Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Smile, you're on ISH Crystallas's Avatar

Default Re: M Beasley is a SF

His height and weight for being 19 years old match him up as a PF. Some of you make fine points about him coming into the leage undersized for the position, but there is no way in 2-3 years that Beasley will be a SF.

He is a versitile player, and he can/will be used on whatever matchups the team needs.

Barkley was a great example at 6'6" Although I prefer Ben Wallace at 6'9" as a better example of why an inch doesn't matter when it comes to playing a position natively. I really don't know why this is being argued. Beasley is a PF, plays his best when he is at the position.

Absolutley, drafting him over Derrik Rose would be a big mistake we already have two solid SF Nocioni and Deng. Also with Rose Thomas, Gooden and Noah will excell. The only time I'd consider drafting Beasley would be if he was a legitmate 6'9" without shoes and 6'10" with shoes. I'm good with the big guys we have now because Rose could make them that much better, plus they're only going to get better since most of them are really young.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
    his size and game is very similar to Tracy Mcgrady but Beasley is actually shorter!
    His game is not anything like T-Mac's and he's taller than T-Mac. McGrady measured 6'6" without shoes.

ROSE > THAN YOU IN-PAX-WE-TRUST's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VCMVP1551
    His game is not anything like T-Mac's and he's taller than T-Mac. McGrady measured 6'6" without shoes.
    nice try buddy... Mcgrady is almost 6'9 w/ shoes... also, there game is more similar than you think...

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
    nice try buddy... Mcgrady is almost 6'9 w/ shoes... also, there game is more similar than you think...
    Give me a link to that because I have a link for his 6'6" w/o shoes measurement.

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-pre-...=0&pos=0&sort=

T-Mac and Kobe who is 6'4.75" without shoes and probably 6'6" in them.

T-Mac and Vince Carter who is 6'5.5" without shoes.

T-Mac is atleast 4 inches shorter than Hakeem Olajuwon who is only about 6'10"

Kobe and Dwyane Wade who is 6'3.75" without shoes and 6'4.75" with shoes. That backs up Kobe being anywhere from 6'4"-6'4.75"

Hakeem getting dwarfed by Shaq who is 7'1" without shoes and about 7'3" in them. That backs up Hakeem being only around 6'10" like he claims.

Kobe claiming to be 6'4"

“Everyone thinks I’m 6 feet 7 inches tall. But just between you and me, I’m really 6-4.”
    http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/24/sp...ll&oref=slogin

Kobe claiming he's probably 6'5" in shoes and his wife saying he measured 6'4.75"

Upon meeting Bryant two Fridays ago, O'Neal Mitchell of Tenaha, Texas, surmised that Bryant wasn't as tall as advertised. Bryant, listed at 6-foot-7 when he entered the NBA and now listed at 6-6 (without the Afro, apparently), came clean with a grin: "I'm probably 6-5 in sneaks."

Bryant's wife, Vanessa, was there and had prodded him by saying she suspected the same thing — and measured her husband at home one day at 6-4 3/4.
    http://www.ocregister.com/sports/kob...1956078-a-wish

Hakeem Olajuwon admitted he was around 6'10"

About the time Olajuwon corrected the world on the spelling of his first name, he also admitted he was closer to 6-10.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpag...55C0A962958260

So with a lot of those heights being documented and comparing them to T-Mac, I doubt T-Mac grew past his 6'6" measurement from 1997.

Now explain how they have similar games and post the link to that 6'9" with shoes measurement.
    Last edited by VCMVP1551; 06-21-2008 at 01:59 PM.

Saw a basketball once Paxson 93's Avatar

It doesn't matter that M Beasley is a SF / PF / SG / NFL player / accountant / romantic...

All this doesn't matter because on Thursday the Bulls
    will be picking ROSE! - hopefully

Tyrus is a Power Forward... Beasley it not.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by Paxson 93
    It doesn't matter that M Beasley is a SF / PF / SG / NFL player / accountant / romantic...

All this doesn't matter because on Thursday the Bulls
    will be picking ROSE! - hopefully

Tyrus is a Power Forward... Beasley it not.

Beasley will be 20/10 ish this year.
    Thomas will be 12/8 ish this year.

And we will see what position Beasley plays.

*Puts money he plays 4 unless he goes to a team with a solid 4*

-Chicago - he plays 4.
    -Miami - toss up since they have Marion who can play the 3 or 4 as well.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by meanmonster

Derrick Rose is reportedly 6'5, if you guys draft him, I mean... 6'5 guys are supposedly to play SG right?
    good try...derrick rose is 6'1.5" without shoes

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-pre-...&draft=0&sort=

wade=mvp

does it really matter how tall you are??????beasly can play both position???and rose shooting guard??????wtf??in beasly first year he will play sf if he goes to the heat and marion doesnt opt out, just so he can get used to it.