Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Default Re: The difference in big men between LA & MIA isn't as astronomical as people think

Quote Originally Posted by Jacks3
    Obviously, the discussion is about a match-up in the playoffs. Bynum has been wholly unimpressive there.

2009--Averaged 6/3
    2010--Averaged 9/7

And he's always injured. Talking about what he does when healthy is pointless.
    Even on one leg Bynum was a factor, him just being in the middle is a huge plus for the Lakers. He clogs the paint and makes it very tough for teams to get open looks inside. Him being active caused Boston all kinds of problems. Game 7 was proof of that.

Local High School Star barbaroi's Avatar

Default Re: The difference in big men between LA & MIA isn't as astronomical as people think

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
    When Pau was out ... doesn't mean he'd continue to average that because he's an inconsistent player.
    Only reason Bynum is inconsistent is because of minutes and touches. When Bynum is given 35 or more minutes he has averaged 18.2pts/11.0reb/2.0blk on 60.8%. When Bynum has been given 15 or more FGA, he has averaged 22.4/10.7/1.6 on 58.2 FG%.

You guys need to stop trying to convince yourselves LA doesn't have a dominant frontcourt. The Lakers' frontcourt averaged 44.1ppg/29.4rpg/7.8apg/4bpg last year. Miami's frountcourt hasn't got a shot in hell of getting close to that. And that's not even taking into account the defensive impact of two true 7 footers patrolling the paint. The only thing that could derail the frountcourt is injury.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    Even on one leg Bynum was a factor, him just being in the middle is a huge plus for the Lakers. He clogs the paint and makes it very tough for teams to get open looks inside. Him being active caused Boston all kinds of problems. Game 7 was proof of that.
    Yeah, the Game 7 where he played a whole 18 minutes, went 1-5 from the field, scored 2 points, and grabbed 6 rebounds. Domination!
    And every center with decent size clogs the paint, but he's not really a good defender at all. I mean, if you watched the WCF you could see Phil and other Laker players screaming at him and shaking their head at his total lack of defensive awareness and rotating ability.

Root Of All Evil

Yeah, the Game 7 where he played a whole 18 minutes, went 1-5 from the field, scored 2 points, and grabbed 6 rebounds. Domination!
    And every center with decent size clogs the paint, but he's not really a good defender at all. I mean, if you watched the WCF you could see Phil and other Laker players screaming at him and shaking their head at his total lack of defensive awareness and rotating ability.
    This dude actually knows what he's talking about ...

This dude actually knows what he's talking about ...
    Are you serious? all that guy does is suck on Kobe's nuts and tries to downplay his supporting cast. He certainly doesn't know what he is talking about.

Root Of All Evil

Are you serious? all that guy does is suck on Kobe's nuts and tries to downplay his supporting cast. He certainly doesn't know what he is talking about.
    You suck off Bynum ... whats the difference? Bynum isn't all that great.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Most under rated Laker is Odom.

AS a PF he runs and dribbles the length of the floor , takes it to the hoop and rebounds.
    Even if the teams were to be even - Odom is the difference maker.

Who is over rated : Bynum (simply because of injury)

This dude is a big body , and if he is ever healthy - he as well is a difference maker , on the boards as well as low post (3 foot shots)
    ---------------

I am not a Laker fan , and if I were to ra-ra for either of the teams it would be the Heat... but the advantage is the Lakers frontline.

Now if we want to talk about the wing - advantage Heat.

Banned

Look through the history books and tell me how many teams won titles without an inside presence on both ends.

Very good NBA starter

Yup. U mad. Get off Bynum's dick, dude.

Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

It's what he averaged in the playoffs basically, on one leg. Everybody knows a healthy Bynum can give you a good 17 and 10 on any night. Hell he averaged 20 and 10 when Pau was out.
    True.

You suck off Bynum ... whats the difference? Bynum isn't all that great.
    Suck off Bynum how? by stating the obvious of what he brings to the table? please. Pretty pointless argueing with somebody who said Gasol isn't a low post player.

Yup. U mad. Get off Bynum's dick, dude.
    How ironic, you of all people telling somebody to get off somebody else's dick. You are the biggest Kobe dickrider on this board.

Very good NBA starter

How ironic, you of all people telling somebody to get off somebody else's dick. You are the biggest Kobe dickrider on this board.
    No, not really. Kobe is my favorite player, but I don't go around wildly overrating him like you do with Bynum. My opinions concerning Kobe are entirely reasonable. But keep sucking off the dominant unstoppable 9/7 beast Bynum!

Stay Strong Droth

Quote Originally Posted by New York Knicks
    Look through the history books and tell me how many teams won titles without an inside presence on both ends.
    One, the Bulls (well six).

But you can argue MJ was the interior presence on offense.

I can't think of any others.

This is one of the reasons MJ is the G.O.A.T.

Banned

No, not really. Kobe is my favorite player, but I don't go around wildly overrating him like you do with Bynum. My opinions concerning Kobe are entirely reasonable. But keep sucking off the dominant unstoppable 9/7 beast Bynum!
    Not sure if serious.