that, it's indefinite. Ever have a friend who promised to pay you back when he had the money? Well, you may be that friend, but regardless the point is there is no end in sight. No one has any idea when government will resume it's normal function. McConnell may have to lead the Republicans against Trump for that to happen. I don't think he's going to do that in the immediate future.
    over under that government shutdown is no longer active past feb 15?

i don't see the shutdown lasting that long.

[QUOTE=Ben Simmons 25]So we can perpetuate and sustain the military industrial complex which itself is a big reason we

over under that government shutdown is no longer active past feb 15?

i don't see the shutdown lasting that long.
    We have no idea. I wouldn't bet on the shutdown going into March but it's currently the longest ever and we aren't seeing progress in negotiations. Pelosi called the Wall "immoral" (I'd say it's extremely stupid but not necessarily "immoral") meanwhile Trump is all about saving face. I'm confident Trump doesn't care about the unpaid workers and suspect their struggles are only a political football for the Democrats, if Trump didn't own the shutdown so idiotically I bet they would have conceded something but with only Trump taking the PR hit they are able to be just as stubborn about this if not more so. So when do we get progress? We seem forced to wait on the Republicans abandoning the most powerful leader in their party, who most of them are still scared to cross.

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Military spending is less than 18% of the budget.
    This is a bit of a loaded question, but how much do they bring in?