Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Decent college freshman bruceblitz's Avatar

Default Mark Jackson: "The NBA needs to change the logo to Michael Jordan"

Wow! The first Mark Jackson statement on player rankings and all-time perspective that I agree with! Kudos to Mark Jackson!

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Default Re: Mark Jackson: "The NBA needs to change the logo to Michael Jordan"

Leave it Jerry West, it's a good logo.

NBA lottery pick

Jordan > Jerry

Jordan Logo > Jerry Logo

People who will quote me as Captain Obvious < Me

7-time NBA All-Star OneMoreSucka's Avatar

Completely disagree.

Decent college freshman bruceblitz's Avatar

Imagine the Jordan logo as the new NBA logo, I think that would be a great P.R. move for the NBA. Keep the Jerry West logo somewhere in their marketing but use the Jordan logo more predominantly.

Nope, its disrespectful.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

If the NBA wants to buy it off Nike for the billion dollars they'd charge, sure.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

It would be tough to do without sending a subtle message that Nike owns the NBA. Plus, if you really want to honor Jordan, just name the MVP trophy after him or something...Don't change a logo that has no problems with it. I don't want to go see a massive overhaul of NBA stadiums/courts, jerseys, shirts, warmups, socks, sneakers, etc. just to update the logo. It just seems like wasted money.

Yeah, they definitely should, although I really like the logo now, but Jordan is GOAT, so it should be reflected in the logo. But I have no problem with it staying as Jerry West.

Hustle Loyalty Respect Knicks101's Avatar

Mutombo wagging his finger should be the logo. Either that or the Shimmy of course.

I'd leave it like it is. Why change it?

Banned

Change a globally recognized logo ? thats stupid

Certified ISHiot.

The logo needs to be left alone, it's a classic. If it must be changed though, here's what it should look like:

same mark jackson that has been sayig for years that kobe is a better player than mj ever was?????

The logo was never supposed to be the best player in the NBA. Dont change it.