Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Westbrook similar class physical specimen like Big-O or Magic?

Westbrook is a 6 foot 2.25" freak athlete. 187 to probably 205+ pounds. One of the fastest, quickest players in the league, strong for his size and a great leaper. Also has a decent armspan of 6 foot 7.75"

But Magic was 6 foot 7.5" and Oscar Robertson was 6 foot 4.75" and both of them were 220+ basically the size of a power forward and a strong small forward and not many players of any era save for each other could effectively match up to their strength and size at the 1 spot.

Westbrook doesn't have the size but does his athleticism put him in their tier as far as physical specimens that played almost exclusively the point guard position?

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Default Re: Westbrook similar class physical specimen like Big-O or Magic?

Was Magic an amazing "specimen?" He was the biggest pg anyone had ever seen but it was more like seeing a forward with court vision and handles than someone physically amazing. Pip for example was almost as big but blew him away in the athletic department and there have been a number of players for whom that would also be true. Magic is more a case of a big guy with a skill set no one else his size had.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    Westbrook is a 6 foot 2.25" freak athlete. 187 to probably 205+ pounds. One of the fastest, quickest players in the league, strong for his size and a great leaper. Also has a decent armspan of 6 foot 7.75"

But Magic was 6 foot 7.5" and Oscar Robertson was 6 foot 4.75" and both of them were 220+ basically the size of a power forward and a strong small forward and not many players of any era save for each other could effectively match up to their strength and size at the 1 spot.

Westbrook doesn't have the size but does his athleticism put him in their tier as far as physical specimens that played almost exclusively the point guard position?
    WHy do you shrink every athlete down besides Wilt?

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    Was Magic an amazing "specimen?" He was the biggest pg anyone had ever seen but it was more like seeing a forward with court vision and handles than someone physically amazing. Pip for example was almost as big but blew him away in the athletic department and there have been a number of players for whom that would also be true. Magic is more a case of a big guy with a skill set no one else his size had.
    As a player that played almost exclusively point guard, yes I believe so. Let's take players that played at least more than half of their careers as point guards. So, excluding guys like Jerry West who played only 1/4 or so at that spot or LeBron who played only a season at that spot.

Magic and Oscar are predominantly known as point guards. They could and did play other positions extremely proficiently due to their versatility as many players do over the course of their careers, but they were mostly point guards. I think to be Magic's size or Oscar's size and to have the dexterity and timing necessary to play point guard the majority of their careers at the level they played it at makes them dominant physical specimens for that position, yes. Do you disagree?

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan
    because he's a biased moron?

I state the without shoes heights I've learned of all athletes, I don't shrink anyone.

I state the without shoes heights I've learned of all athletes, I don't shrink anyone.
    Literally every single player you have ever listed you adjust their height down from the common consensus of their height, EXCEPT for Wilt which you adjust upwards....It's truly insane behavior.

Literally every single player you have ever listed you adjust their height down from the common consensus of their height, EXCEPT for Wilt which you adjust upwards....It's truly insane behavior.
    No, when discussing player physical data I mention players by their without shoes height. Including Wilt. Stop talking about other players doofus, this is a thread about Oscar, Magic, and Westbrook. Got any opinion on the actual thread topic?

No, every single player I discuss I list their without shoes height. Including Wilt. Stop talking about other players doofus, this is a thread about Oscar, Magic, and Westbrook.
    Don't have to lie to kick it. We are onto your shenanigans.

Got any opinion on the actual thread topic?

Odd comparison.

Google knows:

Quote Originally Posted by Marchesk
    Google knows:

You are ethering the OP right? Because the statistics he posted aren't matching up to those...

You are ethering the OP right? Because the statistics he posted aren't matching up to those...
    Westbrook, height without shoes 6-2.25":
    http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...estbrook-5062/

Oscar Robertson height without shoes 6-4.75":

Magic was measured to be 6 foot 7.5" without shoes during the 1992 Olympics.

I only compared their without shoes heights because their, and other players list heights aren't all created equally. (IE, Magic gets a 1.5" boost for his list height, but Oscar only a 0.25" and Westbrook only a 0.75"). If barefoot height is known in such a situation it makes for a better comparison of the players physically. If you disagree, please explain why.
    Last edited by CavaliersFTW; 08-05-2015 at 07:54 PM.