Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Do people honestly believe that Kobe is clutch?

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus
    He definitely is. Those who watched him since his rookie season have seen it over and over again. He never falters under pressure. I don't even recall him choking at the FT line. I'm sure he missed a few here and there, but in terms of pure choking that most superstars have on their resumes, I cannot think of an important game that he choked away at the free throw line.
    The entire '04 Finals

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by aburre21
    I just want you guys' honest opinion. Do you actually think Kobe is clutch? And what made you believe that he's a clutch player? It can't be watching him play, because he's missed way more than he's made...so what is it?
    Do you honestly think that hes not?? Just because someone is not in their prime anymore doesnt give you the right to start diminishing his past play on the court. Similar to how as time goes by people take more and more jabs at Magic and Bird.

30 years from now there will be threads titled "Was Magic and Bird really ever considered top 10 players???"

I do. Being clutch is a lot then just making a shot. It is about having the stones to take that last shot with two or three defenders all over you. It is about having the stones to take that final shot, when everybody is doubting you to take that shot. Kobe is clutch to me because he did not give a darn what you thought of him or if he missed the last 20 shots. You knew that he was going to make that next shot. RegarlessRegardless of who was on him or how many players were on him, Kobe was going to shoot that final shot. That is clutch to me.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JellyBean
    I do. Being clutch is a lot then just making a shot. It is about having the stones to take that last shot with two or three defenders all over you. It is about having the stones to take that final shot, when everybody is doubting you to take that shot. Kobe is clutch to me because he did not give a darn what you thought of him or if he missed the last 20 shots. You knew that he was going to make that next shot. RegarlessRegardless of who was on him or how many players were on him, Kobe was going to shoot that final shot. That is clutch to me.

Amen brotha

QFT

Yes, without question.

I look at it like this. Fans who are betas and easily brainwashed by the media will continue to think Kobe is clutch. Smart and informed fans who can actually think for themselves know that Kobe is one of the least clutch superstars in NBA history. The numbers prove this as fact, and youtube highlight videos won't change that. As for those who say clutch is only about having the balls to take difficult shots, that is just dumb. If that were the case JR Smith and Nate Robinson would be viewed as two of the most clutch players of all time.

Kobe's clutch ability has been overstated at times. He's not Michael.
    But can someone explain to me why Lebron fans are in here talking shit? Fans of the guy who had the single most embarrassing collapse of any superstar in NBA history in the finals, and whose finals opposition guarded him by daring him to shoot?

kobe is super clutch during regular season games...but that's as far as his clutchness goes..

derek fisher is the real clutch gawd

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    Kobe's clutch ability has been overstated at times. He's not Michael.
    But can someone explain to me why Lebron fans are in here talking shit? Fans of the guy who had the single most embarrassing collapse of any superstar in NBA history in the finals, and whose finals opposition guarded him by daring him to shoot?

lebron's a ***** sometimes but you can't really call him a choker anymore..stats/results from past 2-3 years will back that up

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

No notable playoff moments.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    No notable playoff moments.
    http://youtu.be/wYZaGWUTIl0

http://youtu.be/2TimXoo7QJs

http://youtu.be/J60b5Pyudc4

http://youtu.be/OXMy6zmSsNo

Next

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Companies and sites that started to track clutch shots took away that myth.