Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: peak Bird vs peak Lebron

Quote Originally Posted by SHAQisGOAT
    2:41 of QB-like passes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTI-Cmkp87A
    The speed, precision and length are crazy, show me Lebron doing those, Bird was a quarterback out there.

Even Magic amazed with Bird's passing:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9o66NdFDHEQ
    Show me Lebron doing some of those touch passes, touch catch-n-pass assists, some of those unbelievably flashy yet necessary passes, some of those where you don't see nothing happening then the ball hits the right guy on the spot.

15 minutes footage, blows everything by Lebron out of the water:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gqDadqF3Ns

"Larry Bird's the greatest passing forward in the history of the nba. There's no 2nd place, there's no 3rd place, just others recieving votes.": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbFNQoY8RFk

All of those videos combine for over 30 minutes of unreal passing footage, from a guy who played back in the 80s. Lebron can't really **** with that and that 10 minute video doesn't cut it.

Lebron's a great passer but seriously, only somebody who didn't watch Bird think LBJ's a better passer.

Testament to that is the fact that their passing numbers are quite similar and Bird handled the ball way less, never really played PG like Lebron does, never was that ball dominant also.

Plus the rules and strategies help Lebron a lot. Look at all the 3pt shooters he had around over the years, lots of them, Bird had like Ainge only. With Lebron's passing ability, will and athleticism it's easy to drive and dish, doesn't take all that much passing skills. Those 3pt shooters also spread the floor so less crowded to make passes inside or to drive. There's also rules like defensive 3 seconds in the paint and so on, less physicality. Assists are also given like free candy nowadays.
    Bird wasn't getting the type of easy assists that you dribble for 22 seconds then make a pass to a 3pt shooter at the last moment or things of that nature. Or looking away to a spot where there's no one after the pass is completed to make it look like a no-look pass or something, he had real flash that but used it if necessary.

/THREAD.

7/11/14 We Witness NattyPButter's Avatar

This thread is so dumb. The media and almost everyone is talking about Lebron possibly becoming one of the greatest. Guess who holds that spot? MJ not Larry Bird. Who do they compare Lebron to? MJ not Larry Bird. Who would most ppl pick to build a team around between Lebron and Bird? Most ppl and even old time players would pick Lebron not Bird. The Lebron hate has blinded many on ish.

Quote Originally Posted by NattyPButter
    This thread is so dumb. The media and almost everyone is talking about Lebron possibly becoming one of the greatest. Guess who holds that spot? MJ not Larry Bird. Who do they compare Lebron to? MJ not Larry Bird. Who would most ppl pick to build a team around between Lebron and Bird? Most ppl and even old time players would pick Lebron not Bird. The Lebron hate has blinded many on ish.

I don't hate Lebron, in fact I admire his game. Just because you're an ignorant young kid doesn't mean the thread is dumb or something.

If anything today's overhypeness of everything has blinded you. What you say about Lebron it was Kobe some years ago, that's how it is, think they would be talking about the greatness of a retired player? That's not the way you make money.

Most people who know their shit would pick prime Bird over prime Lebron, even though it's close.

7-time NBA All-Star

You do realize that Bird was called the best player ever by countless players, coaches and writers during the 80's, right? And the media hyping up the current best player is nothing new. I remember Mark Jackson talking about Kobe being better than MJ in 2006, Greg Anthony saying the same thing in 2008, and a variety of others.

But it sounds like you let the media do your thinking for you, particularly when it's convenient, so I don't know why I'm even bothering.

Learning to shoot layups

Peak Bird beats Jordan. /thread

Banned

You are so ignorant. Why do you think the media compares him to MJ?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I don't hate Lebron, in fact I admire his game. Just because you're an ignorant young kid doesn't mean the thread is dumb or something.

If anything today's overhypeness of everything has blinded you. What you say about Lebron it was Kobe some years ago, that's how it is, think they would be talking about the greatness of a retired player? That's not the way you make money.

Most people who know their shit would pick prime Bird over prime Lebron, even though it's close.
    I'm a 30+ year old grown ass man not some teenage boy. To call Lebron overhype shows your ignorance and bias towards.

Banned

I'm a 30+ year old grown ass man not some teenage boy. To call Lebron overhype shows your ignorance and bias towards.
    When you;re comparing him to MJ, and bypassing all the ATG players in the past, then hell yeah, he's overhyped.

The guy has 1 ring, and joined a superteam to get it. You are ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
    You do realize that Bird was called the best player ever by countless players, coaches and writers during the 80's, right? And the media hyping up the current best player is nothing new. I remember Mark Jackson talking about Kobe being better than MJ in 2006, Greg Anthony saying the same thing in 2008, and a variety of others.

But it sounds like you let the media do your thinking for you, particularly when it's convenient, so I don't know why I'm even bothering.
    can't claim Jordan the best when he had to get the merchandise to prove it first are u ppl serious or just plain dumb?

