Default Brighter future: LA or Philly

Which team will be a legit contender first?

Lakers have Randle, but they're LA. If the cap goes up as much as it's expected too then LA will be able to sign multiple max salary free agents. They also will have a top 5 pick this year.

Sixers have Noel, Embiid, and yet another top 5 pick coming this year. They have MCW who has some trade value and can net something solid in return. They also have some decent, cheap young players in Hollis Thompson and Hank Sims who can be solid role players in the future.

Default Re: Brighter future: LA or Philly

And sixers got my niggah tony wroten.

Sixers.

Quote Originally Posted by IncarceratedBob
    Which team will be a legit contender first?

Lakers have Randle, but they're LA. If the cap goes up as much as it's expected too then LA will be able to sign multiple max salary free agents. They also will have a top 5 pick this year.

Sixers have Noel, Embiid, and yet another top 5 pick coming this year. They have MCW who has some trade value and can net something solid in return. They also have some decent, cheap young players in Hollis Thompson and Hank Sims who can be solid role players in the future.
    Lakers. They actually have some people in the front office that care about winning. Philly is a big mess (which pisses me off, because I used to root for them years ago).

Quote Originally Posted by smoovegittar
    Lakers. They actually have some people in the front office that care about winning. Philly is a big mess (which pisses me off, because I used to root for them years ago).
    Yes, Mitch is an elite front office exec but Jim Buss is a moron.

Philly, and not just because I'm rooting for them.

It's the discipline in continuing the tanking. The 76ers have it and the Lakers don't. In Philly, we're pretty much on board with the tanking. The 76ers brass has communicated it to the fans, and we've grown to accept it as the price to return to title contention, but I don't think LA's fans know this or will accept this.

A lot will depend on MCW, Noel, Embiid, Saric, and now Wrotten and Mcdaniel panning out, but we will have another top pick this coming off season, and we're highly flexible to sign top FA's when we want to.

You have to squint a little, but it looks like the 76ers will be dominant again sooner rather than later. Watch out for Noel this season!

Tough call. I think Philly in the short term, Lakers long term. Philly is just exiting a successful tank session a few years long, they have nice young pieces. Lakers are just entering rebuild with only 2 new young pieces in Clarkson and Randle and not much else. Embiid>Randle when it's all said and done. Lakers will either need to pray for Durant or Westbrook or grab a talented prospect in the lottery.

Quote Originally Posted by COnDEMnED
    Tough call. I think Philly in the short term, Lakers long term. Philly is just exiting a successful tank session a few years long, they have nice young pieces. Lakers are just entering rebuild with only 2 new young pieces in Clarkson and Randle and not much else. Embiid>Randle when it's all said and done. Lakers will either need to pray for Durant or Westbrook or grab a talented prospect in the lottery.
    Just to correct you a little bit. A lot of fans not close to the situation in Philly think we've been tanking forever. However, this is only Year 2 of our tanking, and we expect this to be the last year.

Embiid rejoins an MCW in his 3rd season, a Noel in his 2nd season next season. Saric may come over the year after next.