Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: West > Bryant is an arguable position.

Quote Originally Posted by bstickq1
    "It's not that it's a slow release, it's just telegraphed before he even gets into the shooting motion. He does fair better when he decides to shoot when he's realized he's hit an open spot as opposed to what looks like a pre conceived move to get a jump shot off."

Context bud.

He is a one guard though, not that it makes much difference for my post.
    He's a two-guard for the majority of his career, and a one-guard for a small portion of it. You knew that though, right? Of course you did

Don't worry about responding, I'll create your next response for you using your same bball IQ applied to Kobe Bryant: "Kobe is a 1 guard. His biggest weakness in the NBA today is his ball handling, versatility, and volume scoring. He's very one-dimensional. His passing and efficiency seems good tho - actually that's probably his best asset - but when he tries to dribble or score in volume he just doesn't seem to get the job done he looks slow and clumsy 90% of the time. - context bud" How was that? Pretty spot on right? Saying counter intuitive shit that makes no sense at all I love your posting style it cracks me up man
    Last edited by CavaliersFTW; 11-05-2012 at 02:41 AM.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    He's a two-guard for the majority of his career, and a one-guard for a small portion of it. You knew that though, right? Of course you did

Don't worry about responding, I'll create your next response for you using your same bball IQ applied to Kobe Bryant: "Kobe is a 1 guard. His biggest weakness in the NBA today is his ball handling, versatility, and volume scoring. He's very one-dimensional. His passing and efficiency seems good tho - actually that's probably his best asset - but when he tries to dribble or score in volume he just doesn't seem to get the job done he looks slow and clumsy 90% of the time. - context bud" How was that? Pretty spot on right? Saying counter intuitive shit that makes no sense at all I love your posting style it cracks me up man
    I thought he was a two guard, and then I googled after my post and the first result had two people saying he was a one guard. The arguments I presented were on the basis of him being a two guard, which was even referenced in the post that your best response to was that I was a sock puppet. As a way to deflect how I thoroughly destroyed one of your old time players with basically just common sense, your response of no substance whatsoever and unrelated to the actual context of my post was very well crafted. You'd have to be good at that though wouldn't you.

Edit: By the way, you'd have been better off rolling with the point guard aspect. Turns out this guy is 6'2". Yeah. Watch out Kobe.
    Last edited by bstickq1; 11-05-2012 at 03:00 AM.

I thought he was a two guard, and then I googled after my post and the first result had two people saying he was a one guard. The arguments I presented were on the basis of him being a two guard, which was even referenced in the post that your best response to was that I was a sock puppet. As a way to deflect how I thoroughly destroyed one of your old time players with basically just common sense, your response of no substance whatsoever and unrelated to the actual context of my post was very well crafted. You'd have to be good at that though wouldn't you.
    So you destroyed Jerry West by saying his shooting is slow and ball handling is good?

Let me destroy Lebron James, here it goes ehem;

Lebron's weakest part of his game is his passing ability, versatility on defense, and athleticism. His clutch is okay though, he definitely seems to be the player you want to take the last shot of a game. Oh, he's a 1 guard btw because sometimes google says so.

DAYUM HE JUST GOT OWNED

You must be laughing your ass off while typing up your deadpan responses I don't blame you they are actually really funny cause they are so far from the truth yet delivered as if serious

Edit: By the way, you'd have been better off rolling with the point guard aspect. Turns out this guy is 6'2". Yeah. Watch out Kobe.

Look out West, Kobe is way to big to handle!

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    So you destroyed Jerry West by saying his shooting is slow and ball handling is good?

Let me destroy Lebron James, here it goes ehem;

Lebron's weakest part of his game is his passing ability, versatility on defense, and athleticism. His clutch is okay though, he definitely seems to be the player you want to take the last shot of a game. Oh, he's a 1 guard btw because sometimes google says so.

