Banned

Default Re: One on One: Jordan vs. LeBron

Quote Originally Posted by Richie2k6
    Because Shaq >>> The World.
    1 on 1 yes.

Cuba

Quote Originally Posted by -primetime-
    ok if there is no ref and no rules then you are right...Shaq could just punch Jordan in the face and knock him out every play...
    So in your world of one on one, the game only takes place in a gym with a ref, or in prison where shanking or punching your opponent in the face is perfectly legal.

why would shaq need to dribble?...this is basketball isn't it?
    Yes, one on one basketball, he doesnt need to be dribbling like Hot Sauce or Iverson to get points, a simple turn and back down move would be fairly sufficient. I have a pretty good test, go find one so-so skilled 6"1 210lbs 10th grader who can only make close shots, and find the most talented 5"6 120lbs 6th grader you can, and see who wins.

the last time I checked you had to dribble the ball down the court if you want to get in shooting range...

oh wait...I forgot....there are no refs so shaq could just run holding the ball...my bad.

to think that Shaq has the ball skills to beat Jordan in a game of one on one is seriously one of the dumbest things I have ever heard here...the fact that you think it is funny to think that MJ would win is really sad...

Ok, it's even more obvious now that you actually dont play basketball.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by abuC
    you tried to sell me on Jordan running a 4.3 40yd once, so I know what Im debating with.
    I didn't try to "sell" you anything. I posted a Sports Illustrated article which said that he ran a 4.3/40 at UNC. Just like people say that Lebron runs at 4.4 or 4.3/40. Personally I take both with a grain of salt due to the inaccuracy of the measurements, but if you accept one, you have to accept both.

And I never acted like Bron is an "oaf," but if you don't think that Jordan could rip him once or twice, well...

Banned

-primetime-
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by thenextgreatbigman
    so he couldn't even dribble when he was young?

National High School Star SsKSpurs21's Avatar

Jordans trash talking alone would cause lebron to lose the game. he would be so far in lebrons mind, lebron wouldnt know what the hell is going on.

i say give lebron 5 years to showcase how well he develops in his prime...then you can make solid comparisions once lebron has shown more to strengthen his case better.

Quote Originally Posted by abuC
    LMAO, there would be a ref in a one on one game, are you serious? Who cares if he's capable of making a jumpshot, the point is that MJ would not be able to stop Shaq from backing him down to the point Jordan is standing under the hoop. This is nearly a 180lbs weight difference, it's the equivalent of two Jordan's leaning on one Jordan, according to some of you just one Jordan is all that is needed to tear the fabric of space and time.

Why would Shaq need a dribble, he outweighs Jordan by nearly 2x, that is an absurd amount of weight difference. There is no amount of leverage MJ can gain to stop that much weight from pushing him around, he would need to snare Shaq's foot in a bear trap and tie the other end to a Ford F-150 to pull Shaq out of the paint.

Im literally cracking up here, I cannot believe how ridiculous this post is. Im almost certain you dont play basketball.
    @ this entire post.

-primetime-
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

lmao at anyone who thinks shaq could handle jordan one on one...

seriously....delete thread

God

Jordan wins. You're underrating Jordan's defense, he was a lock down defender in his prime. 1 on 1 is also about jumpshooting a lot. Lebron may have a decent jumper, but Jordan had the best fadeaway in the game, and probably all-time. Jordan also has the passion to win that Lebron doesn't.

Final Score

Jordan - 21

Lebron - 13

College star

this is one of those "guy A did great recently so he's better than jordan" topics..

jordan would rip lebron a new *******, fact is, as good as lebron was the other night, and im not taking ANYTHING away from the kid, but even no names get lucky once in a while. lebron needs to repeat what he did more and more to even touch what jordan did

now lebron vs jordan 1 on 1? if we're talking prime vs prime, id take jordan anyday, only becauses mike reached deep down to rip yoru heart out. if he lost he took it as a personal insult against him, and he doesn't like being insulted

I usually hit open layups

Didn't Jordan play one on one with Rasheed Wallace back when Rasheed was still in North Carolina and Jordan owned the crap out of him? Rasheed had the size and strength advantage. But Jordan is Jordan...

NBA sixth man of the year picc84's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AznBBoyX
    Didn't Jordan play one on one with Rasheed Wallace back when Rasheed was still in North Carolina and Jordan owned the crap out of him? Rasheed had the size and strength advantage. But Jordan is Jordan...
    Didnt he make him cry too?

Banned

didn't shaq abuse sheed? Wasn't sheed like 230 in college, and wasn't jordan in his prime?
    Isn't shaq 10 times better than sheed even now?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AznBBoyX
    Yup. Some dude on here posted the story, and Jordan made Sheed literally cry. I've been trying to find out who told that story the first time, because I'd love to hear it again. A 39 year old Jordan also destroyed Kwame Brown in a one-on-one, though I realize Brown is no Shaq; still, it's evidence that big does not always trump small.

Good college starter EricForman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thenextgreatbigman
    That post explains it all, you don't play basketball.
    Do yuo know how wide shaq is? Getting around him is not an easy thing to do,
    Maybe you've never played basketball. If "being wide" is considered an advantage in "stopping drives". Then fat people would own streetball.

Get real. Not only could Jordan blow by Shaq off the dribble everytime, so could 80-85% of all guards in the league.

The only defense Shaq can do in a one on one vs a guard is to back off a few feet, and try to force them into taking a J. He cannot possibly move out on the perimeter and body a guard up. So if someone gets hot with the midrange J, and it's a winner's out.... Shaq could very get donut by a guard with a J.

Now if Shaq gets the ball, yeah Jordan can't guard him in the post too. And because of that, I'm not here to argue who would have won, I dunno, but I am telling you that you are WRONG and foolish to think "Shaq is wide, so Jordan wouldn't be able to drive by him"