Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: How Much More Does Steph Curry Have To Do To Be a Top 10 All Time PG?

And yeah, in terms of peak, he's already top 3.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Default Re: How Much More Does Steph Curry Have To Do To Be a Top 10 All Time PG?

Quote Originally Posted by Just2McFly
    you guys make me sick...Did Jason Kidd/Steve Nash/CP3/Zeke/Payton not exist?

Holy ****
    None of those guys were as good as Curry has been so far this year...and when you combine it with his level last year...it's not a fluke.

Like I said...he has to do it for a long period of time in order to enter the conversation in terms of all time rankings because being durable and doing it for 10 plus years is a huge part of being great.

But just talking about his peak so far? Last season and this year? He's played the game at a higher level than any of the guys above did.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    None of those guys were as good as Curry has been so far this year...and when you combine it with his level last year...it's not a fluke.

Like I said...he has to do it for a long period of time in order to enter the conversation in terms of all time rankings because being durable and doing it for 10 plus years is a huge part of being great.

But just talking about his peak so far? Last season and this year? He's played the game at a higher level than any of the guys above did.
    He had a good year last year but you guys are acting like he was shitting on people left right and center.... dude averaged 24 PPG....

To act like Nash in 06/ CP3 in 08/Kidd in 02 weren't on another level is ludicrous...

If he keeps this up for a whole season.... then he's better than them for sure... but he's notorious for disappearing (i.e. last finals) and we all know he's not gonna be this hot for the whole year. I feel like the hype is getting to everyone's brain. Like dont get it twisted, he's amazing...but you guys need to give it some damn time. He's in his seventh season and you guys are saying he's better than the all time steals leader... dudes that make up the top 5 in assists all time... like consistency is everything.

I wonder if people were like T-mac is a top 5 SF ever after 04

He had a good year last year but you guys are acting like he was shitting on people left right and center.... dude averaged 24 PPG....

To act like Nash in 06/ CP3 in 08/Kidd in 02 weren't on another level is ludicrous...

If he keeps this up for a whole season.... then he's better than them for sure... but he's notorious for disappearing (i.e. last finals) and we all know he's not gonna be this hot for the whole year. I feel like the hype is getting to everyone's brain. Like dont get it twisted, he's amazing...but you guys need to give it some damn time. He's in his seventh season and you guys are saying he's better than the all time steals leader... dudes that make up the top 5 in assists all time... like consistency is everything.

I wonder if people were like T-mac is a top 5 SF ever after 04
    I said this year...not last year.

I said his play last year leads me to believe it's not a fluke...as always, I'll wait until the the year is over, but even without his improved play this year...he was on par with anyone that has played pg since Magic last year.

As to the other stuff...you clearly didn't read my post where I clearly said, 3 times now in this thread, that he has to do it for a long time.

Like...please take 10 seconds and read the posts you are responding to. This was in the post you just responded to;

Last edited by DMAVS41; 12-23-2015 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    I said this year...not last year.

I said his play last year leads me to believe it's not a fluke...as always, I'll wait until the the year is over, but even without his improved play this year...he was on par with anyone that has played pg since Magic last year.
    I can't take this kind of talk seriously. Come on B.

Nash had a season where he averaged 19PPG, 11 APG shot 53% from the field, 46 % from 3..... you guys need to stop the lies.. and the sad this is that was 07 so it wasn't even an MVP year for him.

Nash had a season where he averaged 19PPG, 11 APG shot 53% from the field, 46 % from 3..... you guys need to stop the lies.. and the sad this is that was 07 so it wasn't even an MVP year for him.
    Current Curry and last year Curry was better than Nash ever was. Sorry...

you guys make me sick...Did Jason Kidd/Steve Nash/CP3/Zeke/Payton not exist?

Holy ****
    Nah, as with your Westbrook > Durant talk, you are completely blinded by your delusions... none of those guys (besides Paul imo) were/are close to peak Curry.

Just deal with it..

I remember you having more of these asinine opinions, by the way.

Paul had a season where he shot over 50% from the field, had more steals per game than turnovers, averaged 11.6 APG and his second best player was David West... you guys are FOOLING yourselves if you think that Curry is playing like the second greatest PG of all time...

Calling my opinions asinine because I think for my self.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    You're the same person who said Gilbert Areanas was better than Curry.

Try to be a little more objective. Any reasonable fan should be able to see Curry is a historically great player.
    ahh yup, thats the guy... but we're the ones who make him sick Classic over emotional way of arguing to try to make his weak point stronger.

I mean, now 2002 Kidd is supposed to be on another level than current Curry? Borderline retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    Nah, as with your Westbrook > Durant talk, you are completely blinded by your delusions... none of those guys (besides Paul imo) were/are close to peak Curry.

Just deal with it..

I remember you having more of these asinine opinions, by the way.

Now Nash isn't even close to Peak curry? I'm done.

Paul had a season where he shot over 50% from the field, had more steals per game than turnovers, averaged 11.6 APG and his second best player was David West... you guys are FOOLING yourselves if you think that Curry is playing like the second greatest PG of all time...

Calling my opinions asinine because I think for my self.
    You yourself just said Curry is playing better than Paul ever played if he finishes the season like this.

Your problem is that you aren't realizing how good Curry was last year...a year in which he did finish it off. His year last year was as good or better than any of the peaks of the players you listed.

So, his peak, is as good or better than anyone since Magic already imo...this year just adds more to that. I think one could argue Paul's peak maybe being better than Curry last year...and I might not argue much...I just think Curry brings a more valuable skill set to winning...especially in the playoffs.

Now, in terms of all time rankings...he needs to add the longevity to match the peak.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    ahh yup, thats the guy... but we're the ones who make him sick Classic over emotional way of arguing to try to make his weak point stronger.

I mean, now 2002 Kidd is supposed to be on another level than current Curry? Borderline retarded.

lmfao.. get em bruh

3-time NBA All-Star

PG is arguably the weakest position historically. He's easily already top 10 for me. Longevity really isn't much of an issue. When it comes to building a championship team, I'd easily take him despite his only 6-7 year career over every PG ever except for at most 9, which would make him top 10. Same reason I would take Magic and Isiah over Stockton, Kidd, and Nash despite the fact that there careers were only about 2/3 as long.

Quote Originally Posted by richi
    what i always wonder is if all these where in there prime would you honestly take them over curry? like you really saying you rate cp3 at his peak over curry now?
    Op's question about career , not peak or prime .

Lebron has played as much point guard as Steph has these last phew years...we might as well start comparing Steph to two guards because the role he plays is similar to that of a premiere perimeter player.