DAYUM HE JUST GOT OWNED

You must be laughing your ass off while typing up your deadpan responses I don't blame you they are actually really funny cause they are so far from the truth yet delivered as if serious
    Google has lied to me again. The most accurate looking sources show him at 6'4" with a high wingspan, not to mention your picture. In reality Kobe is supposed to be only just over 6'4" from what I've read. Back on the primary subject though, your feverish dancing around what I actually said in my post is so skillful I am actually getting turned on at this point. I am reclining in my chair and you are giving me a sexy lap dance with your typing.

Edit: Actually, how you are reading my post is the same way you watch these highlights of old players :O
    Last edited by bstickq1; 11-05-2012 at 03:22 AM.

Good college starter TMacsOneGoodEye's Avatar

Not really. Put them against each other at their respective best times of their careers and Kobe would most likely have West looking like a UFC fighter trying to do math. West would look dumb.

Jerry West is a legend, a pillar of the early foundations of the sport, but he wouldn't be able to compete against the high-level athletes of today's NBA, of which, love him or hate him, Kobe is the best of.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    I got Kobe over Larry because Kobe can play defense where Bird was a liability on defense.
    What a bunch of a horse shit. Kobe had one great defensive season and that was the 2000 season. Before the back problems Bird was one of the best help defenders in the league. Kobe put in full consistent effort once in his entire career and beyond that he was a below average to above average defensive player player. He was never consistent after 2000. He would posture up occasionally and everyone would get on his nuts like he was actually doing it every game. There is no one more overrated defensively in the history of the the NBA than Kobe Bryant. You are one of the most biased clowns there is though, so what you have to say is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by TMacsOneGoodEye
    Not really. Put them against each other at their respective best times of their careers and Kobe would most likely have West looking like a UFC fighter trying to do math. West would look dumb.

Jerry West is a legend, a pillar of the early foundations of the sport, but he wouldn't be able to compete against the high-level athletes of today's NBA, of which, love him or hate him, Kobe is the best of.
    On the contrary, West would definitely be able to compete with today's athletes, and today's Kobe is just another example of why he would. Today's Kobe, at 34+, with a 16+ year mileage, with the exception of upper body strength, is nowhere near an elite athlete for the NBA's standards any longer, yet, he's doing more than fine. Let's not even go to Nash, who possibly wasn't athletically at West's level even in his prime, and he definitely wasn't there at 37-38. And Nash, unlike West, rarely really cared about defense, anyway.

Peak value wise and GOAT wise Kobe has passed West by frankly. West held the GOAT SG crown for the longest time until MJ came around. Pete, Monroe, Gervin, Thompson, Bing, etc. were all legends but none could get to West. It took a guy like MJ who had Dr. J type size and athletic ability and then combining that with many of West's traits to overcome the Logo. Kobe is the most similar to MJ and he for many of the same reasons has passed West by. West as of now is the #3 GOAT SG of all time. But don't sleep on D Wade who has a great chance to pass West by GOAT style. And peak value wise I got D Wade and even T Mac over Jerry. My top five SG's peak value wise are MJ, Kobe, Wade, T Mac, and West.

Local High School Star

maybe it arguable but no one will give shit because one is still balling while the other retired 80 years ago.

The problem I see with West up against other SG's of MJ's time or today will come down to skilled players who are also freakish athletes. West they say was really about 6'4. That's not a big SG but a good sized one. West was still very athletic and he's arguably the greatest shooter of all time. He was the total package in terms of being a great scorer, great defender, great rebounder, and great passer all in one. The only perimeter who were like that are MJ, Bron, Kobe, Wade, and Hondo. Guys like Big O, Magic, Kidd, Drexler, Pippen, Hill, Penny, Bird, and Barry are close but are lacking one of the traits. So West is in epic air in terms of what he bought to the table. But I would take MJ, Kobe, Wade and T Mac over West. Not saying West couldn't hold his own because HE COULD!

Lol, so Kobe is better because he would win in a one vs one today?

What matters is how much important a player was and how much impact he had on his time. Comparisons like this are useless.

Just noticed the eye LOL

3-time NBA All-Star Lakers Legend#32's Avatar

West was a better team player/teammate.