Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: How Much More Does Steph Curry Have To Do To Be a Top 10 All Time PG?

Quote Originally Posted by Just2McFly
    Paul had a season where he shot over 50% from the field, had more steals per game than turnovers, averaged 11.6 APG and his second best player was David West... you guys are FOOLING yourselves if you think that Curry is playing like the second greatest PG of all time...

Calling my opinions asinine because I think for my self.
    Curry is currently shooting over 50% while averaging over 30 PPG, something Paul could never dream of.

Curry is already more accomplished than CP3, AND he has a better peak.

Default Re: How Much More Does Steph Curry Have To Do To Be a Top 10 All Time PG?

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    Curry is currently shooting over 50% while averaging over 30 PPG, something Paul could never dream of.

Curry is already more accomplished than CP3, AND he has a better peak.
    If you are calling these two months a peak then, Kobe has the greatest peak in modern NBA history... you need to go to bed.

Paul had a season where he shot over 50% from the field, had more steals per game than turnovers, averaged 11.6 APG and his second best player was David West... you guys are FOOLING yourselves if you think that Curry is playing like the second greatest PG of all time...

Calling my opinions asinine because I think for my self.
    I think you're opinions are just biased when it comes to players from Golden State, Boston, and New York. At least from what I've read from you over the years. Not that there's anything wrong with some bias, we all have it, but look at this way...

Steph is on path to become the 3rd PG to win MVP (while deservingly so for both), while being a complete offensive juggernaut both individually and for his team. I've never seen a PG that can score and shoot the ball the way Steph has. His ability to get where he wants and to get his shot off is something that hasn't been seen before... All while shattering the single season records for 3's in a season and playoffs. On pace to shatter the all-time 3 point record if he stays healthy.

The only major critcism for him as a player is his defense, which he isn't a total liability either. He's average and is certainly isn't asked to anchor a defense or is asked to guard the other teams best player. Obviously nobody should expect that. Everything else ? Does it at an above average and elite level.

If he has another top playoff run with a title and the season he has been having.... honestly speaking even Magic and Oscar aren't a tier above him.

Banned

He's still not there yet

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

If you are calling these two months a peak then, Kobe has the greatest peak in modern NBA history... you need to go to bed.
    Why would you ignore last year....a clear cut MVP season combined with a playoffs of 28/5/6 61%TS en route to the title.

Nobody mentioned has bested that at their peak. As good? Perhaps, but nobody has bested that since Magic imo.

Then, when you factor in this year so far, by your own admission better than anyone you listed...

There just isn't any reason not to list Curry up there in terms of peak.

It's his longevity that is the question going forward...his best/peak is already as good or better than any pg since Magic.

I'm talking about last year and this year.

You think Gilbert Arenas is better than Steph ****ing Curry, so it's hard to take you seriously on the subject.

you guys make me sick...Did Jason Kidd/Steve Nash/CP3/Zeke/Payton not exist?

Holy ****

nigguh Did Steve Nash/CP3 lead his team to a ring?

NAH. In fact, CP3 never gotten MVP....

Just going to say that I hope you guys keep this same tone. Because some of you will turn on Steph and call him a fraud.

Go STeph!

Just2McFly is toooo f*cking salty in this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    Just2McFly is toooo f*cking salty in this thread
    You're a really objective poster. I guess you only troll when it comes to Ames Haren and the ROckets.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    PG is arguably the weakest position historically. He's easily already top 10 for me. Longevity really isn't much of an issue. When it comes to building a championship team, I'd easily take him despite his only 6-7 year career over every PG ever except for at most 9, which would make him top 10. Same reason I would take Magic and Isiah over Stockton, Kidd, and Nash despite the fact that there careers were only about 2/3 as long.
    Shooting guard is FAR FAR weaker historically.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    Lebron has played as much point guard as Steph has these last phew years...we might as well start comparing Steph to two guards because the role he plays is similar to that of a premiere perimeter player.
    This year I'd agree, not last year.

NBA lottery pick

Here are Curry's per 100 stats along with a few other well know guys, sorted on points per game, which is a curry biasing stat, I'm fully aware.

The only years I see here at a glance I'm liking over Curry last year was 09 Chris Paul and 87 Magic just glancing at the per 100 data. People forget how many minutes curry sat out because his team was up 20 in the 4th.

play at this level for like 5+ years

Peak or best player wise, u can make a case that Steph is a top 3 PG of all time. Right there with Magic and Big O. In terms of GOAT status, he needs to put up at least four more great seasons. As much as I love Steph, u can't put him above guys like Kidd, Stockton, Payton, Nash, Cousy, Tiny, and CP yet. Let alone the big three in Magic, Big O, and Zeke.

A HUGE part of GOAT status is longevity being a great player. Total career numbers (not averages) are a huge indicator of how great a player was. If Steph retired today, his TOTAL CAREER NUMBERS wouldn't be HOF worthy.