Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    9x All Defensive 1st And1AllDay's Avatar

Default Re: Could Pau Gasol win a Championship?

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen

there's really no difference between Lakers Pau and Bulls Pau, and we all saw how weak he looked in the playoffs..

Pau Gasol in

2010: 20/11/4 with 2.1 blocks on 54%
    2015: 14/9/3 with 2.1 blocks on 49%

Yep, clearly the same! lol

The difference between a 20/11/4 on 54% and 14/9/3 on 49% is lol

20 ppg scorers in 2015 = DeRozan, Butler, Lillard

14 ppg scorers in 2015 = Wilson Chandler, Avery Bradley, Robert Covington

Never mind the 2 more rebounds 1 more assist and 5% better FG lol

Im not an idiot. I just think that Dirk would be a contender like kobe with that laker roster. and vice versa for kobe with that 2011 dallas roster.
    i think there is nothing wrong with that.

I didnt watched the whole lakers palyoff series, but i watched the finals in 2009 and 2010. i thought gasol played really good defense. And again you are underrating dirks defense between 2005 and 2011. But its ok.

I think you are right about lebron due to phils system. But Durant in 2010 was an all nba first team player and averaging like 28ppg? But i guess he was too unexperienced that days.

And lets not pretend that kobe would rock the playoffs with the mavs roster from 2006-2010. Or with gasol roster in memphis. stay real.

i dont understand what is so hard to assume? every great player needs a decen second option for a deep run. look at duncan since 2003. look at MJ who plays with 2 prime HOF for his rings. looks at James with Bosh and Wade.
    nothin wrong with that.
    Pau Gasol played phenomenal in 2009 and 2010. whats wrong about assuming it?
    And comparing 2009-2010 pau with 2015 pau is not fair. why there should only be for kobe or duncan a time excuse? pau is 5 years older and much much much slower than in his b2b2 chips
    Last edited by pastis; 08-08-2015 at 05:04 AM.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by And1AllDay

Pau Gasol in

2010: 20/11/4 with 2.1 blocks on 54%
    2015: 14/9/3 with 2.1 blocks on 49%

Yep, clearly the same! lol

The difference between a 20/11/4 on 54% and 14/9/3 on 49% is lol

20 ppg scorers in 2015 = DeRozan, Butler, Lillard

14 ppg scorers in 2015 = Wilson Chandler, Avery Bradley, Robert Covington

Never mind the 2 more rebounds 1 more assist and 5% better FG lol
    are you this stupid..

you just proved my point for me.. I literally said we all saw how weak he looked in the playoffs.. and then you brought up his playoff stats

Pau had career highs in 2015 regular season, and then shrunk in the playoffs, as he always did without Kobe.. you don't realize ho much playing with Kobe benefited Pau..

he looked lost in certain post season games, he looked like 2013 playoff Pau..

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pastis
    Im not an idiot. I just think that Dirk would be a contender like kobe with that laker roster. and vice versa for kobe with that 2011 dallas roster.
    i think there is nothing wrong with that.

I didnt watched the whole lakers palyoff series, but i watched the finals in 2009 and 2010. i thought gasol played really good defense. And again you are underrating dirks defense between 2005 and 2011. But its ok.

I think you are right about lebron due to phils system. But Durant in 2010 was an all nba first team player and averaging like 28ppg? But i guess he was too unexperienced that days.

And lets not pretend that kobe would rck the playoffs with the mavs roster from 2006-2010. Or with gasol roster in memphis. stay real.

i dont understand what is so hard to assume? every great player needs a decen second option for a deep run. look at duncan since 2003. look at MJ who plays with 2 prime HOF for his rings. looks at James with Bosh and Wade.
    nothin wrong with that.
    Pau Gasol played phenomenal in 2009 and 2010. whats wrong about assuming it?
    Dirk with that roster would have Fisher and Farmar as his best guards.. lmao with no rim protector either.. that team isn't winning a series in the playoffs..

the lakers were built around a guard, you can't just swap him for a PF and expect them to be as good

I never said anything about Kobe doing well on the Mavs roster, I wouldn't expect a team built around a PF to be any good if you swap him for a SG

Pau was an awesome second option nobody is denying that, there have been many as good or better, it's not like we are talking about the 96 bulls or the 87/86 Lakers & Celtics or Russell's Celtics..

we are talking about a team built specifically around a certain player with a certain skillet.. and these Lakers had very little depth and not much 3pt shooting..

well, i thought Lamar as Dirk replace and Gasol as C?
    you are right with he guard position tough.

yes, MJ, Bill russel and Bird had always loaded teams.