Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    High School Varsity 6th Man Connor B's Avatar

Default Mature discussion: 3 rings, 3 FMVPs, 4 MVPs vs. 5 rings, 2 FMVP, 1 MVP

Those are the 3 most important accolades any given player can have, in my opinion. The latter represents Lebron's resume if the Heat were to 3-peat, while the latter represents Kobe's current resume.

We can argue about skill, killer instinct, clutch factor, etc. for hours but in the end that's pretty subjective.

What we do have in concrete is accolades.

So, based on that,

Which is better? I want a mature discussion. I am not a stan of either player. My instincts tell me Lebron's accolade line would be better. But I can be convinced otherwise.

I want to hear honest and mature opinions on this, because this will obviously be a very big argument going forward in terms of where to place these two players all time.

I am going to sit back and listen and I will read through all your posts even if they are long.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Default Re: Mature discussion: 3 rings, 3 FMVPs, 4 MVPs vs. 5 rings, 2 FMVP, 1 MVP

You're seriously asking for a mature discussion of LeBron and Kobe?

Default Re: Mature discussion: 3 rings, 3 FMVPs, 4 MVPs vs. 5 rings, 2 FMVP, 1 MVP

How is this even a question?

More rings as the clear leader, more MVPs, better overall stats.

Kobe is a good player but LeBron is clearly better.

No disrespect to Kobe fans but dudes been overrated his entire career. His stats are nice but nothing amazing (poor mans MJ).

3 rings 3 fmvps 4 mvps is better to be fair and honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge
    You're seriously asking for a mature discussion of LeBron and Kobe?
    get the fvck outta here with your instigating trash talk

You're asking for a bit much here, considering this is ISH

Decent playground baller Black Mamba's B's Avatar

Bron has an impressive resume as does Kobe. Kobe should have more mvp awards than 1. Bron could or should arguably have more rings. You won't get a mature discussion out of this thread. And maybe we should wait till they both retire, this topic has been beaten to death already

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin
    get the fvck outta here with your instigating trash talk
    Why are you so hostile? Chill bro.

At the end of the day the name of the game is winning rings, 5 vs 3. This is elementary son.

Quote Originally Posted by IncarceratedBob
    How is this even a question?

More rings as the clear leader, more MVPs, better overall stats.

Kobe is a good player but LeBron is clearly better.

No disrespect to Kobe fans but dudes been overrated his entire career. His stats are nice but nothing amazing (poor mans MJ).
    I respect your opinion, but must voice my descent with your sentiments. While Lebron may have good statlines and knows how to stroke the egos of his teamates, Kobe is a true alpha who has the balls to take the shot at the culmination of basketball, and is a wolf amongst puppies. Puppies get victimized and whine like Lebron, wolves feast like kobe. Kobe may be forgotten, but his time will come again.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatCoolKid
    I respect your opinion, but must voice my descent with your sentiments. While Lebron may have good statlines and knows how to stroke the egos of his teamates, Kobe is a true alpha who has the balls to take the shot at the culmination of basketball, and is a wolf amongst puppies. Puppies get victimized and whine like Lebron, wolves feast like kobe. Kobe may be forgotten, but his time will come again.
    Yes you're right. I just realized that LeBron couldn't get any of his team accolades without two Hall of Famers at his flank. It's quite sad that he couldn't win in Cleveland after promising it. Kobe promised that he would take the Lakers back to promised land if they chose him over Shaq and he delivered.

Kobe is undoubtedly more impressive than LeBron James. LeBron colluded with other stars to earn his hardware. Kobe colluded with hard work and determination.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Why are you so hostile? Chill bro.

At the end of the day the name of the game is winning rings, 5 vs 3. This is elementary son.
    Horry > Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFreeman
    Horry > Jordan
    Spoken like a child. Please go castrate yourself.

Yes you're right. I just realized that LeBron couldn't get any of his team accolades without two Hall of Famers at his flank. It's quite sad that he couldn't win in Cleveland after promising it. Kobe promised that he would take the Lakers back to promised land if they chose him over Shaq and he delivered.

Kobe is undoubtedly more impressive than LeBron James. LeBron colluded with other stars to earn his hardware. Kobe colluded with hard work and determination.
    Irrational Lebron stans are gonna tell you about Kobe being carried by Shaq and a dominant frontcourt of Gasol/Odom/Bynum, so...yeah unfortunately it cuts both ways.

three rings as the main option, with four mvps vs. two rings as the main option and one mvp that doesn't even belong to him. i'll let you decide.

Spoken like a child. Please go castrate yourself.
    snitch.