Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-06-2008, 11:58 AM   #16
Optimus Prime
Swaggy

Optimus Prime has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: KOBE V SHAQ once again..

I second this post.

The NBA went from at the NBA Finals to intriguing, must-watch TV in the span of what...6 months? I'm thinking of getting cable/dish/whatever just so I can relish in all this NBA goodness!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
I was just about to make a thread about this.

The NBA in the span of a week has become infinitely more interesting.

The two biggest rivals in one of the leagues biggest rivalries with team that could now potentially win the whole thing, unless of course the Spurs regain form or the Jazz or Hornets go nuts in the playoffs.

At first I thought losing Marion for this old truck was a bad idea, but then I got to thinking a little deeper:

What is harder to find, an energy guy who disappears in the playoffs or the best big of his era with four rings.

Phoenix needs a winner, they have the team concept already in place, Shaq's mere presence makes Amare lethal and will open things up for Nash to manoeuver and the 3 point bombers to let loose.

Shaq being slow is overrated, Phoenix doesn't run with five guys and they want Shaq anchoring the defense anyways. Now Barbosa et all can cheat a little more in the lanes and get on the break that much quicker.

Me rieky a rot
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 12:05 PM   #17
Allstar24
NBA lottery pick

Allstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBABaller
I wouldn't be surprised seeing the Suns with Shaq ousting the lakers for the third straight time out of the playoffs
You're an idiot if you think that. These Lakers aren't the same team that got eliminated by the Suns for the past 2 years. This team can win in a blowout with Kobe scoring 6 pts. The Suns couldn't control them with Bynum and now they have Bynum AND Gasol to worry about. To top it off, they get rid of one of their better defensive players and add a declining Shaq to their line-up. If they meet in the playoffs and the Lakers are healthy, Suns have no chance...Shaq or no Shaq.
Allstar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 01:22 PM   #18
Kobe=MVP07`
Local High School Star

Kobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy
Very true. Lets not forget that the 80s Lakers had Kareem Abdul Jabbar up until he was 42 years old. Its not like he was running up and down the court full speed every time down the court.

diff body types...
and kareem had a skyhook that stood the test of time ..he could come play today and avg 10 pts also....

shaq however, no longer can employ is once-good foot work..
Kobe=MVP07` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 01:30 PM   #19
guy
NBA All-star

guy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe=MVP07`
diff body types...
and kareem had a skyhook that stood the test of time ..he could come play today and avg 10 pts also....

shaq however, no longer can employ is once-good foot work..

Thats not the point though. My point is a big man that is better suited for a slower offense can still play for a team with a run and gun offense just like the Lakers did with Kareem. The skyhook has nothing to do with that. Its not like the 80s Lakers were running fastbreaks that ended up with Kareem putting up a skyhook regularly. But I do know its not exactly the same thing, cause Shaq is alot more injury prone then Kareem was.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 02:12 PM   #20
saucy05
I airball my layups

saucy05 has an OK reputation so far

I'm hoping for shaq to get his mojo back just for one more year, so that the lakers can whoop phx's ass with out excuses.
damn it's gonna be a fun play-off this year.
saucy05 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: