Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
And I would have watched it. Im not saying its a dumb idea...im saying I think a lot of people begging for change arent giving due credit to the amazing playoffs/league the old way gave us. If im a Warriors fan with no real rivalries in living memory maybe I see it differently.

But ive always seen it as a chess match with the top teams. We all know the Thunder are built to beat the spurs. The Knicks built to beat the Bulls...as the Cavs attempted to do(allow me to laugh at the concept of a "Jordan stopper"...lol...laugh complete).

The Heat probably came together because of the Celtics...Wade and Lebron knew they had to beat the Celtics. Doug Christie was brought to the Kings...because they had to deal with Kobe.

I loved that they played 3 straight years. Got to see how all the moves were working out. Back when ISH had "die hard" Kings fans they were always acting like this move or that one would get them past the Lakers. Like Knick fans used to think about the Bulls. You know the Pacers made every move they did looking to knock off the Heat. And the Heat in turn signed Oden hoping he could minimize hibberts impact. Didnt need him i nthe end....but such things interest me.

There is a lot of strategy to building a team to defeat someone you know is in your way.

There are things to lose....and things to gain.

Id support the new system. Watch it like always.

But id miss some of the tinkering, most of the rivalry issues, and the history that goes with it.
I appreciate those things. Other side of the coin? Maybe teams just try and build their own style of team to the max, and we have more defined stylistic teams in the playoffs. But also, teams would still have to adjust. You need a wing defender for Lebron right now, no matter your conference. Things like that. I also like the meta adjustments too like you pointed out.