Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    Dunking on everybody in the park

Default Why do people hate on Jeremy Lin so much?

I think Lin proved that last year wasn't a fluke, with 2 great games so far. 21 points, 10 rebounds, and 7 assists? That's amazing, 2nd to Harden's 45.

So why do people hate on Jeremy Lin so much? Is it cause they are jealous that an Asian basketball player is better than them?

Banned

Default Re: Why do people hate on Jeremy Lin so much?

Quote Originally Posted by blood yes
    I think Lin proved that last year wasn't a fluke, with 2 great games so far. 21 points, 10 rebounds, and 7 assists? That's amazing, 2nd to Harden's 45.

So why do people hate on Jeremy Lin so much? Is it cause they are jealous that an Asian basketball player is better than them?
    This wouldn't be the first time. I don't see that much hate about him tho. He's a good player but not some superstar or something.

Decent college freshman

People got sick of Linsanity, ESPN and the media beat that thing into the ground. Not his fault, but that's the way it is.

He's overrated and people fail to mention how much he sucks when he goes against star PGs

Banned

I'm assuming because he's smart and Asian so he shouldn't be playing the brothers' game. He should be managing their finances.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

They hate the hype not him, it really just got to much hes a solid player but to much to soon

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller
    He's overrated and people fail to mention how much he sucks when he goes against star PGs

You sir, are an example of a Lin hater.

I'm guessing that an Asian raped you when u were a child, and that's why u hate Asians

I do not hate Lin, I hate the overrating of players today (not in comparison to those of the past, just in general).

Lin is talented but he is not on CP3/DWill level right now and I doubt he ever will be, but he was being presented as such by media outlets because of a string of good games and the fact that he was Asian (not trying to be inflammatory but it is what it is).

Once he started getting more defensive attention and people knew what to expect, he turned the ball over and his edge of being unknown was lost yet the excuse was that he was bound to have a few bad games, not that he maybe isn't as good as people thought.

I wish nothing but the best for him and Harden and hope they turn Houston into an exciting team to watch and a serious playoff contender. There are too many teams in the NBA that suck right now.

You sir, are an example of a Lin hater.

I'm guessing that an Asian raped you when u were a child, and that's why u hate Asians
    How do I hate Asians? Where are you getting these wild assumptions from?
    The guy is overhyped, people forget how one of the "most overrated PG" in the league put out legendary stats against him like it was mo williams defending him

AK47DR91
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by bmulls
    People got sick of Linsanity, ESPN and the media beat that thing into the ground. Not his fault, but that's the way it is.
    Lol, that was so 9 months ago. It only lasted 2 weeks max at its apex anyway.

And it was beyond basketball (Wallstreet, TMZ, etc) so I don't know how basketball fans can be so upset over it unless you love TMZ and gossip media yourself. We all know ESPN is half sports media and half gossip media nowadays.

Same reason they hate on Tebow and the Kardashians...oversaturation.

Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    Same reason they hate on Tebow and the Kardashians...oversaturation.
    Thought of Klhoe and oversaturation....threw up a little.

Scal
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Hmmm, tough question. Admittedly I am for one was unsure how he would respond in Houston - he had nothing to lose during Linsanity, and it was fun because a nobody led a team better than their superstar (and the fact that it was NYK, a team that seemed to have the luck of the Cubs).

I think people dislike the hype for the most part, the fact that he needs to prove himself (at least for a full season). I do believe he is an NBA starter, but there are so many good PGs at the moment, so simply being starter quality doesn't put you in elite company (as opposed to say an Allstar C).

I think there is some racial motivation there as well to an extent, especially if he is Yao-ed into the Allstar 5.

The way he plays.. It doesnt look smooth. But thats just me.

National High School Star

I don't like that he left the Knicks after the team gave him a opportunity. He hasn't even played a full season and looking to get offers from other teams

I WANT LIN TO FAIL