Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: George Karl (?) Named Coach of the Year

kosta koufos, corey brewer, and (to a much lesser extent) anthony randolph are all guys who were on the very end of their respective benches, before getting to denver. karl found a way to turn them each into productive rotation players.

lawson, iggy, gallo, farried, are all really good players, but to get them all to play cohesively, with a real identity.and an identity that plays to their strengths as a group.

most coaches wouldnt have been able to do the job karl has.

its a really unique group, and he got them playing really well together this regular season.

i think thibs did a better job this year, but karl getting it isnt some travesty. he did a great job this year.

Props to Karl. Denver really did overachieve.

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

thibs should have won it hands down. he did the most with the least. without rose and your team getting 45 wins. karl would be like 3rd. erik and scott don't count, give me a break. they have the best rosters in the league. my grandma who doesn't speak english could lead the heat and thunder atop their conference.

Not many here or anywhere thought Thibs would have won at the end of the season, it's only since the Nets lost to the Bulls that people are now saying he should have won.

This award should have been Spoelstra's, his team was a machine all season and it was much more than having the MVP.

Quote Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
    thibs should have won it hands down. he did the most with the least. without rose and your team getting 45 wins. karl would be like 3rd. erik and scott don't count, give me a break. they have the best rosters in the league. my grandma who doesn't speak english could lead the heat and thunder atop their conference.
    Are you a troll or a dumbass? I can't tell from any of your posts.

Quote Originally Posted by 305Baller
    Props to Karl. Denver really did overachieve.

Wow I was expecting either Thibs/Pops/Spo. Anyway, it's a regular season award so Karl kinda makes sense. Still, not the COTY.

GK deserved COTY and that just shows how good of coach Preacher Jackson is

Quote Originally Posted by kurple

CoY shouldn't be taken seriously. This award is not given to the best coach there is. This award is given to the coach that his team overachieved with some unexpected/extraordinary things. I was expecting Spo due to the 2nd longest W streak in the game of history. But George Karl was my other choice.

Decent college freshman

he sucks. they just run and gun during the regular season. if he were so great, he'd have some answers during the playoffs

This is so ****ing dumb.

How are people going to say he overachieved, when this ****ing team was predicted to be a top 2 seed prior to the season?

The GM is going to win Exec of the Year tomorrow, and he it was predicted that he would get that award even before the year (though Grunwald should've been and should win it).

Oh...he won 57 games with no all star (they were predicted for 60+).

They're super deep and talented team, and there's no excuse as to why they shouldn't be in the 2nd round at least. Yeah they lost Gallo, but that's the beauty of being deep...he's nothing but a non-star scorer really and a very inconsistent one.... and that's not why they lost.

I mean Karl had a lot to do with their success, but his schemes suck overall, but I can't buy this award if you say because he didn't have an all star...that's like hinting that he didn't have talent. He had what most people believed was the most talented team top to bottom in the league....Nugz fans claiming they had the sickest 1st 2nd and even 3rd units ever combined.

In fact, I don't even care that he got the award....whatever. I care that it should protect him from clearly deserving to be fired.