Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Banned

Default Re: ISH About To Lose Their Minds

so the proof that there arent different races is that we're all human?

there infact are differing dna traits that specify what ethnic back ground and part of the world you come from.

you can get a test done for like 80-100$. you just mail them a cotton swap with your saliva on it

so yes... there is such a thing as races. its visually and scientifically proven

"Race is Socially Construct" meaning that it was created through human thought and interaction. Created especially in the Colonial Ages by the Europeans to separate different color of skin. Don't we all have 48 chromosomes?

We are in fact... "all human".

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NBAGOAT
    "Race is Socially Construct" meaning that it was created through human thought and interaction. Created especially in the Colonial Ages by the Europeans to separate different color of skin. Don't we all have 48 chromosomes?

race has nothing to do with being human or not

i dunno how this is a breakthrough at all

race is dna traights.

everyone knows this... did the scientist think each ethnic background was a different species before doing these "tests"?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NBAGOAT

So they did a study to prove something that's already been proven? We already knew we are all the same species, race is just different genetic traits.

different subgroups of humans have evolved in the exact same way on every single place on Earth over the course of thousands of years

literally liberal creationism

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsmasher
    different subgroups of humans have evolved in the exact same way on every single place on Earth over the course of thousands of years

literally liberal creationism

This is basically what it is.

The irony is they're always the ones taunting fundamentalists for thinking that if gays are recognized and treated equally it'll bring the downfall of society.

Meanwhile liberals guard and protect the "equality" myth like it's a diamond-crusted golden goblet with immortality juice inside.

The FDA recognizes race in its guidelines due to the CLEAR variance in how dietary and medicinal factors effect populations differently.

But dat social construct doe

Local High School Star gilalizard's Avatar

I don't know if it's true, but this is the rationale for the argument as I understand it:

All of our genetic diversity is something like .5%.

Given the time frame of only a few hundred thousand years (at best) back to each of our most recent common ancestors (male and female), there simply hasn't been enough evolutionary time for enough variation to develop that justifies different scientific classifications.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Most_r...ommon_ancestor
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitochondrial_Eve
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Y-chromosomal_Adam

Purely scientifically speaking, there is not enough variation for a "race" sub-classification.

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    So they did a study to prove something that's already been proven? We already knew we are all the same species, race is just different genetic traits.
    He addressed that in the video.

If you're ethnicity isnt 100% sub-saharan Africa, then you have Neanderthal genes, meaning you have another species in your DNA.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by gilalizard
    I don't know if it's true, but this is the rationale for the argument as I understand it:

All of our genetic diversity is something like .5%.

Given the time frame of only a few hundred thousand years (at best) back to each of our most recent common ancestors (male and female), there simply hasn't been enough evolutionary time for enough variation to develop that justifies different scientific classifications.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Most_r...ommon_ancestor
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitochondrial_Eve
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Y-chromosomal_Adam

Purely scientifically speaking, there is not enough variation for a "race" sub-classification.

Okay, fine. I mean it really doesn't matter. Everyone knows the ways in which people are similar, and the ways people are different. Is it any mystery that we can all reproduce together? Is it also any mystery that most people can be easily discerned as predominantly of recent caucasian, negro, or asian background? Whether you call it race or not really doesn't matter. The quotation "I can't define it, but I know it when I see it" applies here.

The funny thing is, the liberals are pushing this just to antagonize anyone who believes differently, but there are no overt conservative political efforts based on the idea of racial classification. Whereas if we follow through on the "race doesn't exist" theory then we need to remove it from all school, census, and job application forms. And we need to chastise every media outlet that reinforces this erroneous social construct in their headlines and in their reporting.

Somehow though... I see a double standard a-comin down the tunnel.
    Last edited by Akrazotile; 08-03-2015 at 10:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    Whereas if we follow through on the "race doesn't exist" theory then we need to remove it from all school, census, and job application forms.
    Yeah, we probably should, but they use that data to try and discern patterns of discrimination, I would guess. Or it keeps the government statisticians happy.

I wonder what a US naturalized white South African marks off. They're technically African American. Same with a North African Arab who migrated to the US.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Marchesk
    Yeah, we probably should, but they use that data to try and discern patterns of discrimination, I would guess. Or it keeps the government statisticians happy.
    What do you mean?

If those boxes don't exist, nobody can be discriminated against because of their... uhh, I don't know what word to use. Since race doesn't exist. But whatever it is, it will be unknown when the application is submitted.

If we declare race nonexistent, then racism will also be nonexistent.

Lez do it yall!

Local High School Star gilalizard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    Okay, fine. I mean it really doesn't matter. Everyone knows the ways in which people are similar, and the ways people are different. Is it any mystery that we can all reproduce together? Is it also any mystery that most people can be easily discerned as predominantly of recent caucasian, negro, or asian background? Whether you call it race or not really doesn't matter. The quotation "I can't define it, but I know it when I see it" applies here.

The funny thing is, the liberals are pushing this just to antagonize anyone who believes differently, but there are no overt conservative political efforts based on the idea of racial classification. Whereas if we follow through on the "race doesn't exist" theory then we need to remove it from all school, census, and job application forms. And we need to chastise every media outlet that reinforces this erroneous social construct in their headlines and in their reporting.

Somehow though... I see a double standard a-comin down the tunnel.
    Yeah, I don't see it as a "liberal" thing though. I see many who consider themselves rational-minded libertarians repeating it too.

It's just science. How it's used politically is going to depend on who is trying to benefit. If it comes to be accepted as "common sense" alongside being scientifically accurate, I have no doubt conservatives will try to find some way to spin it to advance their own ideology.

If anything, it falls more in line with the old conservative trope of "I don't see race".

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by gilalizard
    Yeah, I don't see it as a "liberal" thing though. I see many who consider themselves rational-minded libertarians repeating it too.

It's just science. How it's used politically is going to depend on who is trying to benefit. If it comes to be accepted as "common sense" alongside being scientifically accurate, I have no doubt conservatives will try to find some way to spin it to advance their own ideology.

If anything, it falls more in line with the old conservative trope of "I don't see race".

Yeah, I feel ya.

So do you want to break the news to the FDA or should I?