Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: LeBron Deserves a Pass For This One.

Quote Originally Posted by atljonesbro
    There's no way you're going to play through a cramp. Cramped up, came back out and tried again, then cramped once again. Gave it his best effort, no need to risk an injury and hurt his team by being out their with a cramp.

He gets a pass.
    This is expected from a fan of the most mediocre team in the league

Quote Originally Posted by SwishSquared
    He's had an odd predisposition to cramping in the past but I'm going to give him a pass here (maybe he needs to take a potassium tablet at halftime or something to help him). It's clear that there was no way he could have played in the fourth. I mean at best he could stand in 1 spot and shoot jumpers and not even get back on D, but what's the point.

That being said, both teams played through the conditions as best they could and the game certainly turned once LBJ left. Can't help it if your body betrays you. For anybody comparing flu games to this, that's not well-informed. I've played with a veryyy high fever/awful flu and was the most active guy on the court. Cramp immobilizes muscle(s), which you can't "just play through" as easily.
    And tell me the underlined part isn't an agenda for LeBron contesting MJ's GOAT title.

Basketball Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Odinn
    And tell me the underlined part isn't an agenda for LeBron contesting MJ's GOAT title.
    that dude's statement was just ridiculous

dirk caught the flu in the 2011 finals and was sidelined for almost the entire game. his bench had to carry him into the 4th quarter where he took over. but this guy expects us to believe that he was "the most active guy on the court" under similar conditions?

Quote Originally Posted by Beastmode88
    So if bran played with a cramp and won he would be GOAT but leaves game he gets a pass? Isiah Thomas played with a broken ankle like a warrior. Imo spo is to blame by the amount of playing time LBJ had, pop literally rotated their main roster for minimal minutes in the 3rd and 4th quarter. If you can't take the heat then maybe he needs to take his talents to..?
    You can't play through a cramp. The muscle basically contracts and doesn't relax. Just stays like that, hurting like hell.

I'm considered a Jordan stan here, you cannot play through a cramp. Simple as that. It's reality. If you don't want to accept reality then you're the one with an agenda.
    Last edited by jstern; 06-06-2014 at 12:41 AM.

I am your soldier!

Quote Originally Posted by Just2McFly
    How can anyone say he's faking a cramp? You can literally see a muscle cramping up
    You can't see under his shorts and tights.

Good High School Starter DFish24's Avatar

Decent college freshman

I'm not sure what you mean. Maybe I posted in wrong thread? I read somewhere people talking about flu games. I was just posting about the near-unbeatable effects of cramping. I'm not an LBJ stan, so I have no horse in the "dispute MJ GOAT race."

Quote Originally Posted by jstern
    I'm considered a Jordan stan here, you cannot play through a cramp. Simple as that. It's reality. If you don't want to accept reality then you're the one with an agenda.
    It's not about that.

The dude compared himself and the game he had been playing in to an NBA Finals game which would be one of the most competitive games.

You can not play through a cramp. And there is a high possibilty of passing out while playing with a flu/fever.

I am not even saying LeBron should have continued. Like I've already said LeBron deserves a pass. But his agenda and attempt were so obvious and so off. There is no point of bringing out the flu game.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBe
    that dude's statement was just ridiculous

dirk caught the flu in the 2011 finals and was sidelined for almost the entire game. his bench had to carry him into the 4th quarter where he took over. but this guy expects us to believe that he was "the most active guy on the court" under similar conditions?
    I played the 2nd greatest game of organized basketball of my life with the flu. I couldn't care less if you didn't believe me. You know that certain illnesses/conditions affect people differently, right? That's like saying just because two guys have foot injuries and one plays through it and the other doesn't, then one guy is tougher than the other.

EDIT:
    The dude compared himself and the game he had been playing in to an NBA Finals game which would be one of the most competitive games.
    I have no agenda, if this is aimed at me. Never equated Finals games to my non-pro games. Somebody earlier mentioned flu and they tried to equate that illness=cramp, which we all know doesn't. The only takeaway I have from this game is a little disappointment that both teams weren't at full strength for the finish. We finally have a series that projects to be entertaining, which compared to the conference finals is all we can ask for as bball fans. Personally thought the game was great to watch.
    Last edited by SwishSquared; 06-06-2014 at 12:51 AM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by cltcfn2924
    Give Pop some credit. He didn't care about the lead in Q3. Everybody sat. Who was fresh at the end? Spo needs to figure out you don't win a game in 3 quarters. Badly outcoached.

When all else fails, blame Spo.

Everyone reacts differently playing with such temperature but Lebron himself is known to have cramped up alot of times in his career when dehydrated and in a overheated arena situation like this in the Finals with a player who at the same time plays more physically/agressively (even more so in the playoffs/finals) and simply more than anybody it was kindof a bummer but at the same time not surprising to me when he cramped up imo.... He tried coming back though, Miami were up in the 4th when he went out, then he came in again and immediately scored with that nice cross on Diaw, cramped up there again not being able to move. I dont know how the defense / offense would have looked for Miami if he was fine, but it felt like Spurs would have probably won anyways as they started to hit alot of 3pt shots there at the end ridicilously quick, with 1-2 mins left Lebron would have needed to respond with a swift 15-20 points to tie/win the game.....

1-0 is not a big deal for Miami, they have lost Game 1 in 2012 and in 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    When all else fails, blame Spo.
    Alwayz

Cramps can be pretty ****ing bad. Anyone know where specifically he was cramping?

Very good NBA starter

Even if there WASN'T inclement weather, Lebron shouldn't be slammed for having a bad game. It happens, even to the best. What's funny, however, is King James tendency to be all dramatic and shit. "They trying to smoke me out dog!" , "I need some colder water!", etc.