I rule the local playground Rondo's Avatar

It's fine to say LeBron's better than Bird. Just don't justify it with stupid BS like "he's a better passer & rebounder".

The media comparing LeBron & Jordan doesn't automatically mean LeBron is either the best or 2nd best player of all time. You don't hear the media talking about Kareem in that regard but he's still better than LeBron at this moment in time.

Quote Originally Posted by tikay0
    When you;re comparing him to MJ, and bypassing all the ATG players in the past, then hell yeah, he's overhyped.

The guy has 1 ring, and joined a superteam to get it. You are ignorant.
    you need to improve your reading comprehension. It's not me doing the comparison. My post straight said media and old time players

7-time NBA All-Star

can't claim Jordan the best when he had to get the merchandise to prove it first are u ppl serious or just plain dumb?
    This is your idea of the English language and you're calling us stupid? And why bother responding to my post if you're not going to address any of my points?

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooEELfpn2C8

Now Stop with the Lebron is an overrated passer.. He is one of if not the best Passing none PG of all time. One thing that all the people who play with Lebron say he is gets the ball to U so fast and right in your shooting pocket which gives the shooter the extra half second time to release shot. Beside's the Right pass he also makes the special pass as seen in this video which is not even of the past couple seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingwillball
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooEELfpn2C8

Now Stop with the Lebron is an overrated passer.. He is one of if not the best Passing none PG of all time. One thing that all the people who play with Lebron say he is gets the ball to U so fast and right in your shooting pocket which gives the shooter the extra half second time to release shot. Beside's the Right pass he also makes the special pass as seen in this video which is not even of the past couple seasons.

Said he was a great passer but if you say better than Bird as far as that, to me that's overrating him as a passer.

Again, 4 videos adding up to like 30 minutes of different footage, dude played in the 80s, with plenty of passes Lebron never made. Just the 1st video shows you how great he was, full-court passes with such precision, really fast, great length, even from below the backcourt which is extremely difficult, that's a QB arm. Then you see the touch passes, the catch-n-shoot passes, the flashy yet "necessary" passes, left handed passes, crazy passes before you even see it coming. Again if you saw Bird play considerably you'll never say Lebron's a better passer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTI-Cmkp87A
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbFNQoY8RFk

2:41 of QB-like passes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTI-Cmkp87A
    The speed, precision and length are crazy, show me Lebron doing those, Bird was a quarterback out there.

Even Magic amazed with Bird's passing:
    Show me Lebron doing some of those touch passes, touch catch-n-pass assists, some of those unbelievably flashy yet necessary passes, some of those where you don't see nothing happening then the ball hits the right guy on the spot.

15 minutes footage, blows everything by Lebron out of the water:

"Larry Bird's the greatest passing forward in the history of the nba. There's no 2nd place, there's no 3rd place, just others recieving votes.": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbFNQoY8RFk

All of those videos combine for over 30 minutes of unreal passing footage, from a guy who played back in the 80s. Lebron can't really **** with that and that 10 minute video doesn't cut it.

Lebron's a great passer but seriously, only somebody who didn't watch Bird think LBJ's a better passer.

Testament to that is the fact that their passing numbers are quite similar and Bird handled the ball way less, never really played PG like Lebron does, never was that ball dominant also.

Plus the rules and strategies help Lebron a lot. Look at all the 3pt shooters he had around over the years, lots of them, Bird had like Ainge only. With Lebron's passing ability, will and athleticism it's easy to drive and dish, doesn't take all that much passing skills. Those 3pt shooters also spread the floor so less crowded to make passes inside or to drive. There's also rules like defensive 3 seconds in the paint and so on, less physicality. Assists are also given like free candy nowadays.
    Bird wasn't getting the type of easy assists that you dribble for 22 seconds then make a pass to a 3pt shooter at the last moment or things of that nature. Or looking away to a spot where there's no one after the pass is completed to make it look like a no-look pass or something, he had real flash that but used it if necessary.
    Just stop it. Lebron has made long passes too.
    Idiots like you think athleticism isn't part of the game of basketball.
    I have no problem if you say that bird did more with less(one of the reasons i like bird) but to say that lebron hasn't made the passes bird made or to say that lebron passes don't count because he is most athletic just shows how dumb your argument is. Go watch batsmen in Cricket if all you want is timing and skill and no athleticism. Talking about athleticism as a minus point in a sports like basketball is just retarded.
    Show me a pass that bird made which you think lebron hasn't made. i will show you a very similar pass.
    I don't even argue with people who say that they would take bird over lebron as it is too close to call but as a passer lebron is better even though by a very little margin and it is very clear to anyone who watched them both without any bias.
    Watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KT-zhe-5ORA
    Tell me which pass bird made that he hasn't made and i will show that pass too in case it is not in that video.
    Last edited by Rose'sACL; 05-23-2013 at 11:46 PM.