Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Good college starter NZStreetBaller's Avatar

Default is this the worst lakers team ever???

I have watched live basketball pre kobe bryants early days.
    Yes kobe is a legend but hes past his prime but man the whole team is just awful. Awful players awful chemistry awful defense awful offense. Take kobe out of the line up and this team could potentially go 0 - 82.

I hate to say it but dayum. Besides kobe they literally have nothing offfense defence. Nothing

Very good NBA starter

Default Re: is this the worst lakers team ever???

Lin and Davis looked better than Kobe tho?

Learning to shoot layups

Lakers gave the Clippers a run for their money and literally lost the majority of their talent to injuries before game 1 of the season was even over.

For having a 36 year old Kobe, a bunch of mediocre roleplayers and being stuck in a ridiculously competitive conference they don't look that bad. They are kind of performing as expected up to the predictions of any Lakers fan who has half a brain.

We were struggling to win games with Kobe and Dwight - I don't understand how people are actually getting off to putting down a team with an aging superstar and a handful of dudes who could be sent to the D League.

with that MPC swing. Brokenbeat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I Love the Game
    Lakers gave the Clippers a run for their money and literally lost the majority of their talent to injuries before game 1 of the season was even over.

For having a 36 year old Kobe, a bunch of mediocre roleplayers and being stuck in a ridiculously competitive conference they don't look that bad. They are kind of performing as expected up to the predictions of any Lakers fan who has half a brain.

We were struggling to win games with Kobe and Dwight - I don't understand how people are actually getting off to putting down a team with an aging superstar and a handful of dudes who could be sent to the D League.
    What's hard to understand? Any team that's been as dominate as the Lakers have been gets kicked while they're down.

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by Brokenbeat
    What's hard to understand? Any team that's been as dominate as the Lakers have been gets kicked while they're down.
    I suppose. As a Lakers fan it hurt a lot more to see Jackson not get hired and the Dwight/Kobe team look atrocious together all year long - now that season was actually painful.

I think we can all admit expectations have been and are extremely low for this current roster. I'm just enjoying watching Kobe do his thing and just moved 1 train stop from Staples and ticket prices are super affordable when we are this bad

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Well last year's was the worst in recent memory and they replaced Jodie Meeks with a more ball dominant/worse sg.....so yeah

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

lin, ed davis and jordan hill are all good enough and everyone else is a scrub including kob and im saying that as a dude thatd suck kobe knob if he were to present it to me

with that MPC swing. Brokenbeat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I Love the Game
    I suppose. As a Lakers fan it hurt a lot more to see Jackson not get hired and the Dwight/Kobe team look atrocious together all year long - now that season was actually painful.

I think we can all admit expectations have been and are extremely low for this current roster. I'm just enjoying watching Kobe do his thing and just moved 1 train stop from Staples and ticket prices are super affordable when we are this bad
    Just scroll up to see how hard they try to get under your skin, lol. What they don't realize is that they actually hold the Lakers to a higher standard than they do most other teams. That's why they enjoy seeing them lose more than the perennial losers in the league. It's basic psychology and easy to laugh at once you know where it's coming from.

High School Starter

Lin average to max above average.
    Kobe washed up has been but even then he is their best player
    Wes Johnson is terrible
    Boozer is another has been playing on his last legs
    Hill sux

Bench is farcical outside of Ed davis
    Last edited by disel; 11-01-2014 at 04:25 AM.

Next Great White Hope QuebecBaller's Avatar

what about the Smush/Kwame/Mihm era?

The worst Lakers team ever was the 57-58 team that won 26.4% of it's games, doing that today would mean winning 22 games.

So will this current team win 21 or less ? It's possible, but I don't think they will be quite that bad. More like 25-28 wins.

Good college starter SwayDizzle's Avatar

Give it some time. This is a new group of guys that still need to get to know each other on the court and understand their roles on the team. If they don't let these early losses get to them, they may turn out decent.

Local High School Star Magic731's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by QuebecBaller
    what about the Smush/Kwame/Mihm era?
    Still had a prime Kobe putting up 35 a game with his eyes closed.

Good college starter SwayDizzle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Magic731
    Kobe can still put up big numbers. He will get into form within 10 games.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Magic731

really???? EYES CLOSED?????