Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Local High School Star Kobe=MVP07`'s Avatar

Default In 5 years from now, who will be a top team?

We all know anything can happen, like have 2 superstars traded to you [cough boston]

but in 5 years when all those "old good teams" have retired who do you think will be up there fighting it out in the conference finals?

In the west, i think the logical choices would be:

Portland -they will all be entering there primes, ODEN ROY and the pices around them

Horntets:Very yong now, nothing should happen but improvement in 5 years maybe a FA a draft pick..

Jazz: see hornets

Lakers: Kobe will be 34 [think MJ at 34] gasol will be 32 if lamar is here he will lalso be 32, and a healthy bynum should be coming into his prime, playoff experience will be high

East:

Orlando: no explanation needed if they can keep an improving dwite in his prime

the next 3 are more difficult.

Miami: Dwade with rose/beasly and a FA when marion leaves..

NY or NJ: Any team Lebron is on will be a top team

Pistons: i give enough respect and credit to joe dumars that when this group retires he would of slowly transitioned the pistons into a new group

Default Re: In 5 years from now, who will be a top team?

I'm pretty certain the Lakers will be there. Bynum obviously is the key. I have a feeling they"ll make a strong pitch for LBJ and perhaps even offer Bynum and Gasol for him because reportedly, Jerry Buss loves LeBron and thinks of him as his favorite player in the league.
    I have a feeling he"ll give the Cavs whatever it takes. And then whatever stays there with LeBron will still make a great team.

But step by step, shall we. The team as it is, absolutely is elite in 5 years.
    Kobe still a great all star, Bynum probably also an all star and Gasol and Odom if they stay will be what, 31-32 yrs old. Things are looking okay.

sixers

I can see the Jazz being a consistent Top 4 seed in the West for years to come. I'm itching to say the Hornets too, but I'll hold off on that for now. Really, the only "sure-shot" team I see there (5 years from now) is the Jazz.

Loserville USA FireMcFailPlease's Avatar

Wolves when we get Rose and Jefferson

West: Portland
    East: Atlanta

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

I have no idea. Probably New Orleans if they sign Paul to an extension. Portland if Oden heals fully, and doesn't become this decade's JO with injuries. Five years is a lifetime in the NBA.

Dylan spits hot fire!

Portland is a good choice if they can keep that team together

Orlando just because by then Dwight should be destroying everything in his path

I'd say Atlanta but I just don't see the payroll being big enough to keep those guys together. Especially if Josh Smith hits the open market... someone will overpay him.

New Uni's 2010-2011 New Jazzy Nets's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe=MVP07`
    We all know anything can happen, like have 2 superstars traded to you [cough boston]
    at least they gave up something [cough Lakers]

new orleans and utah will be the next great rivalry in the west, portland and LAL will be in the background a little bit.

orlando looks like they've got a great future, cleveland will have james at the peak of his prime by that time, so those two teams.

new orleans/utah/orlando/cleveland

The teams with the best owners, and the smartest general manager/presidents....these guys have the on/off switch.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe=MVP07`

Lakers: Kobe will be 34 [think MJ at 34]

Ummm, no what makes you think that? Jordan being able to play at that level at 34 is absolutely amazing, and most superstars players have not been able to do that. Just because Jordan did it, does not mean Kobe will, especially because if Kobe did it, it would be even more amazing. Unlike Jordan, who started in the NBA at 21 and took almost 2 years off before he was 34, Kobe has been playing since he was 18 and unless he does the same thing Jordan did, which I doubt, in 5 years he will be in his 17th season. What makes you think he won't be like Larry Bird or Charles Barkley, who were more injury prone by that age in their careers? Who knows, he might even be retired by then. Its definitely a possibility but its far from certain.

I agree with most of your list though. I'm not so sure about Detroit and Miami though, cause even though Joe Dumars is a good GM, all teams usually go through downs after their ups, and Dwyane Wade is way too injury prone and I highly doubt he will be good as he is now. I'd also add Atlanta to that list, and Cleveland. I think the chances of Lebron staying with Cleveland are probably better then him leaving. I think regardless of New York getting Lebron or not, they will get their $hit together by then and be a top team.
    Last edited by guy; 05-15-2008 at 02:03 PM.

Portland will be great if Oden develops as he should.

Lakers will still be there or there abouts and whatver team has Lebron at that age will be a serious contender.

Decent college freshman Silverbullit's Avatar

As long as Dirk plays the Mavericks are a playoff team.

Money makes the world go round, so nobody knows what will be in five years.

Blazers

Any team Lebron plays for

Lakers will be like the Spurs are today